Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

Useless.

He just looks so old now, he's so immobile and his finishing has gone too.

He makes us so much worse when he plays.

BorisManUtd

He wasn't bad and linked up well at times but just don't expect him to score these days which should be his main attribute.

r1z3mu

Maybe I'm wrong but I think he is simply useless right now. It's sad but without his speed and strength he is pretty much done. And Neville is right - we do play better when he is not in the team.

Red-17

Should never play a full 90 again. It’s criminal to do that to him.

sancho or garnacho on for him and we score another.
I think the only reason he stayed on was set piece defending to be honest. I don't think we had an attacking sub who would be enough of a game changer to trade off for taking off a great defensive header for someone like Sancho or Garnacho who are both about 5 foot 6.

Rojow

I can't understand why he always pass the ball backwards. He can't pass the ball forward these days. Amazing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How are people saying his work rate was fine? He made a few sprints but how hard did he work to get back from offside positions, how hard did he work to offer passing options?

Greck

He isn't scoring because he isn't playing ETH principles and it's because his decisionmaking is so deluded. A counter in the first half fizzled out because he shot from 30 yards when he should have rolled the ball to a better placed Rashford. Who knows. a rashford assist could have materialsied if he made the right movement and got the ball back, unfortunately a rashford goal could have also materialsied so he wasn't having any of that. I don't mind the misses, I mind that his touches rig key attacks to benefit only him.

Strelok

I sincerely hope this is the last time he plays for us. We look like shit whenever he plays.

BarstoolProphet

Maybe I'm wrong but I think he is simply useless right now. It's sad but without his speed and strength he is pretty much done. And Neville is right - we do play better when he is not in the team.
Nah, you're right. He is among the worst, if not the worst, striker in the league now.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Should never play a full 90 again. It’s criminal to do that to him.

sancho or garnacho on for him and we score another.
This is the problem with having this guy around, managers compromise to the detriment of the team to keep the guy happy.

People might think ETH doesn't care whether it's Ronaldo or not but ever since his episode he's been reluctant to do anything that might upset him, case in point he's let him play both games 90 minutes when he didn't deserve to.

Before the episode Ten Hag had no problem subbing or dropping him but ever since then Ronaldo has been catered to. I'll wait for more games to confirm my suspicions but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

kundalini

6 attempts. 3 blocked, 2 off-target, one shot from distance saved. So many crosses aimed in his direction that got cut out by West Ham defenders.

He managed to avoid being offside; which is an improvement. His positioning on the pitch is just weird at times. He drops deep and joins in play on the left, leaving no-one in the central striker space.

The team barely functions with Ronaldo on the pitch in PL games.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am so angry, I don't know about others. You're on the decline, you are not the player you were, the least you can do is play for the team. Almost every key pass from him is shit.

Idxomer

6 attempts. 3 blocked, 2 off-target, one shot from distance saved. So many crosses aimed in his direction that got cut out by West Ham defenders.

He managed to avoid being offside; which is an improvement. His positioning on the pitch is just weird at times. He drops deep and joins in play on the left, leaving no-one in the central striker space.
It's weird for a striker but that's basically how he played for the last 15 years.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I am so angry, I don't know about others. You're on the decline, you are not the player you were, the least you can do is play for the team. Almost every key pass from him is shit.
What makes me angrier beside his selfishness on the pitch is the fact he feels he's the only one entitled to be picked and play every games, full games by default. He doesn't have to perform or anything, he just has to be picked.

Lots of players this seasons have been dropped due to form at various time yet didn't make a saga drama out of it. All of Shaw, Maguire, Sancho, Scott, Fred, Martinez etc were either dropped or subbed early due to poor performances and none threw a tantrum. They put their heads down and got on with it. Some regained their places back and other are still waiting for more chances.

In Ronaldo's case, he rightly get subbed or dropped for poor performances and he threw tantrums. Create drama and whatsnot which pit everyone in awkward situations.

We play bad with him around, his drop mediocre performance every time he steps on the pitch yet he want to be untouchable. Can't wait to see the back of him, hopefully in January.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ronaldo is not the striker for this system. Ten Hag even said post match that Ronaldo coming deep so much is not good for him or the team. It got better second half when he held his position. However, he then missed the chances that came to him. It was just more evidence that he's not the player he was.

BristolRuss

He scores every 4th chance. He will score one next game and fanboys will be back with this "but he scored last game" bullshit.
Hah, he wishes. 22 shots and 1 goal in the league - a conversion rate of 4.54%. 39 shots and 3 goals in all competitions - a conversion rate of 7.69%.

MTF

His "good" link-up is him moving off the back line, getting in a passing lane, and then laying off the pass back to the same player or just off an angle to someone who is about as progressed as the original passer. It doesn't actually achieve much.

It's ok for a forward to do that every now and then, but good link-up from an attacking player are passes that consolidate possession at least one defensive line beyond where the team had possession originally.

MattofManchester

Thought he was alright, but really should have scored 2. The header and the left foot shot he skied.

Completely changes the outlook of the game if he finishes. It's crazy how far that part of his game has fallen.

If anything, it constantly looks like he's rushing everything, which causes it to end poorly. There's no composure that you're used to seeing.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Hah, he wishes. 22 shots and 1 goal in the league - a conversion rate of 4.54%. 39 shots and 3 goals in all competitions - a conversion rate of 7.69%.
I conducted an eye examination of big chances he has and 25% conversion rate is my estimation. Don't put too much faith in those stats and numbers mate.

BlueHaze

He's absolutely horrid. Misses more chances these days than shots on target even.

He's just taking up a huge chunk of wages and doing nothing. Only thing he was supposed to do was score goals and he doesn't even do that anymore. Hope they get rid of him.

Luka Mora

This is the problem with having this guy around, managers compromise to the detriment of the team to keep the guy happy.

People might think ETH doesn't care whether it's Ronaldo or not but ever since his episode he's been reluctant to do anything that might upset him, case in point he's let him play both games 90 minutes when he didn't deserve to.

Before the episode Ten Hag had no problem subbing or dropping him but ever since then Ronaldo has been catered to. I'll wait for more games to confirm my suspicions but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
Just keep singing and chanting Viva Ronaldo and all the problems will go away.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's so bad. That thing he does where he decides to come deep in midfield and do a 3 yard lay off adding nothing but slowing us down is annoying.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s pretty much only in the team due to injuries, we’re miles better without him.

Ace of Spades

Not only is he shit, everyone else around him become brain damaged and try to play the most stupid passes to him because he asked for it.

Can't wait till this cretin is gone, or at least hope Martial is back to full fitness.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

This was the most frustrating thing for me today. Not scoring is one thing, not scoring while wasting possession by spamming stupid shots is another.

Marwood

I said earlier in the match day thread that Ronaldo seems to get what he wants whenever he throws these meltdowns. Happened with Rangnick and I'm sensing it could be happening with ETG right now but I'll wait to see if he's untouched after a few more games.

During Rangnick reign, Ronaldo threw a meltdown after getting subbed and he never did get subbed again after that.

So far signs are pointing to something similar happening with ETH. Hasn't been dropped since his episode nor has he been subbed despite his poor showings.

I really hope this isn't the case with ETH, we simply cannot be held hostage by this guy who only cares about himself and couldn't give a damn what happens to the club.
He got left out of the Chelsea squad. That's hardly getting what he wants. Or ETH being held hostage.

ManRed

He drags the whole attack down with him. Its infuriating to see Dalot and Bruno constantly searching him in attack when there are better options. He should move on January for the sake of the team.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
His time is up. You’re so much better without him.

flameinthesun

In a take no prisoners mood today Cris? :lol:
The guy is such an idiot, everything is about him. Cannot wait to see him gone from the club. The guy is the completely the opposite of the type of player we should have in ten hag's team.

LoneStar

I would rather play Lukaku than him if there was a choice. Lukaku would certainly have scored more at least. And I don't rate Lukaku at all...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

This was the most frustrating thing for me today. Not scoring is one thing, not scoring while wasting possession by spamming stupid shots is another.
That shot from range on a 3 v 2 was infuriating

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He got left out of the Chelsea squad. That's hardly getting what he wants. Or ETH being held hostage.
I'm talking about post that whole saga. Ever since he's returned to the team he hasn't missed a single second despite ETH dropping or subbing him before when he wasn't having an effective game. Granted it's only been 2 games but there is food for thought.

I hope I'm way off on this but I'll see how things develop. There has just been signs to me that ETH is trying to accommodate him. Sending Bruno wide and trying the 442 and things of such. Let's see how things go.

Raincool165

His finishing is too poor, and so is his passing. I have the feelings that his foot no longer listen to him. Last season he had so many incredible shoots, but there is none this season so far, and it seems that those shots will never appear again.

Status
Not open for further replies.