Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He wasn’t actually bad today. That’s as good as it can get for him nowadays.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I am convinced he does not care about the team. Plays for himself. Offside a lot of the time, doesn't bother to get onside and always looking to shoot. This cannot go on.
That’s him, that’s always been him.

GlasgowCeltic

I'm talking about post that whole saga. Ever since he's returned to the team he hasn't missed a single second despite ETH dropping or subbing him before when he wasn't having an effective game. Granted it's only been 2 games but there is food for thought.

I hope I'm way off on this but I'll see how things develop. There has just been signs to me that ETH is trying to accommodate him. Sending Bruno wide and trying the 442 and things of such. Let's see how things go.
Makes you wonder if he even apologised, certainly can’t have meant it

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
He still does these nonsensical attempts to do stepovers and feints that now are no longer effective. He cannot do them speedily now.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Very wasteful again. Totally lost his edge.

Some seem to think getting on the ball is an alright performance from him.

Idxomer

I'm talking about post that whole saga. Ever since he's returned to the team he hasn't missed a single second despite ETH dropping or subbing him before when he wasn't having an effective game. Granted it's only been 2 games but there is food for thought.

I hope I'm way off on this but I'll see how things develop. There has just been signs to me that ETH is trying to accommodate him. Sending Bruno wide and trying the 442 and things of such. Let's see how things go.
He has been trying to accommodate him all season from trying Fred behind him one game to putting Rashford beside him in another to having McTominay play behind him today while moving Bruno to the wing.

It makes all the criticism towards ETH from the likes of Keane and Rio more baffling.

FriedClams

taking up the weirdest positions at times. I paused the game 5 times today when Maguire or martinez had the ball and every time, there were 4 players minimum further forward than him.

Donut

ETH is not stupid, he’s basically forced to play him because Martial is out and to keep the harmony in the squad. I think he’s gone in January and good riddance.

Luka Mora

He has been trying to accommodate him all season from trying Fred behind him one game to putting Rashford beside him in another to having McTominay play behind him today while moving Bruno to the wing.

It makes all the criticism towards ETH from the likes of Keane and Rio more baffling.
Well this is the problem, the whole team has to cater towards ronaldo and now ETH feels compelled to start him and play him for 90 mins in fear of another shitstorm if he decides to sub him.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
At this point, isnt it better to juat grab any youth team striker and give that said striker minutes? Might as well take a chance for the future

Deery

Dreary
He didn’t do terrible but if he was 5 years younger he’d have had two today, which makes you think we need a younger, sharper, forward in January if we want a cup..

Stookie

Nurse bell end
He didn’t play too bad today I thought but there was a couple of occasions when I thought, ‘yeah he’s nearly finished’. One was towards the end of the second half when he got the ball in midfield and played it out to the winger on the right into the open. It showed his legs have almost gone as he trotted up field. Ronaldo of old would have been sprinting. The other occasion wasn’t to do with legs but his fight for the team. After keeping the ball in well near the touch line and passing it to Shaw, Shaw was then cynically fouled near him. Any other team mate would have been going mad at the ref for a foul (which was given but that’s not my point), but Ronnie acted like he didn’t give a shit. I dunno… maybe I read more into these things than are actually true.

Malone_Post

It’s effectively like playing with 10 men when he starts. He offers nothing on or off the ball. His half hearted press means the team can’t push up effectively and he doesn’t have the patience to stay up top and occupy the defenders because he still wants to play like he’s 25 and be on the ball constantly. If he could just stay up top he might at the very minimum create space for others and give us an outlet. And that’s before we even get into his petulant attitude this season. He’s a massive headache for ETH, the sooner he’s gone and we can move on the better.

Devil81

Today he worked hard for the team at times, his top level career is over though.

He's finished as a striker, his body is giving up on him. I'm not even sure he'd be pacey enough for the MLS.

Strelok

He wasn’t actually bad today. That’s as good as it can get for him nowadays.
This is the new standard for him. Reading those posts saying him was ok today make me realised that his mediocre nothing game now is considered ok simply because he's been so shite. Now useless-but-look-less-shit is considered an ok game for him.

One of his fans even asked me that he was running and pressing a bit today so what else people like me still want from him :houllier:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No matter what his fanbois can say, he really is finished. There ain't a single aspect of what was once his great game, that he's kept at a decent level. Even when heading the ball, he is piss

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Viva Diva chant i simply can't understand. Guy shits on the club over and over and still gets love from the fans

Bobade

Gary Neville was a competent Man Utd player (which is a phenomenal thing to be). I guess his song will be sung just as often as all the other competent players.
I think most people would consider Gary Neville to have been a little bit more than competent for Man United.

Bobade

On Ronaldo, I think he was bad today. He beat his man a few times, did some decent stuff, but he just looks to shoot from wherever. I know that’s Ronaldo, but it didn’t matter before because he buried them. He does not now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This will be as good as it gets when it comes to a total performance without a goal. He's clearly an old man in football terms and it shows with his movements.

Abraxas

Again, can't say I fault his effort considering his aging legs, it's just everything to do with actual football that is going wrong.

mshnsh

ETH is not stupid, he’s basically forced to play him because Martial is out and to keep the harmony in the squad. I think he’s gone in January and good riddance.
Not so sure about that. There are is no team that will take him on those wages. He tried in the summer and failed. Ronaldo was supposed to reveal the media lies which never came probably because the move he expected did not materialise.

I knew we would make a hard game of it as soon as I saw him starting. It's Moyes's cup final and we played with a striker who can't hold the ball or move to relieve pressure. His goals do not make up for the poor play.

CloneMC16

I think he actually worked hard in this game. He did a lot of pressing. Especially first half. He caused Fabianski to misplace a few passes that allowed us to win the ball back.

His finishing has all but left him. It's terrible nowadays. He gets opportunities that he would normally force the keeper to make a save. Now, most of his shots go off target. He pisses me off when he chooses not to pass and go for a long range shot that he has little to no chance of scoring.

I also think he tries dropping deep too often. There are quite a few scenarios that he drops deep to get a touch on the ball. He likes to move out towards the left. The ball works its way out wide to Shaw, and since Ronaldo came deep, we have nobody in the box. We end up having to recycle the ball back into midfield.

The absolute shit pass he played when we were countering was extremely frustrating. Rashford was making a run and didn't receive a pass from Ronaldo. He ended up running offside and had to slow his run. Ronaldo then played a terrible pass towards Bruno. Well, I think that's what he was doing. I'm not 100% sure what he was doing.

We kept him on to win some defensive headers during set pieces. He did win a couple, so there was some use for him there.

Overall, having him here is not good for this team. Our players make worse decisions trying to find him when he is in the box. Far more terrible crosses go in when Ronaldo is on the pitch. It's drama for ETH when he does or doesn't start. It can also be a problem to sub him. When he acts like a baby, the media goes crazy over it. The drama isn't worth it for the (lack of) quality he brings nowadays.

Last edited:

AdNani

Anyone else find him going over and speaking/making it blatantly obvious he's not speaking to certain pundits absolutely infuriating? he's so intent on making everything about himself. I cannot wait until he leaves.

add the fact he's been fecking shite for 95% of his minutes.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I am so angry, I don't know about others. You're on the decline, you are not the player you were, the least you can do is play for the team. Almost every key pass from him is shit.
You’d think after getting kicked out of the squad and having “a chat” with ten Hag before coming back in would change him. It hasn’t.

Djemba-Djemba

Hopefully 4 games left and then he's gone in January.

He doesn't want to be here and it's becoming a real struggle watching him play for us. He's so past his best it's tough to watch.

He isn't worth the drama he brings with him anymore.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Gary Neville was a competent Man Utd player (which is a phenomenal thing to be). I guess his song will be sung just as often as all the other competent players.
Competent? He's probably the greatest right back in the history of the entire club.

Wasn't the greatest on the ball but worked very well with Becks as a duo. Defensively he was superb and also a great leader.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
At this point, isnt it better to juat grab any youth team striker and give that said striker minutes? Might as well take a chance for the future
Our problem is we don’t have any kid coming through who could play as number 9 any time soon. The only out and out strikers are miles below the standard required. And yes, that means not even as good as Ronaldo.

cyberman

Played well I though. Seems he not being involved in a deeper role like the first half was a Ten Hag choice which was weird.

Foxbatt

He wasn't as bad as some made it out. Probably one of his better games recently.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Competent? He's probably the greatest right back in the history of the entire club.

Wasn't the greatest on the ball but worked very well with Becks as a duo. Defensively he was superb and also a great leader.
Gary Neville is so underrated. He was a very good right back, one of the few undroppable players.

Status
Not open for further replies.