Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is what not retiring on time causes...disrespect.

Mickson

I will lose it if he starts on Sunday. The most boring player there is. So underwhelming and unglamorous too, a simple pass looks difficult for him. Robocop.

Mmm-Qatarian

If last night was one of his better performances, then he is completely finished.
Yeah, I'm not sure if I conveyed it very well but this was meant to be the implication of my post. I entirely agree that he's finished at the top level.

Marwood

As @Pogue Mahone expertly explained a couple of months back. The older you get, you lose your balance. In football, balance affects everything. His finishing has gone because he can no longer get his shot away quick enough.
I don't even think it is a big deal. The man will be 38 in three months. We fecked ourselves by being exposed to this situation due to some nonsensical belief that Ronaldo can defy time.
I think its more the loss of agility and flexibility. That's why he can't get his shots off the same. He looks very stiff and blocky now.

What I don't get is those fans who seem shocked this has happened. Did they think he'll go on forever.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Martial is injured. And Rashford down the middle is useless (while Rashford on the left is sensational). If Martial was fit he would play.
Martial was injured when he benched or subbed him prior to his episode, so that can't be the reason. Also Rashford playing as a striker has still proven more fruitful than Ronaldo with this being highlighted in the Newcastle game when Ronaldo came off we suddenly started creating chances and became threatening.

I think it's naïve to think Ronaldo's tantrum and all the drama it brought hasn't affected the way Ten Hag approaches his situation. He's clearly trying not to rock the boat ever since that episode hence why we see all these bizarre formation changes and players shunned into positions they are less effective(Bruno wide, Rashford at the 10) to keep Ronaldo in the side because subbing or dropping him comes with a tantrum and the media's circus.

Strelok

He is finished, even his fanboys will realise it soon.
Speaking of his fans I can't help but notice they've been really quiet these days. Since he got his starts. Especially his ex teammates or friends in the media. You don't even see like any of his 'fans' on various social media platforms including redcafe posting nonsenses like previously. After he threw his strop they're out in full force but now suprisingly they almost disappear.

My bet is he got what he wanted so the PR campaign with paid PR companies can stop a bit. Wait until he doesn't we'd see the full of them again I reckon.

Glorio

I desperately want Ronaldo at OT next season ... Playing a legends game, running rings round Carragher and Hyppia, scoring a hattrick against Pepe Reina, while making us collectively wonder longingly whether he'd still be able to cut it professionally. :drool: :drool: :drool:

fallengt

I know it's unfair to say like this but we simply just underperform with him in the lineup. I can't count a single game that United played well with Ronaldo starting in this season.

Kaos

Hope he doesn't start an important game for us again. Use him as a sub or have him starting in the league cup/FA cup.

IRN-BRUno

It's like watching the family pet in his last days. We're all just sat there waiting for the inevitable. He's rapidly deteriorating, there are the occasional moments when he looks something like his old self but they're happening less and less. He quickly reverts back to being unable to do the basic everyday things. He just lays there, mostly off to the side. With his own personalised blanket and his favourite old cuddly toys, Rio and Roy.

The time has come, when the vets is open in the morning January he needs to be put out of his misery.

Luka Mora

It's like watching the family pet in his last days. We're all just sat there waiting for the inevitable. He's rapidly deteriorating, there are the occasional moments when he looks something like his old self but they're happening less and less. He quickly reverts back to being unable to do the basic everyday things. He just lays there, mostly off to the side. With his own personalised blanket and his favourite old cuddly toys, Rio and Roy.

The time has come, when the vets is open in the morning January he needs to be put out of his misery.
Family pets love unconditionally, and are loyal to the bone so you don't have to worry about them running off with another owner, so don't think it's fair to compare them to Ronaldo

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

That is a good comparison. I was hoping that it would have turned out better for him and United. But it hasn't.
And he has been given enough chances to turn it around.
Lets see what happens in January.

Devil81

The fact ETH felt he needed to throw on Maguire up front must have been a dent to his ego, the worlds best striker needing assistance off a lump of a CB.

He's going to be dropped for Sunday 100%, I'm also going to throw it out there Portugal will end up dropping him as well during the world cup. I doubt they will make it anywhere if they go with him as their main striker.

Last edited:

peridigm

The fact ETH felt he needed to throw on Maguire up front must have been a dent to his ego, the worlds best striker needing assistance off a lump of a CB.

He's going to be dropped for Sunday 100%, I'm also going to throw it out their Portugal will end up dropping him as well during the world cup. I doubt they will make it anywhere if they go with him as their main striker.
I thought the same when ETH threw Maguire up front. Him and Ronaldo must have thought, WTF? Nothing Maguire has done this season would have made ETH think he could have scored a goal against RS unless he's been banging in headers left, right, and center in training. Anyone of Elanga, Pellistri, or even a more nimble Malacia would have been a better option than Maguire. Martial can't be fit soon enough. The WC break will be like a second pre-season for many players. Hopefully Martial can benefit from that come end of December.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's only getting dropped when we have a fit forward.

Unfortunately to say it, he might be trash now but at least he's not injured.

Josh 76

Speaking of his fans I can't help but notice they've been really quiet these days. Since he got his starts. Especially his ex teammates or friends in the media. You don't even see like any of his 'fans' on various social media platforms including redcafe posting nonsenses like previously. After he threw his strop they're out in full force but now suprisingly they almost disappear.

My bet is he got what he wanted so the PR campaign with paid PR companies can stop a bit. Wait until he doesn't we'd see the full of them again I reckon.
The fans boys new excuse is “he didn’t get pre season.”
The bloke has played 15 fecking games!

Zlaatan

Parody Account
It's hard for me to say he's totally done because he still scored 24 goals last season. I really don't think he can have changed that much, he was still scoring at the end of last season. He's in a funk and I think he'll get out of it at some point

having said that, it's pretty obvious that he is holding us back and we are worse with him up front than we would be with a younger and more dynamic striker.
He hasn't changed all that much from last season, the biggest difference by far is that he no longer puts away his chances. He did have a few games last season where he was really good, but the majority of the time he played pretty much like he's doing now but he was able find the net with a good finish once every two games or so which made some people forget/ignore how he actually played.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He hasn't changed all that much from last season, the biggest difference by far is that he no longer puts away his chances. He did have a few games last season where he was really good, but the majority of the time he played pretty much like he's doing now but he was able find the net with a good finish once every two games or so which made some people forget/ignore how he actually played.
It also important to note that his goals last season didn't show up when it mattered most and went months being awful even scoring wise effectively playing us out of a CL spot then he started scoring again once the season was essentially over for us.

His late surge of goal at the end of the season were all meaningless. We were out of the CL, far off a spot in the top 4 while he was scoring pointless hattricks which I guess were good for his personal stats.

Trex

Is it a coincidence our general play regressed with Ronaldo starting against West Ham, Sociedad after the improvement without him against Tottenham and Chelsea performance.
(Sheriff doesn't count they totally sat off us plus they're someway below the qualities of our other opponents).

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Is it a coincidence our general play regressed with Ronaldo starting against West Ham, Sociedad after the improvement without him against Tottenham and Chelsea performance.
(Sheriff doesn't count they totally sat off us plus they're someway below the qualities of our other opponents).
Not it's not. This has happened way too often to simply dismiss it as coincidence. There hasn't been a single game (Sherrif aside) where Ronaldo has started and we've played well.

He's been part of all our most terrible performances this season aside the City game.

It's a pattern with him. We simply can't play any decent football with him on the pitch. It especially get irritating when you see how we played against Newcastle (after his subbing off), Tottenham and Chelsea. Instead of trying to build on those performances we choose to indulge him and in turn have regressed in our football compared to a week ago.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yeah because we had a mini injury crisis.

With Martial back (and hopefully staying fit) and Rashford in good form, there should be no room for Ronaldo in our starting 11.
There shouldn't be room for Ronaldo starting let alone finishing games even with Martial out. We did that prior to his reintegration just a week ago and we played some of our best football in years against other top teams.

Irwin99

Is it because of injuries hes getting more game time or Eth is being forced to play him after his strop?
100% this. People are quite rightly criticizing Ronaldo's output but there's no one else other than Rashford who can play the number 9 role and there's serious doubts about Rashford's quality in that role too.

largelyworried

Its actually a bizarre end in a way, because the guy scored 24 goals in all competitions last season, and from only 38 games. Thats a better return than either Rashford or Martial in their career best seasons. Van Persie only managed 24 or more goals in a season twice in his entire career. For most normal strikers, that's a fine return when they're 26 years old and at their peak. Ronaldo managed it aged 36.

But this season, sheesh. "Decline" implies something slow over time. He's just stopped. He looks like one of those guys you see at the gym who looks buff as hell on the weights, but is gassed after less than 10 minutes cardio and is so inflexible he can barely touch his toes. I just want him to have a polite exit at this point in time. One or two more decent match winning goals to remember him by.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Its actually a bizarre end in a way, because the guy scored 24 goals in all competitions last season, and from only 38 games. Thats a better return than either Rashford or Martial in their career best seasons. Van Persie only managed 24 or more goals in a season twice in his entire career. For most normal strikers, that's a fine return when they're 26 years old and at their peak. Ronaldo managed it aged 36.

But this season, sheesh. "Decline" implies something slow over time. He's just stopped. He looks like one of those guys you see at the gym who looks buff as hell on the weights, but is gassed after less than 10 minutes cardio and is so inflexible he can barely touch his toes. I just want him to have a polite exit at this point in time. One or two more decent match winning goals to remember him by.
The decline was extremely evident last season, despite the goals.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He did well, shows his tremendous experience (saving himself for Villa game).

I think its more the loss of agility and flexibility. That's why he can't get his shots off the same. He looks very stiff and blocky now.

What I don't get is those fans who seem shocked this has happened. Did they think he'll go on forever.
He does. He looks like a player from old fifa game, when they always needed to face the ball directly to shoot. The way he positions himself is so bizarre, takes ages as well.

D. Grayson

Supports
Ashwood City FC.
I desperately want Ronaldo at OT next season ... Playing a legends game, running rings round Carragher and Hyppia, scoring a hattrick against Pepe Reina, while making us collectively wonder longingly whether he'd still be able to cut it professionally. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Unfortunately, those days are long Finnish...... Puts On Sunglasses / YEEEEAAAHHH

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
There is only one person who offers even less - Tony Martial. Plays 3 weeks then goes back to injury break for 6 weeks.
Your math would suggest that Martial has been available for 30% of the games this season. I think - not even close.

Last edited:

Greck

Rashford has been better at 9 this season. Rashford was our 9 during our win streaks. Rashford at 9 assisted Antony's debut goal against Arsenal and Sancho's season opener against Leicester. We don't just win games, we create chances. The difference when he came on against Newcastle was night and day. Who do people think was up there when we won all the other games martial was injured.

When Rash is up there we don't get the best version of Rashford but we get the better versions of everyone else. It's a tradeoff that has gotten better payoff than starting Ronaldo. Bruno is better and he gets to use his otherworldly chemistry with Rashford when he isn't relegated to feeding Ronaldo. Sancho as well needs central support. He can't beat players but excels when there's central linkup. Their forms continue to fall off a cliff with Ronaldo, who doesn't have any skillset to accentuate a single strength of our attackers.

Last edited:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Your math would suggest that Martial has been available for 30% of the games this season. I think - not even close.
Unironically Martial has statistically provided more than Ronaldo this season despite hardly having played. :lol:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Rashford has been better at 9 this season. Rashford was our 9 during our win streaks. Rashford at 9 assisted Antony's debut goal against Arsenal and Sancho's season opener against Leicester. We don't just win games, we create chances. The difference when he came on against Newcastle was night and day. Who do people think was up there when we won all the other games martial was injured.

When Rash is up there we don't get the best version of Rashford but we get the better versions of everyone else. It's a tradeoff that has gotten better payoff than starting Ronaldo. Bruno is better and he gets to use his otherworldly chemistry with Rashford when he isn't relegated to feeding Ronaldo. Sancho as well needs central support. He can't beat players but excels when there's central linkup. Their forms continue to fall off a cliff with Ronaldo, who doesn't have any skillset to accentuate a single strength of our attackers.
This. I don't know why Ten Hag insists on entertaining Ronaldo since his return to the team after his pathetic tantrum.

After coming from playing some of our best football in years against top teams, we set ourselves back just to indulge Ronaldo. Since his return we haven't seen any of that good football we were starting to see just a week ago. We've gone backward both defensively and offensively. We've suddenly started conceding loads of chances again while hardly creating any ourselves. Against Newcastle(post Ronaldo sub), Tottenham and Chelsea we hardly conceded chances while being dominant for the most part. All that has been flushed down the toilet to accommodate Ronaldo and we're back to conceding loads of chances and creating feck all.

I'd rather see us create some decent chances and Rashford missing them than barely creating anything and Ronaldo missing the very few chances we get anyways. And even in cases when we create plenty despite him being around(happens against utterly poor teams like Omonia and Sheriff), he still misses anyways, so this Ronaldo partnership doesn't take us anywhere.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Unironically Martial has statistically provided more than Ronaldo this season despite hardly having played. :lol:
If you count goals probably, but Martial has been available very few of the games, which is a very serious problem for us.

KeanoMagicHat

He's only getting dropped when we have a fit forward.

Unfortunately to say it, he might be trash now but at least he's not injured.
The thing is he's also unlikely to get injured because he never runs enough to do so, always focused on self-preservation.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
100% this. People are quite rightly criticizing Ronaldo's output but there's no one else other than Rashford who can play the number 9 role and there's serious doubts about Rashford's quality in that role too.
Rashford is far better than Ronaldo in that role, but Antony is ill, Sancho is ill and possibly more out of form than Ronaldo (and was only on the bench for the 1 game), garnacho is a kid, and Elanga is a shit footballer. So Ronaldo is in by default right now. Once Antony and Sancho are fit, he'll be benched. Once Martial is also fit, Ronaldo is 5th choice attacker (Ten Hags neutral view). Garnacho will push him to 6th choice attacker before long.

He did well, shows his tremendous experience (saving himself for Villa game).

He does. He looks like a player from old fifa game, when they always needed to face the ball directly to shoot. The way he positions himself is so bizarre, takes ages as well.
Yeah, it's bizarre how he's unable to do a curling finish. It's so easy for a decent defender to read him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
As long as we don't get a new striker, he'll play. People can talk about Rashford as striker, and he's still better than Ronaldo as striker. But he's atill as average as a PL standard can be in that role. I even think he's championship level at that position.

It's been on record that Rashford has a fragile mentality when things don't go his way (see McClaren's and with your own eyes). Which is often happened when he played as striker. And the coaches are trying to build up his confidence this season, and he has shown a lot progress in his play on the wing. You don't want to damage that again. So it's a catch-22.

Status
Not open for further replies.