Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why would you choose to be a fanboy?
I don’t choose to be, it’s just that I followed his football for long long time, and his has been my favourite player for past 18 years. Football has been my favourite sports, and watching him playing and scoring goals becomes huge part of my time as a football fan. You see I joined Redcafe in 2003 with RedRonaldo as my username, throughout the years I’ve followed his football closely, I regarded him as GOAT over many many years of watching, and even today at this retiring age he is still my favourite player, and still among the top (top scorer in Italy and Euro), he is the most determined and inspirational player I’ve ever watched. The way he played/reinvented his football across different stage of his career is what I admired most in a player. And he also has by far the largest fanbase, not only in football, but in the whole world, across all trades. Is it that difficult to understand why one would turn into part of his fanbase? I just happened to be part of the huge 330 million fans out there. (Wouldn’t say I am among the most devoted group though as I never really press any like on his Instagram posts before)

Last edited:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
There are broadly two types of people in life; the Ronaldos and the Ronaldon'ts. Those taking the piss out of @RedRonaldo clearly fall into the latter category and I feel for you, I really do. Watching Ronaldo play is like watching your son but even better because when the ball hits the back of the net and you let the siuuuuuu burst out from deep within, the feeling is just indescribable.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Really? You will enjoy a city player winning the league title?
No I don’t enjoy City winning anything at all, I really hate it, but I would feel proud for Ronaldo scoring goals, breaking more records, and achieved more individual greatness. Yes there could be conflict of interest and moment of awkwardness if it happens, but that’s life and I guess I’d have to deal with it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Honestly I can't understand the attitude of United fans ... Ronaldo gave His all at United and talks about his time there positively. He had always dreamed of Madrid - so much so that he joined Madrid when it was 2 levels below United in terms of its standing in Europe performance-wise. United are the same as Juventus to Him ... just a sex partner. Madrid was His wife.

United should be grateful that Ronaldo has a significant link to them. How many truly 'global' (not just European) superstars has United had in its 100-year history ... Best, Beckham, at a stretch Rooney? I bet United has continued to benefit even after Ronaldo left, just because of being associated with Him ... I bet the comment 'Ronaldo was developed here' comes up every time United try to sign a young player. I bet sponsors continue to overpay to United in the hope that United sign another Ronaldo some day.
:lol: Garbage post

AbstruseAlan

As can be seen, I very rarely post but jesus, some of the replies in here are unbelievable. IF Ronaldo signs for City, he's dead to me. Absolutely erases anything he's ever done for this club and I hope he receives the worst possible reception possible when visiting OT.

For what it's worth, I don't think there's much substance to it. Just the latest hype story with Kane now declaring he's staying. I think he'll stay at Juventus and then move next summer. Isn't the Europa league the only cup he hasn't won? (Not that it'd take priority for him in his mind over CL obviously) but it wouldn't be snubbed I'm sure.

amolbhatia50k

I was teasing about the 'wife' thing ... but whatever else I've written is exactly how every objective non-fan thinks about it. United will always be in the conversation when people discuss GOATs - especially since he won his first Ballon d'Or at United. This is good for United - a positive association with GOATs.
But Messi never played for us. And Manchester United is bigger than any footballer who will disappear into memory as usual.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The only reason I can see him going to City is solely for the money because he has won the PL. But thankfully he doesn't seem like that type of player. I don't see him wanting to change his values or damage his reputation by signing for Citeh. The prime example of this when he destroyed Coca Cola on camera. If it's all about money, he would have not done that, some players are almost begging to be sponsored by huge corporations like Coca Cola to the point where they'd be scared to do such a thing. But he doesn't give a feck, he didn't need the money and it made him look bad. So yeah stupid paper rumors as usual.

amolbhatia50k

Hypothetically speaking, I wouldn’t necessarily regard Ronaldo as just a City player, more like Ronaldo in City shirt doing his GOAT things to me. I see Ronaldo > City.
He would be a City player representating that club. Your delusion won't change facts

Anyhoo I don't think this will happen. Too late in the day and I'm not sure he's a Pep player either (although neither is Jesus)

Dansk

I'd be annoyed if he ends up at City, but I'm not very bothered about getting him back to United. Even for a physical marvel like him, he's in the twilight of his career. Juventus themselves have said that it's problematic to have him in the squad, because while he can still perform when he's the centerpiece of the team, you don't want to build a team around someone his age. It's too much of a band-aid and we would pay for it in a couple of years when our current lineup of exciting young attackers have played second fiddle to a 36 year old superstar who just wanted to wring what last bits of glory he could from the remainder of his career. I can't see him coming here to sit on the bench, and if we'd need to let him start consistently in order to get him, I would decline. There can't be that much the young lads can learn from him that they can't learn from Cavani, or Zlatan before him. We need to stop papering over the cracks with aging stars.

gorky_utd

I was teasing about the 'wife' thing ... but whatever else I've written is exactly how every objective non-fan thinks about it. United will always be in the conversation when people discuss GOATs - especially since he won his first Ballon d'Or at United. This is good for United - a positive association with GOATs.
:lol: Garbage post
Forget GOAT conversation. The only reason Mboopi wants to join them is because of the garbage farmers league they play. There will be no adjustment issue for him. There is only one obsession at real madrid and among their fans and that is premier league.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Going to City would not be the most beautiful thing to finish his career. Whatever the team in his heart, if you've played 6 years for United, you won't go to City.
And with Guardiola, who has always treated him, or has seemed to me with disdain.

The PSG thing seems worse. Get together with Messi at this point...I suppose that for the neutral it will be an event, but I see it as a tremendous drop of pants.

The most reasonable thing at this point I think would be to stay at Juve and then go to Lisbon or Miami.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He would be a City player representating that club. Your delusion won't change facts

Anyhoo I don't think this will happen. Too late in the day and I'm not sure he's a Pep player either (although neither is Jesus)
I just hope it won’t happen. I am begging PSG to accept Madrid bid for Mbappe and they would go for Ronaldo instead.

amolbhatia50k

Forget GOAT conversation. The only reason Mboopi wants to join them is because of the garbage farmers league they play. There will be no adjustment issue for him. There is only one obsession at real madrid and among their fans and that is premier league.
I think La Liga is/was great tbh. But I didn't think we had the clowns on redcafe that we clearly do going by this thread. Honoured to be linked him :lol:

Sancho was our big money move this summer and I prefer that signing. If we sign someone else (I don't thinks so) it'll be a midfielder.

amolbhatia50k

Going to City would not be the most beautiful thing to finish his career. Whatever the team in his heart, if you've played 6 years for United, you won't go to City.
And with Guardiola, who has always treated him, or has seemed to me with disdain.

The PSG thing seems worse. Get together with Messi at this point...I suppose that for the neutral it will be an event, but I see it as a tremendous drop of pants.

The most reasonable thing at this point I think would be to stay at Juve and then go to Lisbon or Miami.
So much more level headed.

Btw why would a move to PSG be a negative for Ronaldo?

gorky_utd

I think La Liga is/was great tbh. But I didn't think we had the clowns on redcafe that we clearly do going by this thread. Honoured to be linked him :lol:

Sancho was our big money move this summer and I prefer that signing. If we sign someone else (I don't thinks so) it'll be a midfielder.
I seriously like the Madrid fans here as they seem knowledgeable. But this one is a clear troll. He is more suited to reddit or twitter than a fan forum. I don't watch la liga but normally watch el Clasico and find it pretty entertaining tbh.

amolbhatia50k

I seriously like the Madrid fans here as they seem knowledgeable. But this one is a clear troll. He is more suited to reddit or twitter than a fan forum. I don't watch la liga but normally watch el Clasico and find it pretty entertaining tbh.
The older ones are good. The newer ones are terrible. Same with Chelsea fans. Both had some of the best and most pleasant opposition fans on the caf but the recent batches have lowered the standard.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Di Marzio reporting he has been offered a 2 year deal for 15m . It should be net but Messi is getting 31 net. I don't think he would be fine to get half of what Messi is getting.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
So much more level headed.

Btw why would a move to PSG be a negative for Ronaldo?
He has always stood out for wanting to be the leader, for his competitive spirit. Hugging on Instagram with his biggest sporting rival seems a bit incongruous.

amolbhatia50k

He has always stood out for wanting to be the leader, for his competitive spirit. Hugging on Instagram with his biggest sporting rival seems a bit incongruous.
I think in the end we have to remember that they're only players trying to be the best they can. Teams often have many leaders whcih was the case with Madrid and Barcelona too.

On a tactical side though I don't they fit. Ronaldo these days prefers to get on the end of crosses. Messi and Neymar don't seem to fit with that.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Because we’re stupid af. City are signing the exact two players we needed to sign and the worst part is both Jack and Ronaldo would not say no to Utd.
This is a strange take. UTD needs a CDM more than Grealish

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Don’t you It would be fun to watch them celebrate a goal together after all these years of rivalry? There’s nothing more they could compete against each other anymore since Ronaldo left Spain, maybe WC next year but I don’t think they would have a chance anyway. The best way to re-ignite their drama, is perhaps having them both playing/competing in same team. It would be fun to watch.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Don’t you It would be fun to watch them celebrate a goal together after all these years of rivalry? There’s nothing more they could compete against each other anymore since Ronaldo left Spain, maybe WC next year but I don’t think they would have a chance anyway. The best way to re-ignite their drama, is perhaps having them both playing/competing in same team. It would be fun to watch.
For me Messi is Barcelona.i would feel that all their previous rivalry is a bit blurred. Who cares what you've done for a decade if you're going to end up playing with him for money. I feel the same with Ramos, whom I see out of place.
Besides, I think It wouldn't do him any favors in the debate of who is the best.

RAVred

Because he's thirty fecking six years old and on top of the 25mm he'd cost, would demand preposterous wages of about 700K a week. As good as he is, we are not an oil state bank rolled club, and that kind of investment would be stupid for a self sustainable club for a player his age. If he came on a free and wanted 300-400k a week, yes I could see it for the impact and commercial value he'd have, but at the figures quoted we'd be fecking ourselves over.

Clearly we need to offload players, but as everyone can see it's very challenging in COVID to get anything like the fees we'd want for any of our unwanted players.
The reason we can’t offload players like Martial is because they are very very crap for 250k pounds a week. He would be lucky to get 100k at most clubs let alone 250k

ronaldo would be worth 700k a week for his influence off the pitch, advertising, experience he’d provide to young players etc.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Person pours their heart out and you people make fun of them???? This fecking place...

I'm starting a @RedRonaldo support group. Keep being you mate!

NewYorkRed

Cristiano is my footballing idol. If he goes to city, it will honestly be devastating for me. But as far as i’m concerned, he can f**k off and eat shit if he does move there. Personally can’t see it happening though- I think he will stay at Juve, win a serie A and then move next summer.

mshnsh

What a load of garbage. Typical arrogant Madrid fan

However i can't comprehend why some United fans still have an unhealthy allegiance to Ronaldo. The feeling is absolutely not mutual.
Exactly this. I don't understand either. I used to be extremely biased towards him when he was here even when he got ALOT of stick in his first 3 seasons. The moment he left, I stopped my bias and usually said it the way it is.
Messi did the same, they're only interested in the cash
Nop. Messi did not 'offer himself' to anyone. PSG had been after his signature for sometime now. Ronaldo, through his agent, has actually been offering himself to different clubs all summer including Manchester City.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Him. Get it right :lol:
I dunno. Maybe it's just me because i never gave a shit about their supposed rivalry, but at this point of their careers, this would feel less like the rivalry was fake and more like an avengers movie

Jibbs

Doesn’t mean they have to take OUR goal scorer!
One season and he is our... meanwhile we will let Ronaldo go to city who gave United everything we couldn't even dreamt of winning without him.

ForeverRed1

You a united fan?

Mr Smith

Convinced he won't go to City, but he's dead to me if he does. Even if I take my United hat off, it's such a cheap move. He's being paid a mountain at one of the best and most prestigious clubs in the world, and he's going to leave and go to a plastic club with no legacy for one last desperate chance at the CL, a trophy by the way that City have never won.

All that said, I don't believe he'll do it. He'll hang around for one more year at Juve then leave for PSG on a free for a lap of honour with Messi.

Thomasvo

I don't get the Ronaldo adulation amongst United fans. Yes he was a great player for us but he left us before he even hit his peak. He's a Real Madrid Legend, not a United one.
But everybody has their own opinion about that, this is just mine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.