Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ole clearly has an idea how he wants to play.
If we get players who have the necessary abilities and are given the necessary training, we will not be far behind anyone.
I don't see any Bests or Maradonas in city or Liverpool.
Its simply playing as a solid team.
You’re right, you can’t keep looking at teams and define them by the GOAT candidates.
Precious few of them in a lifetime and some teams have been brilliant without them but have had 7/8 great players playing great football consistently

Godfather

Happy with this if true, if he's young and hungry then he fits the profile we should be going for.

Don't give a rats ass about the negative comments to this potential transfer. This is probably the same bunch who said Mane and Moura are not good enough for us, clueless.

We need to get real, the big names etc probably won't want to come here now because we're crap.
Jesus Christ. Nothing against a bit of blind optimism but that’s just delusional. Mane and Lucas? Really? Mane who was by far the best player for Salzburg who then went to Southampton and was their best player? Or Lucas who was considered one of the best Brasilian talents of his age? I wanted both of them. But this guy? I guess only 1% of people who post on here have ever seen him or even heard about him. Me neither. But you can’t compare him to the likes of Mane or Lucas at all. A guy that’s 20 and playing for some second fiddle team.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Man’s fast. At least as fast as Mbappe. Imagine subbing him on in the second half against a tired defense.

Fosu-Mens

Jesus Christ. Nothing against a bit of blind optimism but that’s just delusional. Mane and Lucas? Really? Mane who was by far the best player for Salzburg who then went to Southampton and was their best player? Or Lucas who was considered one of the best Brasilian talents of his age? I wanted both of them. But this guy? I guess only 1% of people who post on here have ever seen him or even heard about him. Me neither. But you can’t compare him to the likes of Mane or Lucas at all. A guy that’s 20 and playing for some second fiddle team.
Its better than spending money on the likes of Fred...

The good thing about this transfer is that he does not cost much, if he does not work out we could loan him to a club for a year and hope this helps, or sell him for roughly the same as we bought him for.
Even if he only becomes a squadplayer he would be a decent buy.
This is ofcourse assumed that we do not give him stupid wages, something that we have had a tendency to do.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
We're paying Sanchez 500 grand a week and people are moaning.

This fella will have desire and a will to do Well and improve as he gets older.

30 weeks of Sanchez wages pays for this guy.

Godfather

Its better than spending money on the likes of Fred...

The good thing about this transfer is that he does not cost much, if he does not work out we could loan him to a club for a year and hope this helps, or sell him for roughly the same as we bought him for.
Even if he only becomes a squadplayer he would be a decent buy.
This is ofcourse assumed that we do not give him stupid wages, something that we have had a tendency to do.
Well I'm not against the idea of signing him at all. Guy is rapid as feck and I like these kind of players. We will see if he is a good enough footballer though. Pace alone won't be enough. But people start praising this signing already like it was some kind of saviour when in reality nothing this club has done in the last 6 years tells me they got it right this time.

Godfather

Man’s fast. At least as fast as Mbappe. Imagine subbing him on in the second half against a tired defense.
The kind of defense that sits deep in their own half and won't let our attackers an inch of space? Well let's hope he can control a football because his pace won't help agaisnt these teams.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Well behind this. Exactly the sort of signing we should be making, back to the young and hungry players making the step up, as opposed to 30 year old mercenaries winding down.

We’re probably going to sell a couple of our attackers, and we already needed a couple. A young player in a position we need, for a good fee. No brainer.

Also, that sort of pace and directness seen above is exactly what we lack.

Inigo Montoya

The kind of defense that sits deep in their own half and won't let our attackers an inch of space? Well let's hope he can control a football because his pace won't help agaisnt these teams.
That’s what the reporter alluded to though, you’re not getting the finished article and he’s still require development.

However to break teams of that ilk down you’re going to need more than one player. You speak as though Utd are putting all their faith in him!

Godfather

That’s what the reporter alluded to though, you’re not getting the finished article and he’s still require development.

However to break teams of that ilk down you’re going to need more than one player. You speak as though Utd are putting all their faith in him!
Not the club, no (well I bloody hope so). But some posters on here get a bit ahead of themselves. I for one like pacey players but we have enough of those to be brutally honest. Rashford is rapid and as is Lukaku. I'd rather have an attacker that is able to control a football for once.

Fosu-Mens

Well I'm not against the idea of signing him at all. Guy is rapid as feck and I like these kind of players. We will see if he is a good enough footballer though. Pace alone won't be enough. But people start praising this signing already like it was some kind of saviour when in reality nothing this club has done in the last 6 years tells me they got it right this time.
Personally i think OGS wants us to play similar to how Klopps Liverpool played during his first full season.
He seems to have the pace and stamina for this. So he will in theory suit how we want to play. The rest is as you say dependent on whether he can adapt to the league and improve under us(which is a bigbig issue and has been for some years).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I imagine any club who signs him, be it United, City or Liverpool would have taken into consideration whether he can control a football in addition to simply running very fast.

I think you can go to sleep to night assured that you are not the first person to have thought of that, worry not.

Loublaze

ATLien
I'm not sure if it's refreshing that the kid is almost so unknown that there's barely a Youtube video that isn't just that one goal or if it's a sign that he's literally just pace and doesn't do much else.

Do we have any Swansea fans on the Caf who can give a proper assessment?
Just a few posts from a Swansea forum:

Person who told me last week that he’s talking to United also said he is coming back on loan.

He's got the tools to be a massive player in the premier league, can't defend pace and the intelligence of his runs in behind he can expose even the best wing backs in my opinion. Nice earner for the club aswell so good start by Birch.

His pace is ridiculous.

He is not good enough to play in the Premiership yet his final ball and distribution needs working on big time. His agent will tell him otherwise though and he will end up sitting on the bench. For the money we paid for him id keep him till his contract ends which will benefit us and him but if someone is dull enough to pay 10 million plus then he can go.

21 years of age with pace to burn, bigger prospect than Sterling of Citeh, what a future he has, enjoy him while he is with us

Dan James was one of those that were described as league 2 standard players not so long ago, the his inclusion was a stark statue of how far we have fallen and the exact sort of player that people would be criticising HJ for giving a new contract to prior to him breaking into the first team this year.

Now he’s worth tens of millions and claims he is a better buy than Raheem Sterling and a travesty he isn’t on a longer contract.

Tbf, a few weeks ago most people on here were saying, ' He can run a bit, but can't pass and has no end product.'

Contract talks stall, followed by a paper publishing a laughable story about the best team in the world wanting to sign a second tier player who hasn't even scored 3 league goals this season. What a coincidence (based on a story linking him to a 7M move to City)

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/237523/page:1

Most posts about his actual game make him appear to be nothing more than a knock the ball forward and run pace merchant to be fair

Godfather

I imagine any club who signs him, be it United, City or Liverpool would have taken into consideration whether he can control a football in addition to simply running very fast.

I think you can go to sleep to night assured that you are not the first person to have thought of that, worry not.
Well we signed Lukaku for almost a record fee and he falls over every second time he tries to control a football. So stop trying to be clever kid.

Loublaze

ATLien
I don't know why Sky are still jumping the gun over transfers when they just had to delete their article about City closing in on Fernandes. This is as good as coming out of Metro tbf

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Person who told me last week that he’s talking to United also said he is coming back on loan.

He's got the tools to be a massive player in the premier league, can't defend pace and the intelligence of his runs in behind he can expose even the best wing backs in my opinion. Nice earner for the club aswell so good start by Birch.

His pace is ridiculous.

He is not good enough to play in the Premiership yet his final ball and distribution needs working on big time. His agent will tell him otherwise though and he will end up sitting on the bench. For the money we paid for him id keep him till his contract ends which will benefit us and him but if someone is dull enough to pay 10 million plus then he can go.

21 years of age with pace to burn, bigger prospect than Sterling of Citeh, what a future he has, enjoy him while he is with us

Dan James was one of those that were described as league 2 standard players not so long ago, the his inclusion was a stark statue of how far we have fallen and the exact sort of player that people would be criticising HJ for giving a new contract to prior to him breaking into the first team this year.

Now he’s worth tens of millions and claims he is a better buy than Raheem Sterling and a travesty he isn’t on a longer contract.

Tbf, a few weeks ago most people on here were saying, ' He can run a bit, but can't pass and has no end product.'

Contract talks stall, followed by a paper publishing a laughable story about the best team in the world wanting to sign a second tier player who hasn't even scored 3 league goals this season. What a coincidence (based on a story linking him to a 7M move to City)

Most posts about his actual game make him appear to be nothing more than a knock the ball forward and run pace merchant to be fair
That is a bit concerning to be fair.

el3mel

Know nothing of him. He'll either end up as an unexpected massive success or a total flop that no one will hear of later on.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
How often will he get chances to use his pace like that? Once every 4 or 5 games?

The vast majority of our games will be against packed defences looking to hit on the counter, hopefully. He won't have room to be belting the ball past fullbacks and sprinting on to it.

Martial, the cnut, has the tools for what we need right now but he isn't arsed enough to improve.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
'That' charlatan can open defences like a knife through butter.
He’s got speed, yes, but I have never been keen on the other aspects of his game. Technically, I think he is very poor. Granted, I have not watched him with any frequency since he left us a few years back, but he was so labored & a bit clunky in his moves, never really displaying any fluidity & was predictable.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Ole said recently that he expects 2-3 in during the transfer summer. Hopefully that doesn’t include this lad.

wolvored

How often will he get chances to use his pace like that? Once every 4 or 5 games?

The vast majority of our games will be against packed defences looking to hit on the counter, hopefully. He won't have room to be belting the ball past fullbacks and sprinting on to it.

Martial, the cnut, has the tools for what we need right now but he isn't arsed enough to improve.
most teams attack us nowadays or havent you been watching? The days of being frightened of Utd are long gone

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Probably the best video out there at the moment demonstrating how devastating his pace is. He has Mbappe & prime Bale acceleration and speed

What language is this, Welsh? I have never heard Welsh spoken continuously for a couple of minutes before so my interaction with it is extremely limited.

soapythecat

If we wanted pace with no skill or end product, we could have signed Usain Bolt on a free. If Swansea fans don’t see much in him, other than pace, then I fear for his United career.

Smores

That Dele Alli claim is utterly false:lol:
That Ali was well known? He certainly was on here.

When we were first linked with this James lad i did a search on here to see some insight and they'd been like two posts about him. Of course now everyone claims to have rated him

Inigo Montoya

That is a bit concerning to be fair.
Liverpool fans were saying the same about Sterling. I know that he was already scoring in the PL but it shows how fickle fans are. As soon as he leaves, he’s crap ....

Toad

Rapid as feck . We all know that’s all you need in football as well. Look at Bolt, he is smashing it :rolleyes: on a serious note I have never seen this guy play so I have zero opinion. All I know is he is going to be world class in a couple of years... the next *insert name here*

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

His pace is ridiculous.

That doesn't sound very good

mu4c_20le

He looks like a young aaron lennon, the one that tore us apart. May not necessarily become a world beater or a Salah with double figure goals every year but with the right guidance and attitude, can still be very useful for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.