Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's that bad he's on par with Cleverley should take up a coaching role or be moved on.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I wonder what kind of intensity our work on the training ground is done at, since LvG hasn't seen that the guy's miles off the pace (just as he was the last time he played in the league).

He's such a liability it's not even funny. Couple that with Cleverley's horrid and cowardly performance and we're getting outgunned by Sunderland.

United22

Just fecking ship him off, I'm sick to death of seeing him now and its getting annoying. He makes Fellainis look like Xavi when it comes to controlling the ball. Honestly Darren, just do the club a favour and announce your retirement

LR7

So many underhit passes. I'ts a shame to see him like this.

Deleted member 78215

He needs 40 yards of space to bring the ball under control.
:lol:

I understand him losing his athleticism, but why is his touch so poor? A decent touch is one of those basics you'd expect every professional footballer to have. Fletcher, today, is almost booting it forward when he receives it.

Oneunited26

I always thought Carrick was a bit more defensive, also better in it and Fletcher compensated the lack of pure abilities with a lot of running. He's not as offensive as Cleverley for example or a typical modern CM, but he's also no real defensive-midfielder IMO, we only have one defensive midfielder and that's Carrick, all the other one's - Cleverley, Fletcher, Anderson, Fellaini, Herrera are all better in advanced positions. 4 of those players have contracts running out in 2015.

He was definitely at fault for at least one goal, yeah.
2015 cannot come any quicker, Carrick obvious is a keeper, but fletcher Anderson and Cleverley, with those 3 gone that is wages off the books.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
He's that bad he's on par with Cleverley should take up a coaching role or be moved on.
Coached to play football by Darren Fletcher? What an exciting prospect for a professional footballer.

And Tom Cleverley is 2 levels above him and that's saying something, at least Cleverley can play short passes and can control a ball.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I would say his energy was one of his main attributes during his best time for us. He always had average technique and passing skills.

Take that energy away and you have Fletcher 2014. Not his fault really...

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Just dreadful. Please can we bring in a midfielder before the end of the window. We will finish bottom half if Fletcher and Cleverley start our games.

justboy68

He's just so clearly not up to it any more unfortunately. I was watching that half through my fingers for the most part when the ball was in midfield, both when Sunderland were walking through ours at will and when Fletch or Cleverley were on the ball themselves.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Coached to play football by Darren Fletcher? What an exciting prospect for a professional footballer.

And Tom Cleverley is 2 levels above him and that's saying something, at least Cleverley can play short passes and can control a ball.
Fletcher has an excuse Cleverley is mid twenties and completely shite. Not even funny anymore that he gets to pull on the shirt. I'd honestly rather have Scholes Giggs or even Anderson than TC23!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The fear in his game...if I could've had a £50 for every time he mis-controlled the ball! Shocking that the pressure has done this to him. Fletch used to be one of our leaders. We did well hrs season after selling Ronnie, in large part, cos he stepped up. He's so far from his 2009-10 self it's unreal.

DeMono

We literally have one of the best attacks in the world, but have a championship midfield. :eek: How is that possible?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I'm done with a sentiment. Being overplayed against Sunderland like a kid, falling on the ground from every challenge, constantly losing the ball, can't even pass properly... 1st half shows he would have physical problems even on Championship division level.

You can't make this shit up. If your midfield can't compete with Sunderland you can as well give chances to Powell and Pearson.

This chronic disease he had is taking it's toll in a saddest way.

Godfather

I know, hard time and all that with his sickness but this is G.Neville type of bad the season before he retired.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Thought he played well in preseason but this is shambolic.

Oneunited26

That's about £150k a week off our books plus some transfer fees, enough to replace with 2 upgraded CMs
Buy out their contracts why not, but it seems we are so short on numbers, we have too make due with this lot. They give Valencia a new contract , so I would not be surprised of fletcher and Cleverley get new contracts

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Awful, awful performance. Such a shame to see.

Manchie

I don't expect anything from him ,Cleverly, Young and Smalling except average performance here and there.

Bole Top

he loves the club and that's the most important for central midfielder.

Godfather

Not good enough for PL football. Give him some role at United where he can talk some nonsense and write a book or sth.

Status
Not open for further replies.