Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal Palace 1:3 Man Utd

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Had a couple of dodgy passes that luckily didn't turn into anything big. He needs to sign contract asap, I'm getting a bit worried now.

Sylar

Reckon we need to make him our top highest paid player (and at the same time take it away from Sanchez)

MuranoLover

Fed up with this - he has made a lot for us , but we made him the keeper he is today , so if he does think only about money , sell him . I am pretty sure we all remember the Barca Valdes in their most successful periods or Real winning 3 CLs in a row not with the best talent at the door - so no need to spend many millions on him when we need other players also .

Man Utd 3:2 Southampton

Bobski

Can't be conceding that first goal. Great strike of course, but 2 hands, good height, his near post. Any other keeper would be getting heavy criticism for that.

sport2793

Thought it was one of his poorest games since his first season today. The money talk seems to be getting to him...

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Both were worldies ffs, Valery was hit with great power and Ward-Prowse had too much curve on it.

He's set some unreal standards if folks are expecting him to save those. Yes, we are on a good run and look a good team but let's not forget/downplay his quality. We are gonna need him to win games for us still, you just need to look a month ago when he played a blinder away to Spurs.

Giggsyking

He is nowhere near 400 K a week. He is the highest paid goalkeeper in the world already.

Giggsyking

Both were worldies ffs, Valery was hit with great power and Ward-Prowse had too much curve on it.

He's set some unreal standards if folks are expecting him to save those. Yes, we are on a good run and look a good team but let's not forget/downplay his quality. We are gonna need him to win games for us still, you just need to look a month ago when he played a blinder away to Spurs.
If he wants 400 K he should save those balls. And yes, we needed him in one match from 15.

Verminator

Nobody is questioning his quality.
There is a difference between that and performance. That wasn't a good performance. Next time he'll be winning us the points.

Devil may care

Don't think he could do anything about Ward-Prowse's freekick but he should have saved Valery's strike, no matter how well hit it was.

ash_86

Very very poor from from DDG. I expect his to save the first goal

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not often you see him beaten all ends up by two long rangers!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Still surprised DeGea let in that Valery strike. Most keepers would but DeGea isn't most keepers. Usually saves his off days for internationals. :lol: Guess we were due one! :p

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
First goal was a great hit. I wouldn't expect many other keepers to even get a touch on it. Most would probably be rooted to the ground as it rifled in. But De Gea is held to a different standard I guess. It wasn't a howler by any stretcher, but since he actually made contact with it, you'd expect him to keep it out. Was a screamer though.

2nd goal, no chance. The wall makes him see it late, and the hit and the swerve are excellent. Top quality goal to be fair.

Paul_Scholes18

Overrated right now from most people and it might get to his head. I think he should do better on both these goals.

Revan

Assumptionman
The fact that people expected him to defend those two goals, tell how good he is. He should have saved the first goal (maybe a few keepers would have done it) but shit happens. The second one was unstoppable.

mu4c_20le

Don't think he could do anything about Ward-Prowse's freekick but he should have saved Valery's strike, no matter how well hit it was.
I actually thought it was the other way around . Valerys strike was not only a rocket but swerving away from him. The free kick was well placed but he had alot of time to get to it.

Giggsyking

The fact that people expected him to defend those two goals, tell how good he is. He should have saved the first goal (maybe a few keepers would have done it) but shit happens. The second one was unstoppable.
The fact that he is the highest paid goalkeeper in the world he should without any second thought be defending these goals.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The fact that he is the highest paid goalkeeper in the world he should without any second thought be defending these goals.
He isn't highest paid GK in the world. Also that logic doesn't make any sense.

Revan

Assumptionman
He isn't the highest paid keeper in the world, and even if he was, he would still do the occasional mistake. Buffon is arguably the greatest keeper ever and his transfer fee was a record that stayed for 15 years and still did mistakes.

De Gea does very rarely costly mistake. We are all disappointed that he didn't save the first goal (who to be fair was an excellent strike), but these things happen. No point looking these things in isolation.

Water Melon

DDG at his best would have saved both of the goals today. A bad day at the office for him, thankfully happens very rarely.

Ban

So every mistake he makes will draw silly posts about his salary from now on?

Bojan11

People defending him for the first goal, wtf?

He wasn’t even happy with it. You could see minutes later when he was on camera he was doing a saving motion on how he should have pushed it away.

Kostov

Bad day in the office for David today. I can never hold a grudge against him since I know he will save our asses 9/10 cases.

Bojan11

People having a go at him for a rare mistake, wtf?
He made a mistake vs PSG too, which was only a few weeks ago. This season he’s probably made the most mistakes in a season since he has got here.

Was hesitant a few times to come out for crosses. He’s definitely not in top form at the moment.

Revan

Assumptionman
He made a mistake vs PSG too, which was only a few weeks ago. This season he’s probably made the most mistakes in a season since he has got here.

Was hesitant a few times to come out for crosses. He’s definitely not in top form at the moment.
Which one?

el3mel

Bad keeping for the first goal. It happens. One mistake out of many, many great games and saves.

Bojan11

Which one?
Their first goal for the corner. He should have come out.

He then proceeded to come out for a corner after the goal which was a long way off than the first PSG goal.

Revan

Assumptionman
Their first goal for the corner. He should have come out.

He then proceeded to come out for a corner after the goal which was a long way off than the first PSG goal.
I thought you were being serious and I missed something in the match. So, I guess we just leave it here.

Bojan11

I thought you were being serious and I missed something in the match. So, I guess we just leave it here.
What do you mean serious? His biggest weakness is commanding the box and coming out for crosses. You not seriously telling me Pete or VDS would have let that PSG corner travel so far in the box without coming for it especially with nobody around them. They would have caught it. He knew he made a mistake hence why he came rushing out for the corner following that a few minutes later, which he should have done originally for the first corner.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
His positioning wasn't bad for the first one but he did some snapping his fingers just before the stike. Looked like either he didn't expect the strike (rather not as it was obvious) or simply slightly underestimated Valery. Nothing like a blunder, more like 'could've saved it' perhaps, going by his standards. Thank God it didn't matter anyway:).

Rista

:lol: No keeper should be saving those "without any second thought". Even if he was the highest paid GK, which he isn't, his salary still wouldn't make him a superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.