Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
He was having a good game and recently has been looking like the DDG of old. It didn’t look too bad when he was walking off. Oh well, I have full faith in Romero.
Actually. I think if you look at Romero his diving and the way he saves shows a lack of technique and positioning. That’s probably why he’s never been a number 1 for any club. Great raw keeper, but play him 3-5 games in a row and you’ll see his flows compared to lesser keepers that have better technique and positioning.

Withnail

I honestly don't get why anyone rates Romero.

He's grand in cup games nobody cares about against poor quality opposition but he's not a patch on Dave.

Give him a run of games in the PL and he'll be flapping at crosses and making errors.

There's a reason why he was without a club when LVG did him a favour and is happy to play a handful of games a year.

I'd be very worried if De Gea was out for any length of time.

Martialfc

Injured just in time for the Liverpool Game. You can’t make it up. May as well give them the trophy now. The luck they have is insane. The CL draws, injuries you name it. Can’t wait for the media bandwagon. Think I’m gonna go live in a cave.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Injured just in time for the Liverpool Game. You can’t make it up. May as well give them the trophy now. The luck they have is insane. The CL draws, injuries you name it. Can’t wait for the media bandwagon. Think I’m gonna go live in a cave.
It was Liverpool's tenacious pressing that caused him to break down though. They make their own luck.

Castia

He's grand in cup games nobody cares about against poor quality opposition but he's not a patch on Dave.

Give him a run of games in the PL and he'll be flapping at crosses and making errors.

There's a reason why he was without a club when LVG did him a favour and is happy to play a handful of games a year.

What have you based that off? He’s been here for years now and has been great backup for De Gea, you seem to be having a go at him for no apparent reason?

Best backup keeper in the league by a mile, Dave’s out so he gets to play he’s literally doing exactly what we pay him to do.

‘He’s done well for us but really he’s wank’ seems to be your message. Weird

tenpoless

If you want to complain about GKs, it'd be to Lee Grant. Romero is a solid 2nd GK, every club needs a backup GK. But do They need a 3rd choice GK? when We have our own from academy? it's just stupid, He does nothing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Not saying hes as good as De Gea, but this is bullshit. Van Der Sar was at Fulham before we brought him to United. Goalkeepers go through rough patches of form and quality goalkeepers just get missed. Nothing new.

mu4c_20le

What have you based that off? He’s been here for years now and has been great backup for De Gea, you seem to be having a go at him for no apparent reason?
Seems like he's upset that we aren't worried enough.

bdspeedy

No idea what you lot are bitching about. Pressure? How many keepers have played in a World Cup Final? The one position where our backup would walk into 99 percent of the teams in the world.

ScouseDipper

Supports
Liverpool

Best backup keeper in the league by a mile, Dave’s out so he gets to play he’s literally doing exactly what we pay him to do.

‘He’s done well for us but really he’s wank’ seems to be your message. Weird
It's not like it will make a difference... Liverpool are still gonna score. What's all the fuss about? Even the current City squad or Barca or Madrid ffs will have a hard time beating this Liverpool team. the pressure is with liverpool because they are overwhelming favorites.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

He'll be out for a few weeks if its a HamString.

Maybe 6.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
CL draws? Lost me there

Nooski

Watched the Sweden-Spain game last night and my guess is it isn't too bad. Kepa was warming up during HT so my take is that DDG felt something just before HT and then decided to come off when the problem was still there.

I think/hope he's ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Must be something wrong with our training or medical staff the amount of injuries we get. Can no longer be put down to bad luck.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If you want to complain about GKs, it'd be to Lee Grant. Romero is a solid 2nd GK, every club needs a backup GK. But do They need a 3rd choice GK? when We have our own from academy? it's just stupid, He does nothing.
He's an insurance policy at most. Better to have one than not, just incase. He's likely the lowest earner we have. He's also a solid keeper himself.

Rather someone at the end of their career than wasting away the career of a young player who could be out on loan.

BootsyCollins

Well, i kind off agree that it was strange, but i think the reason behind it was to allow Henderson and Joel to go on loan.
Better to have Lee Grant sitting doing nothing that Joel or Henderson imo.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
You all cry after DDG's injury like he can do anything against Pool..

But the sides are so different in terms of level that even if we bring in a fit Rio and Vidic in this weak side, we would still lose on Sunday.

meamth

The heck?

Clearly never played Football Manager.

You keep a youngster as fecking 3rd choice, what do you think he will learn?

meamth

Oh yeah because in reality, loaning a young, 3rd choice keeper has ever been successful for us (and most clubs).
Because that's the best way to develop a youngster. Unless you want to play Fotjicek, Kovar when Romero magically injured tomorrow.

VVD vs Fotjicek at corner, well. You don't want to see that don't you?

tenpoless

Because that's the best way to develop a youngster. Unless you want to play Fotjicek, Kovar when Romero magically injured tomorrow.

VVD vs Fotjicek at corner, well. You don't want to see that don't you?
I have seen Lingard being our first team player so I don't think that can be worse.

My point was, it's very weird to complain about Romero. A 2nd keeper is a must. But a third choice keeper should be the least of our worry when We don't even need that much of GK rotation, the chance of De Gea and Romero being injured at the same time is very, very small and We aren't competing for trophies. I'd rather call academy players (that aren't on loan) personally. But that's just me. It's very weird to buy a new GK when Romero barely plays himself.

Withnail

Not saying hes as good as De Gea, but this is bullshit. Van Der Sar was at Fulham before we brought him to United. Goalkeepers go through rough patches of form and quality goalkeepers just get missed. Nothing new.
It's not like he was at a mid-level PL team. He was loaned from Sampdoria to Monaco, couldn't get a game and was let go when his contract was up. He's only ever had one full season in the top flight anywhere.

He has played 50-60 games over the past 7 or 8 years.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong but I don't trust him and I don't think he can be relied on for a run of games in the PL.

meamth

I have seen Lingard being our first team player so I don't think that can be worse.

My point was, it's very weird to complain about Romero. A 2nd keeper is a must. But a third choice keeper should be the least of our worry when We don't even need that much of GK rotation, the chance of De Gea and Romero being injured at the same time is very, very small and We aren't competing for trophies. I'd rather call academy players (that aren't on loan) personally. But that's just me. It's very weird to buy a new GK when Romero barely plays himself.
Shit could happen you know, that's why every squad of 23 players needs 3 GKs.

1999 squad we had Schmeichel, Van Der Gouw (signed for 500k), and Nick Culkin (signed for 100k).

It's normal to sign a 3rd keeper, instead of asking a youngster to train with the 1st team and gain no playing time.

A-man

Must be something wrong with our training or medical staff the amount of injuries we get. Can no longer be put down to bad luck.
No it can’t. So many players have been on injured over the last years and are already injured this early in the season.

Number4.

No it can’t. So many players have been on injured over the last years and are already injured this early in the season.
Definitely some naivety, OGS appears to have adopted an old school "i'll run them fit" approach, which has led to alot of niggles and strains. Furthermore, inexperience seems to have lead to some of them being rushed back, perfectly illustrated by Liverpool game last year. Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself

Ban

Liverpool is lucky but luck favors the brave. And Liverpool is brave, extremely brave.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Because a player who has not been injured for 3 years gets an injury whilst not playing for the club on international duty...
Not because of one instance no, although keepers tend to get less muscular injuries, but an accumulation of injuries. Compare it with other teams, Liverpool for example.

Stadjer

It will atleast be interesting to see what will happen if de Gea is out for a long period.

I remember quite a few posters wanted him to be sold because of the wage he demanded and the mistakes he made. They also claimed Romero would be more than good enough to be first option until Henderson is ready.

Lets see how Romero will do...

meamth

It will atleast be interesting to see what will happen if de Gea is out for a long period.

I remember quite a few posters wanted him to be sold because of the wage he demanded and the mistakes he made. They also claimed Romero would be more than good enough to be first option until Henderson is ready.

Lets see how Romero will do...
Knowing the state of the caf, Romero won't be blamed.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
When a lot of players have muscle injuries than it can be because of bad trainings or bad pre-season. So if that is the case, our coaching staff fecked it up

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Unless we use two goalkeepers, it won’t matter I have no patience for people who claim they "
When the won it last season they drew Porto for god sake. Then against Barca had the second leg at home. The group they had to start with was a joke. Just endless.
They had Napoli and PSG in their group?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Oh yeah because in reality, loaning a young, 3rd choice keeper has ever been successful for us (and most clubs).
City loaned out Angus Gunn, and got £15m for him based on one season of 1st team football. Good business that. Loans are equal part shop-window as they are development. Not every player you loan out is going to make it. Joel Pereira probably won't make it here, but he should bring in a reasonable fee based on his good loan spells.

The point is, the young keeper is going to want to have a career, playing football, here or elsewhere. A 36 year old goalkeeper has had a career. He's not wasting his development by training with us. A kid sitting behind two 1st team goalkeepers is a waste.

He also fills a spot for the homegrown quota, as Rob Green does at Chelsea and Richard Wright did at City. I think Wright was replaced with Scott Carson. Its common practice.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
When the won it last season they drew Porto for god sake. Then against Barca had the second leg at home. The group they had to start with was a joke. Just endless.
Knocked out Napoli in a group with PSG - that’s tricky, then knocked out Bayern and Barca. Does every round have to be against a world XI?

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool

criticalanalysis

Need to see the disallowed goal again but I thought he was poor for that. Could have easily claimed or cleared that.

Also it happened far too many times in the game where he was just absolutely rooted to his spot leading to all of his defenders needing to drop right on the 6 yard box defending, shuffling or clearing in awkward situations.

Ole or the coaches need to slap it out of him ffs.

Irwin99

Fair play to him for being ready for the match despite the injury concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.