Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshanks

Nobody is mentioning it but it looked as though he could've done more for the first goal to me. The cross looked within range for a keeper to stop and he just kinda...fell over?

I dunno, maybe I'm being harsh, but De Gea failing to deal with crosses is a recurring theme at this stage.
Without a shadow of a doubt, also think he could of swept the through ball aswell. Seemed quite happy for a player to have time and space on the edge of the six yard box and equally happy to allow the ball to go across his six yard box, its a recurring theme with de gea in nets.

Distribution rubbish as per usual, no command of his box and no attempt at sweeping.

Criminal display of goalkeeping for the worlds highest paid goalkeeper.

criticalanalysis

This is the type of performance that gets brushed under the rug. He'll then make a few good saves in another game where we win or something and the narrative will come out that he's been consistent all season (just like last season).

I don’t care what people think of me but I will always have Henderson over this guy.

The way he he is scared with the ball at his feet is not useful.
You're not alone.

Henderson may not be great or even very good but he's a side step I would gladly take.

Marcelinho87

Said it before and I will say it again - He is the reason our defence looks terrible.

Put Maguire etc in front of PS or VDS and I GUARANTEE they perform infinitely better.

Mmm-Qatarian

Yeah, having watched this again @SadlerMUFC I'm not actually sure I was being too harsh on him here.

It is made more difficult by the fact that it's going away from him but I reckon if De Gea is more proactive and dives on that with his hands he could stop that cross. Instead he decides to go with his feet for some godforsaken reason.

JB7

Utterly abysmal for both goals. Swap the goalkeepers today and we win the game despite such a poor performance. Sick to death of him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Yeah, having watched this again @SadlerMUFC I'm not actually sure I was being too harsh on him here.

It is made more difficult by the fact that it's going away from him but I reckon if De Gea is more proactive and dives on that with his hands he could stop that cross. Instead he decides to go with his feet for some godforsaken reason.
He needed to do one of two things. Either fully commit to going for it, or stay on his feet and make himself as big as possible to try to block any shot. To be fair I think he still would have been the under-dog to stop the goal either way, but he would have given himself a chance. What he did do just took himself completely out of the play.

NewYorkRed

Utterly abysmal for both goals. Swap the goalkeepers today and we win the game despite such a poor performance. Sick to death of him.
Knew you’d be in here. Yeah Dave wasn’t great today. But swap the keepers and we win? This is how I know you don’t know crap about football and/or don’t watch the games.

Phil Osophy

We should bring a new keeper before the end of the window. Any average keeper with a bit more expansive game would improve the way we defend as a unit. Just look at the GKs keeping him out of the spanish NT, hardly world beaters anyone of them. Sanchez (Brighton), Simon (Ath Bilbao), Raya (Brentford). If ETH isn't ruthless in key positions like GK or midfield he'll suffer the same fate as the previous managers.

caid

Its going to be a long season for this guy. Ten Hags system will expose him. Cant be avoided really, bring in a keeper next season.

The United

Remember one of the moments in the second half, when Martinez had a ball going over him into the middle of the six-yard box? I thought any goalkeeper would attempt to sweep it or come forward to make the angle narrower for any attacker. Instead, he had no motion and stayed on the line and Martinez had to turn around and clear it while one of their forwards almost got it. If that guy had gotten it, it would have been another easy goal for them.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Its going to be a long season for this guy. Ten Hags system will expose him. Cant be avoided really, bring in a keeper next season.
Some of us have been saying this for 2-3 seasons now. We never seem to get in front of a problem.

Mmm-Qatarian

Some of us have been saying this for 2-3 seasons now. We never seem to get in front of a problem.
Our solution to every problem we have always seems to be "sign another centre half".

Wondering just how many centre halfs we'll need to get through before we start trying to fix other areas of the team...

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Very poor for that goal. Any top keeper cuts out that cross.

Irwin99

Not good. Felt he could have done better on the second goal. Distribution not great either.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Said it before and I will say it again - He is the reason our defence looks terrible.

Put Maguire etc in front of PS or VDS and I GUARANTEE they perform infinitely better.
Agreed, been saying this for ages. Every summer we go out and spend 30m+ on a CB and then act surprised when the defense doesn't improve one bit. De Gea has been the constant all along. Hell, even Ferdinand and Vidic looked dodgy in front of him (although I realize both were getting up there in age at that point).

JB7

Sanchez had a patchy game himself today to be fair, although yes normally he's a much better keeper.
He did have a patchy game but you’ve got 2 balls into the box he dealt with easily whereas De Gea let’s the ball straight across him for the first goal and there was a carbon copy of the second goal where he pushed the ball to the defender rather than Dave pushing it straight to the attacker.
Knew you’d be in here. Yeah Dave wasn’t great today. But swap the keepers and we win? This is how I know you don’t know crap about football and/or don’t watch the games.
I literally posted that on the tram into town from the game you utter fecking spoon. He cost us both goals, no ifs or buts about it. Sanchez doesn’t concede either of them and frankly nor do most goalkeepers in the league. Stick to baseball pal.

Ace of Spades

I knew he would be a problem, he has none of the qualities needed to play in a possession based team, and he us going to be a huge issue for the season ahead if he does not adapt.

Idxomer

Not good enough and pretty close to being finished at the top level.

I would've paid £50m for a keeper before buying another overpriced defender.

NewYorkRed

He did have a patchy game but you’ve got 2 balls into the box he dealt with easily whereas De Gea let’s the ball straight across him for the first goal and there was a carbon copy of the second goal where he pushed the ball to the defender rather than Dave pushing it straight to the attacker.

I literally posted that on the tram into town from the game you utter fecking spoon. He cost us both goals, no ifs or buts about it. Sanchez doesn’t concede either of them and frankly nor do most goalkeepers in the league. Stick to baseball pal.
Americans OWN the team so maybe you can do one.

Sanchez had a shocking game, he is not better than DDG. Dave had a bad game, but stop with the nonsense hyperbole.

Longshanks

He needed to do one of two things. Either fully commit to going for it, or stay on his feet and make himself as big as possible to try to block any shot. To be fair I think he still would have been the under-dog to stop the goal either way, but he would have given himself a chance. What he did do just took himself completely out of the play.
No he shit out of going for it because he was worried about contact with the in coming Brighton player. Absoultey no doubt about it.

A GK that isn't a coward (every other one in the PL and beyond) stops that cross from coming in one way or another.

This is our biggest problem we concede far far too many chances because of de geas cowardice. No matter who plays infornt of him his cowardice will always be a massive defensive issue for us. Even more for a manager that wants us to play with a high line.

Oranges038

First goal should be throwing his cap on that cross. Second just another one he batts back into the danger area, he does it way too often.

Other than it was the usual hesitancy off his line and some decent passing. But, he really should have done better on both goals.

CloneMC16

De Gea conceded a bunch of goals like that last season. Might be harsh, but I don't think he did well with the second, either. Pretty typical day at the office for him. Needs replacing. We will never be good with him in goal. The club can keep replacing defenders. It won't make a difference. Hoping this is his last season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is the type of performance that gets brushed under the rug. He'll then make a few good saves in another game where we win or something and the narrative will come out that he's been consistent all season (just like last season).

You're not alone.

Henderson may not be great or even very good but he's a side step I would gladly take.
I always felt that getting an a more all rounded goalkeeper will set up the team in a way that it hasn’t looked for 10 years.

The way we played when Henderson was in goal was different than when we had De Gea. By no means perfect but we played with an element of defensive control that De Gea just does not bring.

He is nothing at crosses, set pieces, sweeping up, communicating with his defenders and so much more.

The moment we change our GK and get it right - I believe will be the start of our new era.

He is a bit of a poison - a players reflexes that is constantly used as a cheap drug to make us better when we shouldn’t. We should have a proactive goalkeeper.

Mmm-Qatarian

The other thing is that Sanchez's distribution was really quite good today. His balls over the top for Welbeck were a constant menace. De Gea was not even getting that right today.

spiriticon

This guy would rather let a goal in than put his body on the line. It's been this way since he was 18 years old.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I assume we're still in the market for a back up but really they should be a potential number 1.

JB7

Sanchez had a shocking game, he is not better than DDG. Dave had a bad game, but stop with the nonsense hyperbole.
Yeah and the owners are doing a great job & have been for 17 years so thank god for the USA right? :rolleyes:

Sanchez is comfortably better than De Gea. You conveniently ignored the reasons I stated he’d have done better on both goals. He’s one of a large number of goalkeepers in the league better than De Gea & if you can’t understand that then I pity you. All the best.

NewYorkRed

Yeah and the owners are doing a great job & have been for 17 years so thank god for the USA right? :rolleyes:

Sanchez is comfortably better than De Gea. You conveniently ignored the reasons I stated he’d have done better on both goals. He’s one of a large number of goalkeepers in the league better than De Gea & if you can’t understand that then I pity you. All the best.
I don’t like the glazers too and we booed them at the manutd bar here this morning, but if you’re gonna tell me to stick to baseball i’m gonna remind you that the club is under American ownership.

Keep pitying me. I saw the game and both the goalies looked bad, but Sanchez actually looked worse.

JB7

I don’t like the glazers too and we booed them at the manutd bar here this morning, but if you’re gonna tell me to stick to baseball i’m gonna remind you that the club is under American ownership.

Keep pitying me. I saw the game and both the goalies looked bad, but Sanchez actually looked worse.
I’m not disputing that today was not one of Sanchez’s better games but the long & short of it is that he didn’t cost his team two goals so he definitely was not the worst goalkeeper on the pitch.

redcucumber

So?!

Sanchez had a much better game than De Gea. I was at Old Trafford but it should have been obvious enough to anyone watching on the tele. He's also a much, much better keeper in general as well. Poor shout from the New Yorker.

NewYorkRed

So?!

Sanchez had a much better game than De Gea. I was at Old Trafford but it should have been obvious enough to anyone watching on the tele. He's also a much, much better keeper in general as well. Poor shout from the New Yorker.
The only reason I said that is because he made a lazy comment about me sticking to baseball.

As for DDG and Sanchez, I’ve already said what I had to say on that. Gonna agree to disagree.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
DeGea is not for this type of football. It was always obvious. Plus he looked so shaky, I was getting even more nervous.

Really hope we replace him at the end of the season. It's imperative. Would just like to see the defence with another goal keeper to see how they do. It seems no matter what defenders we get, nothing works. Surely he has to take some responsibility? I hope ETH sees this and the club not do anything stupid like renew his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.