David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

Paul_Scholes18

I underestimated him, he is actually not that shit.
He did well with Everton. He is not a winner of big trophies, but he seem to be a good manager for midtable club like Big Sam. The football might be simple and not fun to watch, but it gets enough results to avoid falling down.

He totally failed here and got a bit broken after it. Although might have found his level again. Can still be deluded and thinking he can do better than this, but might accept it a bit more.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Moyes is a decent human being and decent manager. I was not happy with his appointment as I thought he was out of his depth, but I never disliked him. I m glad that he is recovering his reputation.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Watching West Ham under him makes what happened at United even stranger. They have Andy fecking Carroll to aim for up front but they’re still not using the “death by a thousand crosses” tactic we saw at United. It’s like he had some sort of minor breakdown, forgot everything he knew about tactics, then read an article about Manchester United wing-play and made it all up from there.

stevoc

Moyes have turned things around. Got the win over Chelsea that gave them momentum. They got some quality in that squad, but he has set it up better than Bilic. Someone like Caroll is very suited to Moyes type of football so that they get along well you would think. A lot are still left from Big Sam. Don't trust them to do great things, but to manage clubs in the middle of the league Moyes does quite well. It is his level and it suits him.
Has he?

Don't they only have like 3 wins in 11-12 games?

So I think they will stay in the middle now and probably stay up.
They are 16th and a point off the relegation zone. They have a game in hand granted but they're hardly in mid-table safety

Robbie Boy

No joke but if Mourinho goes, we should give this guy another chance. I feel he's learned from his mistakes and deserves a shot at the big time. The thoughts of a rendition of 'c'mon feel the Moyes' echoing around OT during cross number 75 on a cold Wednesday night against Stoke gets me all tingly.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
No joke but if Mourinho goes, we should give this guy another chance. I feel he's learned from his mistakes and deserves a shot at the big time. The thoughts of a rendition of 'c'mon feel the Moyes' echoing around OT during cross number 75 on a cold Wednesday night against Stoke gets me all tingly.
I know you're joking but in a fairytale world, what a story it would be!

Fitchett

Guinness brewed in Dublin is much better than the Guinness served up in England.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Fair fecks to Moyes. I don’t like him, in fact I think he’s a cnut, but he’s doing a far better job there than most people expected

el3mel

Seems we were wrong. The genius should have completed his 6 year plan. We would have been in WHU place at the moment...

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Moyes is fckn football genius.

Possible United manager after Mourinho?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I have to admit he's doing quite well.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
I can never forget the "I wanted more britishness in midfield" statement

He's only good for route one football and playing defensive it's why he'll never make it to the top

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
Moyes is a decent human being and decent manager. I was not happy with his appointment as I thought he was out of his depth, but I never disliked him. I m glad that he is recovering his reputation.
I've met Moyes when he'd barely started at Preston and was unknown elsewhere, and he's a decent caring man for sure. Agree with the rest as well.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Watching West Ham under him makes what happened at United even stranger. They have Andy fecking Carroll to aim for up front but they’re still not using the “death by a thousand crosses” tactic we saw at United. It’s like he had some sort of minor breakdown, forgot everything he knew about tactics, then read an article about Manchester United wing-play and made it all up from there.
:lol: well put

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Seems we were wrong. The genius should have completed his 6 year plan. We would have been in WHU place at the moment...
He'd have won us the league by now. Four and a half years of Moyes.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Andy Carroll barely plays though, you only get him in small bursts. Last match they won because of 2 crosses to Carroll but he was absolutely knackered after that match and was therefor never going to start against Spurs.

Drawfull

He's doing alright, but the problem that comes with it is that the more stability he brings to West Ham, no doubt the more he'll mouth off about us not giving him 'time' to the press in the future.

But 8 points from the last 15 (considering that includes Christmas) is pretty good really.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's very similar to his start at Sociedad, one shock win over a top team at home after good defensive performance, and a few good results here and there that a team like West Ham would be expected to get anyway.

I still expect it to go south.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's very similar to his start at Sociedad, one shock win over a top team at home after good defensive performance, and a few good results here and there that a team like West Ham would be expected to get anyway.

I still expect it to go south.
He’s already in London!

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think he could do well there. At least until he wrecks the team with his transfers. West Ham are unlike sunderland, who were too shit to get points with his negative football. Not as good as united were his negative approach had a debilitating effect on a squad used to dominating games. Similar situation to everton - just enough quality across the pitch to kill games at the back often enough and nick just enough goals up front to get the points you need for an upper midtable finish. The pressure will be lower too in midtable, so he won't be showcasing his inner loser as much either.

It will end in tears anyway though, since west ham fans expect samba football for some reason.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think he could do well there. At least until he wrecks the team with his transfers. West Ham are unlike sunderland, who were too shit to get points with his negative football. Not as good as united were his negative approach had a debilitating effect on a squad used to dominating games. Similar situation to everton - just enough quality across the pitch to kill games at the back often enough and nick just enough goals up front to get the points you need for an upper midtable finish. The pressure will be lower too in midtable, so he won't be showcasing his inner loser as much either.

It will end in tears anyway though, since west ham fans expect samba football for some reason.
That's a fair assessment. Ultimately the expectations at West Ham, like at Sociedad, will not be to just remain in the league but climb into the upper half of it or close and Moyes will once again fail to understand why he got fired for finishing higher than they were when he took over (happened in Spain).

West Ham should probably be top 12.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
He has every right to feel sore about what happened at MU. Shafted 9 months into a 6 year contract and humiliated by how it was done. He is a decent manager and he looks to have found his level at WHU. His work at Everton was a long project and he did a fine job showing a good eye for a player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He has every right to feel sore about what happened at MU. Shafted 9 months into a 6 year contract and humiliated by how it was done. He is a decent manager and he looks to have found his level at WHU. His work at Everton was a long project and he did a fine job showing a good eye for a player.
Sore about what happened at ManUtd? He should count himself lucky that club gave him chance till it was mathematically impossible to finish in top 4.