David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Eh? The quote literally says he wants west ham playing like spurs and Chelsea. How is that possibly not tactics?

He brought in his own backroom team and said we should aspire to be like city, told Rio Ferdinand to watch how Phil fecking jagielka does it. You're telling me that's not a man who tries to imitate? I don't think that's ignorant at all, I think it's a fair enough assumption.
Playing = their stature.

Sorry but you're being ignorant if you think he imitates. One of his biggest criticism was that he brought his own backroom staff and implemented his Everton ways at United. Whatever you say about Moyes, you can't say he imitates tactics. He is an independent thinker

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Playing = their stature.

Sorry but you're being ignorant if you think he imitates. One of his biggest criticism was that he brought his own backroom staff and implemented his Everton ways at United. Whatever you say about Moyes, you can't say he imitates tactics. He is an independent thinker

No, that's operating as a club. Here, he wants them to play like other teams. You've called me ignorant twice yet you're trying to ignore this fact and the fact he has previous. Something tells me you could start an argument in an empty room with a mirror, because there's no debate here.

shamans

No, that's operating as a club. Here, he wants them to play like other teams. You've called me ignorant twice yet you're trying to ignore this fact and the fact he has previous. Something tells me you could start an argument in an empty room with a mirror, because there's no debate here.

Didn't you just mention a totally fabricated story of him asking Ferdinand to learn from Jagielka? Now tell me how that is not ignorance. I am only saying you are ignorant to the fact that Moyes is not an imitator of other's tactics. You can call him many things but that is one thing he is not.

He has his own brand of organized football. You can call it shite you can call it good but you can't say he tries to copy other managers.

I say it all the time "oh we need to play like City" doesn't mean I want their tactics/team.

sugar_kane

I grew to despise this man after he left United but for some reason I'm actually quite happy for him to see him doing alright with West Ham, and I fecking hate that team! Weird.

Maybe it's because it became a bit much just seeing the guy embarrassed on a national scale week after week at Sunderland, or maybe it's just cos he's shut up talking about United.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Didn't you just mention a totally fabricated story of him asking Ferdinand to learn from Jagielka? Now tell me how that is not ignorance. I am only saying you are ignorant to the fact that Moyes is not an imitator of other's tactics. You can call him many things but that is one thing he is not.

He has his own brand of organized football. You can call it shite you can call it good but you can't say he tries to copy other managers.

I say it all the time "oh we need to play like City" doesn't mean I want their tactics/team.
You're being stubborn on purpose. "Oh we need to play like city" literally means adopting their tactics. There's no two ways about it, and you know that but youd rather argue.

jem

The fact he has unified that West Ham dressing-room and has them playing for one another is remarkable in itself. He's doing a very commendable job there, but you won't hear that from many of the agenda-ists here.
I'm still horrified by what he did to United, but he deserves credit for what he's doing at West Ham. Strangely, I even feel kind of happy for him.

Minimalist

Yeah his results have been surprising to me and he deserves credit for the turnaround. Especially given West Ham (for me) are one of the worst teams in the league and were playing like a pub team in the matches I seen earlier in the season.

Still a complete cnut though.

C'est Moi Cantona

The fact we're amazed that he's strung a few results together sums him up really.

Complete failure is expected, so anything over that is a major achievement.

J_Red 11

Unbelievable result. I didn't watch the game so can anyone tell me how did Moyes's West Ham without Fonte & Reid in away game was able to beat Huddersfield 4-1? Before lost to West Ham, Huddersfield has only lost 3 home games in the league this season and three of them came from against Chelsea, Spurs & City.

shamans

Unbelievable result. I didn't watch the game so can anyone tell me how did Moyes's West Ham without Fonte & Reid in away game was able to beat Huddersfield 4-1? Before lost to West Ham, Huddersfield has only lost 3 home games in the league this season and three of them came from against Chelsea, Spurs & City.
Pretty believable if you always knew how good Moyes was! The whole United thing has made people forget how good of a manager he is for top 8/top 10 premier league clubs. He couldn't make that jump to world class management but for clubs like West Ham, Everton (and to be honest I thought he would have at Sunderland as well) he is a really good manager. His strengths are organizing weaker teams and making their foundations stronger. I think he is a much better manager than someone like Alen Pardew

J_Red 11

Pretty believable if you always knew how good Moyes was! The whole United thing has made people forget how good of a manager he is for top 8/top 10 premier league clubs. He couldn't make that jump to world class management but for clubs like West Ham, Everton (and to be honest I thought he would have at Sunderland as well) he is a really good manager. His strengths are organizing weaker teams and making their foundations stronger. I think he is a much better manager than someone like Alen Pardew
I think we are talking about different things here, I was talking about one game but you are talking about a man management skills that requires long period of time. Turn weak into strong foundation isn't built within less than 2 months.

You made it sounds people are forgetting what Moyes did with Everton in the past. I actually never say Moyes isn't good enough manager for club like WHU or Everton, just saying it's unbelievable to win away games 4-1 with 34 years old Collins, Ogbonna & an unknown teenager as your centre back. It's like saying unbelievable how LVG was able to beat Arsenal in 2015/2016 with our reserve players or kids.

Reactions: Penna

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah because luckily for Manchester United Football Club not all the fans were/are spoilt little rich kids.

You astound far too easily.
If people can't see the disastrous affect he had, then there is no hope for them.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I thought he was damaged goods after last season's horror show but he's done well so far.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
From his book:

It's so obviously bollocks you'd have to be a bit thick to believe it.
Bollocks or not, within the space of a few months, he completely destroyed the confidence of one of the best centre back pairs ever to grace English football and they never regained their form subsequently.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Playing = their stature.

David? Grab a stool and sit yourself down in a sunny corner...

Needham

Another failure would have been to untrue to the myth -that this is a man destined to be in the top 1% of the just below average. I'm glad Moyes is succeeding.
But as was once said in another context: marradroga siempre sera marradroga

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Sorry... Hope you are alright?
Inhaling breadcrumbs and contemplating DM’s flawless translation and humongous whanger apart, I’m getting over my flu and enjoying my Sunday - thanks for asking. :)

stevoc

Playing = their stature.

Yep he definitely is, granted not too many of his own ideas are great ones but he does his own thing. Even to the point were he ignores the advice of one of the greatest managers of all time when Ferguson told him to keep the United coaching staff in place.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I thought he was damaged goods after last season's horror show but he's done well so far.
That Sunderland squad was one of the worst I've ever seen in the PL. I watched them quite a bit to see how Januzaj was doing. He's another that got a bit dragged through the mud by such a shocking team.

Sunderland are rock bottom in the championship right now and still have a good few of the players that played last season.

stevoc

That Sunderland squad was one of the worst I've ever seen in the PL. I watched them quite a bit to see how Januzaj was doing. He's another that got a bit dragged through the mud by such a shocking team.

Sunderland are rock bottom in the championship right now and still have a good few of the players that played last season.
It wasn't the best squad ever but other managers kept them in the PL minus the expensive additions added to that squad by Moyes. The fact they are rock bottom of the championship is in part because of the damage done last season, their relegation and having to sell/loan the majority of their best players this season.

arthurka

Inhaling breadcrumbs and contemplating DM’s flawless translation and humongous whanger apart, I’m getting over my flu and enjoying my Sunday - thanks for asking. :)
Stay strong the fecking flu this year is a really nasty one.. But DM and his knowledge and use of foreign languages is normally something to help cheer us up.. Get better and have a nice Sunday.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It wasn't the best squad ever but other managers kept them in the PL minus the expensive additions added to that squad by Moyes. The fact they are rock bottom of the championship is in part because of the damage done last season, their relegation and having to sell/loan the majority of their best players this season.
Expensive additions to Sunderland? Who?

Also apart from Pickford who of note has left their squad?

shamans

Yep he definitely is, granted not too many of his own ideas are great ones but he does his own thing. Even to the point were he ignores the advice of one of the greatest managers of all time when Ferguson told him to keep the United coaching staff in place.
Agreed, maybe that turned out to be a bad decision in hindsight though to be honest if I was Moyes, I would have got in my own staff as well. Hindsight is 20/20 though. I just don't think it's fair to say he imitates other clubs.

I think we are talking about different things here, I was talking about one game but you are talking about a man management skills that requires long period of time. Turn weak into strong foundation isn't built within less than 2 months.

You made it sounds people are forgetting what Moyes did with Everton in the past. I actually never say Moyes isn't good enough manager for club like WHU or Everton, just saying it's unbelievable to win away games 4-1 with 34 years old Collins, Ogbonna & an unknown teenager as your centre back. It's like saying unbelievable how LVG was able to beat Arsenal in 2015/2016 with our reserve players or kids.
Well to be very honest, I didn't see the game but I think the way he is using Arnoutovic along with uniting the players is what is helping him in the short term.

Which expensive additions? I don't think anyone could have saved that Sunderland side. Maybe someone like SAF or Mourinho but no other regular manager would have saved that side. They were garbage

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If after 20 glorious trophy filled season somebody can't cope with one, yeah one shite season it's them there's no hope for.
Riiight, because it would have just been that one season if Moyes had stayed wouldn't it, we'd be smothered in trophies under him by now wouldn't we.

stevoc

Which expensive additions?
Expensive additions to Sunderland? Who?
I think this points to just how good Moyes and his media buddies are at spinning a favourable narrative for him.

Moyes made Sunderlands most expensive ever signing Ndong and also spent £37m in the summer of 2016, thats more than any other Sunderland manager spent in one window in their history. He wasted most of that on rubbish but that's on Moyes himself.

Also apart from Pickford who of note has left their squad?
Defoe, Khazri, Borini, Denayer, Djilobodji, Larsson i'm sure there are others too. Not the greatest of players but i'm sure they would have been useful in the Championship.

I don't think anyone could have saved that Sunderland side. Maybe someone like SAF or Mourinho but no other regular manager would have saved that side. They were garbage
Yeah you and Moyes have similar thoughts on that, but i'm sure guys like Sam Allardyce would think differently. It wouldn't take the greatest manager in history to keep a Sunderland side in the Premier League when Big Sam managed it just the year before. They were garbage but Moyes has to take a large chunk of the responsibility for that.