David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He actually said that Sunderland was the wrong choice for him! The fecker!

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Absolutely pathetic appointment. What on earth are they thinking?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Apparently 4 other managers turned them down before they asked Moyesey.
Which makes my point, 4 guys made themselves unavailable, it's not so easy to actually land someone better than Moyes.

Cloud7

I wonder if there will ever come a day when Moyes will feck off for good. Just seeing that ugly face and lack of eyebrows brings back memories of his season and annoys me.

Ban

Which makes my point, 4 guys made themselves unavailable, it's not so easy to actually land someone better than Moyes.
Yeah I got you but my point still stands and because decent managers are rare. It's a good job. You can suck at it, get sacked, get nice amount of money and find a new job pretty quickly.

The Bloody-Nine

I'm quite certain if you were to scour the top four/five leagues in Europe you could do better than Moyes. You know, find someone who hasn't failed hugely in his last three jobs.

The three who rejected the club are reportedly Silva, Mancini and Pellegrini, before they settled.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah I got you but my point still stands and because decent managers are rare. It's a good job. You can suck at it, get sacked, get nice amount of money and find a new job pretty quickly.
But then that's relative, the likes of Pardew, Moyes or Martinez for example are good coaches and good managers, it's only when you compare them to the best that they are relatively shit. They are good at managing a little bakery somewhere in Birmingham but they are not competent enough to manage Unilever.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
But then that's relative, the likes of Pardew, Moyes or Martinez for example are good coaches and good managers, it's only when you compare them to the best that they are relatively shit. They are good at managing a little bakery somewhere in Birmingham but they are not competent enough to manage Unilever.
Some analogy you got there lol

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
I'm a fantastic economical advisor, it's only when you compare me to any other advisor that i'm relatively shit

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Can't wait to see Moyes and West Ham get relegated. It's inevitable.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
"It's always been something I've liked. I like West Ham."

"I want a big fan base and I want a big club. And West Ham fitted all the bill."

"I've always wanted to be involved with entertaining, attacking football..."

"I've managed 5 clubs in my time. I started at Preston. I went to Everton. Everybody knows...it's well documented with my period at Manchester United. I done some which I really wanted to do, which was go abroad and work in Spain, and I done that. And it's only been my last job where I feel as if it wasn't a good move and I didn't enjoy it and it didn't work out well."

He really is a deluded fecker!

The Bloody-Nine

"I want a big fan base and I want a big club. And West Ham fitted all the bill."

"I've managed 5 clubs in my time. I started at Preston. I went to Everton. Everybody knows...it's well documented with my period at Manchester United. I done some which I really wanted to do, which was go abroad and work in Spain, and I done that. And it's only been my last job where I feel as if it wasn't a good move and I didn't enjoy it and it didn't work out well."
Poor David. He didn't enjoy it at Sunderland. :(

What a twat.

Paul_Scholes18

Just looked back at some videos from that Moyes year. We played some good football in some games. Welbeck in particular combined very well in some moves and Rooneys crosses from corners and free kicks was quite brilliant many of them. Don't miss Rooneys general game, but wouldn't mind him just for corners and crosses. Probably would mask the general poor play that you don't see from highligh videos and I guess that goes with all our aimless crosses and similar poor things.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

He really is a deluded fecker!
I want I want I want I want.

Like you had a fecking choice David, thats why you are on a 6 month contract, because they dont trust you as far as they can throw you.

Paul_Scholes18

Ewwww Moyes apologists in here. Makes me physically sick.
He is a good manager or was one. Probably past his best. His spell with Sunderland was terrible.
I think for us though he was not as shit as people make his spell out to be honestly. Although probably it would have got even worse with time I think like with LVG.

He clearly lacks winning mentality though so he ruined ours and big clubs is not for him although for minor clubs he could do a good job. Although think it is stupid from West Ham since if they start poorly it can collpase quickly and Moyes start to get moody and negative. If he can get a good start though I think he can do a decent job for them.

I think he can spot and use talents fairly well, but not give a strong positive influence mentally to a team. With the negative aura that people relate to him it probably gets even harder and he will likely get all supporters on his back before he have even started.

The Bloody-Nine

Ridiculous show of arrogance from him. "I didn't enjoy it". I don't imagine the thousands and thousands of Sunderland fans garnered much enjoyment from the shit that you served up on a weekly basis, either. Have to doubt they enjoyed being relegated.

Revaulx

He clearly lacks winning mentality
Obvious even when he was at Everton and why I couldn't believe it when United appointed him. Their craven collapse at home to Wigan in the FA Cup quarters in his last season was a spectacular example.

I think he can spot and use talents fairly well
He certainly could when he was at Everton, and it's daft revisionism to suggest otherwise. Maybe Gill/the Glazers thought that giving him the job would be a cheap way of guaranteeing top four. It's a talent that's utterly deserted him the moment he walked away from Everton though.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
I'm not sure he's as bad a coach as many believe but his credibility has taken such a hammering post-utd you just can't see any of the players taking him seriously.
he's gotta pull something astonishing out of the bag early on or they'll just not listen to him or worse ridicule him

i don't know how you managed to wrangle this davey but it's the end of the road if you don't succeed this time, you'll be left with nothing but the Scotland job!
Just read the post that quoted the Sociedad supporter in this thread. The man is every bit the fraud and dinosaur we thought he was. It looks like any success at Everton was the perfect storm for dave. He won't ever reach those heights again.

Hammerfell

They're rating Moyes off the one or two games he did ok in. It's a weird trend lately and why so many think Fellaini is brilliant
I can only assume it makes them feel like they've got a greater understanding of the game than someone who doesn't rate him, like they see something that we don't. It's bonkers.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s hilarious but now I think about it, I’m gutted he’s back.

The guy is an absolute tool that seriously gets under my skin. I look forward to the day he’s relegated and sacked again.

MooseTheMooche

This appointment is absolutely 'incredible'. Feck me, this guy was a complete failure in the past few years, and he still manages to get a job in the PL. How he does it everytime is beyond me.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Just seen on Twitter that David Moyes, Sam Allardyce, Roy Hodgson, Tony Pulis and Mark Hughes have had 23 separate Premier League jobs between them. That's absolutely ridiculous!!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why is this quote not part of the thread title? "I'm aiming to get back to the top".

RedDevil@84

Just seen on Twitter that David Moyes, Sam Allardyce, Roy Hodgson, Tony Pulis and Mark Hughes have had 23 separate Premier League jobs between them. That's absolutely ridiculous!!
Not really. There are 20 PL teams and ever club needs a manager, however useless

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's only very recently that all the teams can buy quality, historically almost half the teams have been fighting to stay in the league. Some of those managers you mention have pretty decent records, sustained mid-table finishes or repeated dogfight survivals. Moyes is not on their level. Pulis wouldn't start a season by making a distinction every sentence between himself and the team, nor say they were going to get relegated, nor Big Sam or Sparky.

Paul_Scholes18

Obvious even when he was at Everton and why I couldn't believe it when United appointed him. Their craven collapse at home to Wigan in the FA Cup quarters in his last season was a spectacular example.

He certainly could when he was at Everton, and it's daft revisionism to suggest otherwise. Maybe Gill/the Glazers thought that giving him the job would be a cheap way of guaranteeing top four. It's a talent that's utterly deserted him the moment he walked away from Everton though.
I think the pressure got to him. Can be different to spot talent that can reach Man United level. Don't think his failure here had much to do with talent though. Fellaini and Mata have also done well here even if no fantastic players to get based on our needs.

His inability to maintain the winning mentality from SAF and replacing it with his own was probably enough to see a massive decline. Tactically he is decent I think, but nothing special really. Certainly not good enough for it to carry his teams beyond player quality and momentum.