De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
That's what I thought. We don't want to sell our beloved twice player of the year, but we actually did when Madrid come up with up their first offer on the last day. :lol:
Statement basically reads that we were open to sale for the asking price ( which was our stance feom beginning) as we didn't wanted to stand in his way, but since it has not materialised we're delighted for him to stay. I don't know what you and noodlehair are seeing here.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
That statement read slike it was written by a child.

We didn't want to sell him and then decided to sell him as soon as we received the first offer to sell him? ...then we tried our very hardest to sell him...but are delighted we didn't sell him?

What?? Has someone broken into Fergie's wine cupboard?
We didn't try out hardest to sell him, but De Gea wanted to go to Madrid and they met our valuation. Despite wanting to keep him the club figured selling him now and getting Navas was a good idea all things considered. When it didn't work out, because Madrid fecked up, the club is happy to keep him anyway. I don't really see why those things should be mutually exclusive.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
In any case what's important is that LVG gets David in for a clear the air talks. He must know that Dave will be determined to prove himself as he's got the Euros to think of. The lad simply has no choice. So he should play him - no messing about. Only if he's letting them in left right and centre (don't think he will) would we have any justification for benching him. Any personal issues between has to be put to one side and the club should insist on this to both De Gea and LVG (assuming there are issues there). It is in our best interests to get Dave motivated so that he helps us in this campaign.

I will never feel the same way about Dave, but will support him as long as he does his best for the shirt. I think he's learnt a hard lesson here, and the club have done well in their dealings with this. I'm satisfied with that and hope we just move on now.

C'est Moi Cantona

He can't blame us for this at least, Mendes should flex his muscles and get him to sign a new deal with a £30 million Real Madrid only buy out clause, if they want him enough they'll pay it.

Shiva87

Poorly written but possibly to avoid using stronger language. Still, I find the excessive use of contractions unforgivable.
Is it me or was that written quite poorly?
Are you kidding?? It's very well written for the purpose. It's a clear point to point reply to Madrid making an announcement to the effect that United don't know how to do deals. It is succinct, in a high-impact-low-verbosity kind of way. Kudos to whoever wrote it.

It is not the most professional statement and looks a bit like it has been written by a fan. But it's much better for it. This was a message to the fans and the media, not a contract. It conveys our annoyance with the circus brilliantly as well as the fact that we did everything correctly. Madrid's statement was even more juvenile and petty.
Madrid started it, and we reacted - much like juvenile kids ourselves. But, I guess the club did indeed felt compelled to reply. I would have much rather we didn't respond at all. But if we felt we had to, this was great!

SirAF

Ageist

We didn't want to sell him and then decided to sell him as soon as we received the first offer to sell him? ...then we tried our very hardest to sell him...but are delighted we didn't sell him?

Bollocks :lol: It was a great statement.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Childish stuff by both clubs but hilarious nonetheless. :lol:

It would be absurd if DDG is not no.1 for us this season regardless of the contract extension. Van Gaal can't tank out season just to spite a player.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Being forced to sell him to get money and not wanting to sell him are two different things. And you call them childish.

Ringo 07

I think it's as clear as can be that Florentino Perez stabbed De Gea in the back and pulled the plug on the deal in the last seconds........What a total sneaky mafia clown that mas is....then tries to blame Utd for it not happening to cover his greedy ass

Oo0AahCantona

Gonna take a feck load of world class saves for this to be forgotten. If only he signs a new deal now so we get the true value for him.
Honest to fecking god, it would be in his best interest as an out of contract professional footballer at the end of the year, to resign a deal with a real madrid release clause in it. that way, he's protected if he gets a bad injury this year, and the club get a fee next summer.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think it's as clear as can be that Florentino Perez stabbed De Gea in the back and pulled the plug on the deal in the last seconds........What a total sneaky mafia clown that mas is....then tries to blame Utd for it not happening to cover his greedy ass
The thing is that United can't lie, every documents are time stamped. And we know that Madrid eluded a lot of things and haven't sent De Gea's documents to the LFP. Only Madrid could have fecked up.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
That part confused me too. Either we have failed to mention something or were taking the risk of getting fecked over by Madrid
The documents for Navas could be filed today as he was leaving an association(spanish) where window is closed to association where window is open.. There is no way we could have been shafted by real madrid,they could not have gone back on an official bid,say they could not have said "thanks for degea, but we wont give you Navas tomorrow if you do not pay us 20 million" as that would have changed the agreement(Official agreement in written form is binding contract if transfer of economic rights of player takes place) if the compensation is changed at last moment united would have sued madrid and transfer would not be valid. So there was nothing legally wrong in united allowing DDG's transfer first, it was more of a kinder act to facilitate the deal. Real changed the deal at last moment united needed time to check the changes, we did it and submitted documents,they did not. They just cocked it up by making last minute changes to the deal. Had those changes not been made i am sure DDG would be a madrid player and we would have announced Navas today.

Reactions: crappycraperson

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Our statement is brilliant. Extremely clear and concise, and it's quite obvious that Real were at fault. The fact they don't want to appeal even though United are offering time stamped documentation etc. shows that they know it's their fault.

Only Real Madrid would try shift the blame on to someone else. They're sly cnuts and I really, really don't like them.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
You are being deliberately obtuse if you think that's how transfers work.

Usually a transfer will involve agents who will informally negotiate on behalf of the clubs. The official bid will only usually come when everything has been agreed beforehand.

How do you think Madrid 'knew' about what United wanted for him. Or that we wanted Navas as part of the deal.
All I am saying is that there is a contradiction in the statement when it says that, "we didn't want to sell our twice player of the year anyway" and then says, "a bid was accepted at the last moment".

If the club is delighted that "its fan-favourite double Player of the Year, David de Gea, remains a Manchester United player.", then why did they sell him a few hours earlier?

If,

"Manchester United did not seek contact from Real Madrid for the sale of David. David is a key member of our squad and the club’s preference was not to sell."

Then why did they sell him? We go on around telling everyone that we are the biggest club in the world with bottomless pockets, then why not tell Madrid to feck off right away?

The stupidity of both these statements, from Madrid and us, is hilarious. Just shut up!

Oneunited26

ddg should tell Madrid like an atletico Madrid boy should do, and take that offer where the sun don't shine, but he won't and sign for them for nothing. Seems like Madrid did not jump into the valcano with DDG, and DDG is the only one that got burnt

GloryHunter07

It must be really depressing to see everything in such a relentlessly negative light.

Cpt Negative

Glad the club released the statement.

De Gea could have gone to any club in Europe for all I care, but not Madrid. Hopefully he will sign a new deal now if we can prove they are inept.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Absolutely. Would be shocking if Dave believes them over us. He'd have to be the thickest lad in the world if he doesn't see that Perez has fecked with him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We could have got back in time and had Churchill record a statement on our behalf and noodle would think it was shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.