De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Fawning over a club statement is very RAWKish to me.

It's pretty childish from both sides, to be fair. What a mess.
Agreed. I don't actually care what each club says in their statements.
The fact is that he have our best player, staying for another season.
Lets move on and focus on keeping clean sheets (because our attack is useless at scoring goals :lol:)

Kakeru

What kind of reception do you expect for him if he plays for us again? I mean he hasnt been very vocal during the whole saga but do you think the fans will respond well to him being here? I sure hope so.
Well, considering what happened with Rooney during the 2010-2011 season as an example, matchgoing fans will keep it quiet as much as they could and support the player. That support will increase as long as he performs on the pitch and regains his status as fan favorite on his own initiative.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We decided to sell him when Madrid offered the 40 million Euros. Which was our asking price all summer. Madrid decide to offer it with what, 10 hours of their transfer window left?
I'm just relaying what the statement says. It's hilarious nonsensicle jibberish.

The best bit is imagining someone being really proud of themselves writing it.

Expecting a reply later from Real along the lines of "I'm telling on you to the adults"

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'd imagine he'll only play for us again, if he signs a contract.

No way will LVG bed him back into the team, only for him to go and sign a contract with Madrid in January.
DDG will sign for Madrid in January, to join them in the Summer.
There is no way I would imagine that our best player is going to be playing in the reserves.
I would be shocked if LVG does that.

In Ronaldo's final year, Fergie pumped Ronaldo up and that season was arguably his best season. I expect this from DDG.

pauldyson1uk

What kind of reception do you expect for him if he plays for us again? I mean he hasnt been very vocal during the whole saga but do you think the fans will respond well to him being here? I sure hope so.
I think the fact he has kept quite , goes in his favor, we all know he wanted to go but he has not harp on about it all close season.
Some fans wont like it , I respect him for keeping quite and just letting his team get on with it.

Marty1968

At the end of last season I thought the best summer signing we could hope for would be de gea staying. As long as he gets his head right it's a fantastic deal for us. And his head will be right because a. He's not the billy big time player like some others who would throw their toys out the pram and b. he'll still have to impress to make sure Madrid still want him in the summer. They're run by such numpties that it wouldn't surprise me if they signed another big name keeper and said we don't need you anymore!

Get the international break out the way, don't think he'll play the Liverpool game but after that get him in the team.

pauldyson1uk

There is no way I would imagine that our best player is going to be playing in the reserves.

In Ronaldo's final year, Fergie pumped Ronaldo up and that season was arguably his best season. I expect this from DDG.
LvG is not in SAF class I doubt if he can pump up a player that much.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
It really isn't. Read it...it's basically arguing with itself. It's actually quite funny how bad it is.
That's what I thought. We don't want to sell our beloved twice player of the year, but we actually did when Madrid come up with up their first offer on the last day. :lol:

0161_UNITED

Well it's the Mirror, but I really hope that the likes of The Guardian, M.E.N., Times and ESPN get to the bottom of this and put a foot down on one side. United's brand and integrity has been defiled and dragged into the mud by Madrid, and I hope the British and American press have the integrity to establish the truth.

Sam

Fergie and LVG's man management ideals are at completely different ends of the spectrum though.

Van Gaalacticos

Maybe Madrid were planning to do this all along. Feign interest in signing him for 30m or whatever bid would have been accepted at the end and not complete the transfer with the idea of making it seem an accident so they can just pick him up for free knowing all along he only wants to join them. They could have had him in July if they wanted him that much and I'm thinking - what if De Gea is wondering if he's been screwed over?

Seems ridiculous to me that a team of Madrid's stature and an agent like Mendes wouldn't have had the deal wrapped up long ago if that's what they really wanted, we might have been played by Madrid here.

Strange how Madrid aren't appealing the bid.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Madrid have fcuked De Gea around for most of the transfer window, and only made a bid yesterday. Now they are trying to blame United for the deal failing to go through on time. When it was they themselves who are to blame as they do not seem to want him as much as they claim. If Iwas De Gea I would tell them to feck off and sign a new contract at United.

Sam

That's what I thought. We don't want to sell our beloved twice player of the year, but we actually did when Madrid come up with up their first offer on the last day. :lol:
That last line was clearly a massive massive dig at RM, more then anything else.

Blue always red

Fergie was like Ronaldos dad, I don't think De Gea feels like he has anything to owe LVG for. If anything, he'll play his heart out for the fans.

legball

Now that everything is clear, who else wants to blame United for "not sorting this earlier". The onus was on the buying club to make an offer, fact is, Real Madrid never did, until few hours before the close of transfer window, and then they somehow managed to bungle the process again. We always like to slam United for everything even for the fault of others, there are many things the club don't do right, but the handling of the De Gea issue wasn't one, the only thing we could have done was what we did, wait for an offer! I also think that LVG should have continued to play De Gea, that's the only fault i can find in all of this. It's clear now who messed up, if I was De Gea, I know what I'll do.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It really isn't. Read it...it's basically arguing with itself. It's actually quite funny how bad it is.
What:confused:
It lays out the facts and they obviously have the evidence to prove it. There's nothing else that needs saying.

manufanatic

"crazy"

Wasn't Ronaldo on a contract so we would get a fair fee for him? Ddg should have signed telling LVG that he will sign but if Madrid comes calling with a fair fee we would let him go.. I believe that's would Ronaldo on SAF agree to

clarkydaz

Maybe Madrid were planning to do this all along. Feign interest in signing him for 30m or whatever bid would have been accepted at the end and not complete the transfer with the idea of making it seem an accident so they can just pick him up for free knowing all along he only wants to join them. They could have had him in July if they wanted him that much and I'm thinking - what if De Gea is wondering if he's been screwed over?

Seems ridiculous to me that a team of Madrid's stature and an agent like Mendes wouldn't have had the deal wrapped up long ago if that's what they really wanted, we might have been played by Madrid here.

theres a good fecking reason why. they've been outed

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose

It seems possible. If so, I hope it backfires by pissing David off and he signs a new contract with United

Wicked_Badger

At least he has kept quiet through all this. I can also see him signing a new deal with us now. Probably with the understanding (if not a formal clause) that if Real come back next summer he can leave for €40-50m. He gets the salary/security he deserves and we get a transfer fee if/when he leaves. It avoids the potential for the saga to overshadow the whole season and the possibility that he gets frozen out leaving his ambitions with the Spain squad for Euro-2016 in tatters and us stuck with an inferior keeper.
You're probably forgetting that by not signing a contract Madrid will shower him with cash to join on a free next year.

I think he'll play (eventually) and play professionally, but he'll not sign a new deal (unless something remarkable happens) and sign for a free next year.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
You are being deliberately obtuse if you think that's how transfers work.

Usually a transfer will involve agents who will informally negotiate on behalf of the clubs. The official bid will only usually come when everything has been agreed beforehand.

How do you think Madrid 'knew' about what United wanted for him. Or that we wanted Navas as part of the deal.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I'm really pleased he's still our player. He will be invaluable to us this season and I'm quietly confident that he'll do his best for us.

His partner needs to move to England and back him up - there's no reason why they can't be together in both Manchester and Madrid. Rich folk do that all the time!
I can see my premonition coming true.

And in that year (David stays with United), David grows some balls and get's rid of his Mrs, or she really can't stand another year in England, so she does one. Obviously he is heartbroken so David then puts his focus back in to football and again produces many man of the match performances that we saw last year. His team mates and close relationships with Mata and Herrera help him through and his manager supports him throughout it all. Slowly David sorts his head out and then falls back in love with the club.
It's new years eve, Dave is out with the entire squad celebrating United being top of the Premiership for the New Year, when suddenly this absolutely beautiful Mancunian girl catches his eye and he instantly falls head over heels. The next morning he looks over at her in bed next to him and he cries. He can't believe how stupid he had been and how close he was to making a huge mistake. He picks up the phone and demands Mendes goes and sucks a squirrel's balls and tells him to phone Madrid and tell that snakey feck Perez to do the same. He then phones big Ed and LvG on a conference call and declares his undying love for the best football club in the whole wide world and demands to sign a new 10 year contract. He celebrates with a cold can of Carlsberg Export and a foamy tit wank with his new lady. He then tweets @Vato and calls him a cnut.
Probably.

legball

Fawning over a club statement is very RAWKish to me.

It's pretty childish from both sides, to be fair. What a mess.
No one is fawning over anything and I suspect that this could have died a natural death, but Real Madrid decided to put out a statementof lies that blamed United for their failings, United did the right thing this time by clarifying the situation. You don't sit back and let people control narratives regarding you with lies, United were right to respond.

gaffs

It is an all round disaster. If he plays, i cant see he being a patch on what he was - too much for the lad to deal with to focus on playing his best.

He will walk at the end of the season and we will get nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.