De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I'm really pleased he's still our player. He will be invaluable to us this season and I'm quietly confident that he'll do his best for us.

His partner needs to move to England and back him up - there's no reason why they can't be together in both Manchester and Madrid. Rich folk do that all the time!
I know, right? I know another nice & rich couple who move between England and Italy ;)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It'd be mighty hilarious if he ends up renewing his contract, unlikely but never say never.
first game back out, gets a massive round of applause, realises he's loved here and Madrid didn't put as much effort in as they should, and ends up signing a monster long deal, stays for years and becomes a legend.

why not :drool:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Really hope Real get hit with that transfer ban.

At the end of the day, he will be at Real next season, with bigger pockets and Real wouldn't have given us a penny. It will only be worth it to us if he contributes a big part in winning something or ensure we are in the top 4.
By next season I hope JohnstoNeuer will have developed further to be no. 1.

goin4glory

Smart play would be for United to offer him an extension with a £40m buyout clause. Don't make the buyout public and it'll look good for all the fans + United get ££ when he leaves so it's all on good terms.

Mister_Stubbs

David can look as butthurt as he wants, it's the club he "dreamt" of signing for who messed this move up.. not us.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Very glad United have put-out a statement outlining our side of the situation - I doubt it'll change DDG's position in regards to joining Real next summer, but I'm delighted we've not just sat back and let Real tell their story without reply.

Treble

What happens in January? Pre-contract with Madrid?

Hopefully we use him and he plays at his best for the remainder of the season.

It's a mess but both clubs are not too fussed about it. DDG stays for another season and Madrid sign him on free. The loser is DDG. And Edurne. Maybe Real too, if Navas fails. And maybe United too if we don't play him or he isn't as good as last season (apart from not getting any money for him).

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
So, we force a 1 year extension on him if he wants to play first team football this year and make Madrid go through the same again next summer. This time however, under the influence of a transfer ban. Dave will be 32 before he gets to play for them.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
That statement read slike it was written by a child.

We didn't want to sell him and then decided to sell him as soon as we received the first offer to sell him? ...then we tried our very hardest to sell him...but are delighted we didn't sell him?

What?? Has someone broken into Fergie's wine cupboard?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Very glad United have put-out a statement outlining our side of the situation - I doubt it'll change DDG's position in regards to joining Real next summer, but I'm delighted we've not just sat back and let Real tell their story without reply.
I agree, we had to make a statement otherwise the media and Madrid would have said our silence was admitting guilt. Now we have shown Madrid to be lying scumbags. Get in.:D

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Great statement from United. Very professional. And the FA and obviously have their time stamped whatumacallit to prove they were doing all that they should. Surely Dave must see how they've fecked him over?

Kakeru

Aye, its completely backwards, but might go someway in explaining why DDG still isn't #1, when he clearly should be. But Del Bosque seems like a manager stuck in the dark ages.
Like Mr. Ray Bobbins used to say: "It's stone age football this guy is playing. Stone age."

So how long will it be before Dave signs a new contract with us? And more importantly, what does his girlfriend think about all this? Please tell me she's considering leaving him.
I would throw a party if she leaves him... unless someone knocks some sense into her head and she moves up North.

Considering the situation, I think Dave would sign a new contract because 1) Real are nowhere about to give Dave as much money as we would do, which means 2) less commission money for his greedy agent. With a new contract, 3) the buying club would have no choice but to pay big money if they want him so badly and that would give the agent even bigger commission in a hypothetical sale.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How fecking amazing is that statement from us. Get fecked Madrid. And that last sentence, fecking love it.

Member 5225

Smart play would be for United to offer him an extension with a £40m buyout clause. Don't make the buyout public and it'll look good for all the fans + United get ££ when he leaves so it's all on good terms.
yeah ideal

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Gave 'em both barrels. Brilliant statement.
Great statement from United. Very professional. And the FA and obviously have their time stamped whatumacallit to prove they were doing all that they should. Surely Dave must see how they've fecked him over?
It really isn't. Read it...it's basically arguing with itself. It's actually quite funny how bad it is.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
What kind of reception do you expect for him if he plays for us again? I mean he hasnt been very vocal during the whole saga but do you think the fans will respond well to him being here? I sure hope so.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
That statement read slike it was written by a child.

We didn't want to sell him and then decided to sell him as soon as we received the first offer to sell him? ...then we tried our very hardest to sell him...but are delighted we didn't sell him?

What?? Has someone broken into Fergie's wine cupboard?
We decided to sell him when Madrid offered the 40 million Euros. Which was our asking price all summer. Madrid decide to offer it with what, 10 hours of their transfer window left?

rio's upper lip

Fawning over a club statement is very RAWKish to me.

It's pretty childish from both sides, to be fair. What a mess.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
LVG now needs to speak to him and tell him that he will play and he will stay with us for the remainder of the season.
His head should now be clear so no excuses.

Moriarty

My guess is that behind all the save your face and 10-point lists, there is some Madrid lawyer losing his job today. They accepted the minor changes immediately - I'm sure that's how it happened...
The devil's in the details. It would depend on what those "minor changes" were. I've known piddling little alterations to the wording of a contract mushroom into major deal-breaking issues. Who knows what happened here.

LARulz

Why did we accept the our side of the deal and put it on TMS without Navas' transfer details secured?
That part confused me too. Either we have failed to mention something or were taking the risk of getting fecked over by Madrid

Sam

LVG now needs to speak to him and tell him that he will play and he will stay with us for the remainder of the season.
His head should now be clear so no excuses.
I'd imagine he'll only play for us again, if he signs a contract.

No way will LVG bed him back into the team, only for him to go and sign a contract with Madrid in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.