Gaming Destiny | Rise of Iron launch

Leg-End

This game wasn't on my list of must have titles before E3.

It is now.

Really impressed by the short time I spent playing the alpha, graphically excellent, controls solid and the gameplay feels right.

Plus I heard Daniels from The Wire, always a bonus in my book.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Okay, the narrator is awful, he sounds super sarcastic all of the time. The gameplay is awesome right now though and it's a nice level of difficulty, it actually has it's own sense of originality too.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I thought he gameplay looked good. How does it work with having players online, does it work well with players jumping in and out of your area?

Bojan11

Played a bit of it with two friends.

The bosses are a pain. It took us like 30 mins and a million bullets to finally kill them. But it is really good fun. I really hope we don't lose our progress from the alpha and it carries over. Annoyed that this only lasts four days.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
What day / time does it end? I'll have to get on it at some point this weekend.

Played a bit of it with two friends.

The bosses are a pain. It took us like 30 mins and a million bullets to finally kill them. But it is really good fun. I really hope we don't lose our progress from the alpha and it carries over. Annoyed that this only lasts four days.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If following the Clan joins you to it then i'm on it, just need request accepted.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm doing the massive boss with two other people at the moment. Takes a long time and it's annoying how you can be behind something getting cover but it does feck all. Constant movement, and you have to be really focused into the game or you'll wipe.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This game is looking great, I think it's time for a media blackout for me, I don't want to see too much.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Had a very quick blast at this last night before bed and it's looking & playing really good, shame its up just when the world cup is just starting otherwise I'd get alot more time on it but I guess in between matches and a while after isn't too bad but hoping I can clock up some good hours for the 4 days or whatever it's up for.

afrocentricity

I'm doing the massive boss with two other people at the moment. Takes a long time and it's annoying how you can be behind something getting cover but it does feck all. Constant movement, and you have to be really focused into the game or you'll wipe.
What boss are you talking about? I had that open world encounter (where the dropship drops off the massive tank thing) but there were only a handfull of us there, took us ages to kill it. It looked fcuking great when it dropped... the graphics are great. I'm lucky I ranked up during the fight so I could start using my heavy weapon and switch in some more powerful guns or it would have been curtains...

So jealous...
Get a PS4!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What boss are you talking about? I had that open world encounter (where the dropship drops off the massive tank thing) but there were only a handfull of us there, took us ages to kill it. It looked fcuking great when it dropped... the graphics are great. I'm lucky I ranked up during the fight so I could start using my heavy weapon and switch in some more powerful guns or it would have been curtains...
The Devils' Lair one. It was annoying as hell though. I was only level 5 at the time so underpowered for it and compared to everyone else, but i had a tactic that was working. There was a spot i could camp at and just take pop shots at it which was fine as everyone else was moving around and it meant i'd never be targeted and could take down the damage quite well. I let everyone else handle the adds and did this until it was down to hardly any health. They then all decided to rush beside me so the boss was targeting the same area all the time which meant the spot was useless. Ended up wiping because of it. Annoyed me. I didn't have a heavy weapon either.

afrocentricity

I actually can't wait to get back on... and it's an alpha. Games got *** secret sauce!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Mine keeps disconnecting which is annoying. I'm basically repeating the same mission on explore over and over again which is a bit irritating, but i think it's my internet. Ah well, not taking away from the experience of the game, the map is really big and it seems like there are a variety of things to do.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah, then you just go to Bungie.net, sign up/in and use the code and then if you wish can cancel the preorder.

afrocentricity

Cant connect at the moment :(

The remote play button layout is excellent btw, I wish more games would have custom button layouts that were as well thought out as this one.

afrocentricity

Been on it for about an hour, remote play is the muts nuts...

Castia

Going to play a bit more over the weekend, I think I'll just explore and leave the missions for game launch. Very impressed so far, the shooting and class system feels solid and the graphics are stunning.

I've signed up for the Caf clan as well if someone can accept please.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I have no real idea what I am doing and I don't think I've seen another player yet apart from in the base part?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I'm sorta getting the hang of this now. I'm too used to games with storylines and completions. This is just like WOW but with guns pretty much?