Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeDee7

The RB position is his by right at this point, still think we should have our eyes on one in the summer.
We need both a first choice RB and LB.
Dalot and Telles are good players in their own right and would probably thrive in a different league. I appreciate they try and bring the right attitude though and stick to the gameplan as best as possible.
Shaw has the absolute worst footballing attitude for a defender. Low IQ, lazy, almost heartless at times.

In an ideal world, Dalot, Wan bissaka and Shaw would be shipped off. 2 new modern day RB and LB's in who thrive in knowing their duties for doing alot of the thankless running and defending.
Laird to return to the club as depth.

Both these 2 positions are so important to how effective every other player on the pitch operates. It's an absolute thankless role, I would never want to be a right or left back in the modern game but they are essential.

ti vu

Only option is Mazraoui on a free if we get Ten Hag... Other than that it's gonna be dalot. He's young and improving though, so there's plenty to be encouraged about IMO. Don't understand why Ole hated him tbh.
Ole indulges his attackers by leaving them up front, which often leaves his FBs 1 on 1 with opposition attacker running at them. Even defending against 2 players (ball carrier and an overlapping player). In that situation AWB is better, while Dalot is dogshit.

With Rangnick, we better at isolating opposition attackers by involving our attackers in pressing, and forcing opposition attacker receiving the ball with their back to our goal even in wide area. Defenders are more defending comfortable this way. There is structure with our movement and position in possession, which involves the full backs more. This let the full back show case their technical ability: passing, dribbling with time a space. This benefit player like a Dalot while expose AWB for his lack of technical ability, and awful work ethic when defending on front foot. However, Dalot is still average at best.

Last edited:

predator

Youth NITK
He is literally the polar opposite to AWB when it comes to on the ball attributes but they both have a knack of making the wrong decisions at the right times.

Dalot can dribble the ball, can do step overs, can take on a man elegantly, has a decent shot technique with (with both feet), can cross well most the time.

AWB is an all round better tackler, is faster, is better at tracking back, is more defensively minded and cautious.

If only we could merge them into one player.

Abraxas

Can't understand why he keeps getting criticised in some quarters. He's doing a job at the moment. It's not inspiring but it's keeping the position solid enough and we can assess in the summer. You'd think he was making loads of awful Maguire like errors the way people go on.

It's just a bit of a balls up in the final third, that's the main problem, general link up and defending is fine and as a RB that's not the worst thing in the world. I wouldn't say he's adding incredible value to the side that would make you think first choice RB for the future but it's a far cry from deserving people saying he's shit etc.

Foxbatt

Can't understand why he keeps getting criticised in some quarters. He's doing a job at the moment. It's not inspiring but it's keeping the position solid enough and we can assess in the summer. You'd think he was making loads of awful Maguire like errors the way people go on.

It's just a bit of a balls up in the final third, that's the main problem, general link up and defending is fine and as a RB that's not the worst thing in the world. I wouldn't say he's adding incredible value to the side that would make you think first choice RB for the future but it's a far cry from deserving people saying he's shit etc.
Agree with you. Apart from his crossing he had a good game. He needs to get that sorted out. A lot better than AWB for sure.

Alfie092

While he has been solid I don't think he stands out so much and makes me think "wow, what a RB!"

Makes me feel at ease when he is on the ball though compared to ABW, however, I do hope he can start to put a few more better crosses into the box and contribute more to our attacking play, considering he is more of an attacking RB than AWB.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
His two-footedness is an asset but I don't think he utilises it as well as he could. You could see some of the angles Cucurella was making for himself with both feet and he was getting into great positions the whole first half.

I notice when we have the ball on the left he tucks into the right side of midfield though which I'm not sure about. It means when we inevitably take three/four passes to play it through the middle he is too close to Bruno/McTom to warrant a pass that would widen the opposition defense. I'm sure it's an instruction from Rangnick but can't help but feel it'd be better if he held the line a bit more.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's been solid. If he could stop launching overpowered crosses into the opposite stands, he could be rather good. That seems to be the only thing holding him back right now.

L1nk

He's been solid. I personally don't see us recruiting a RB in the summer only because we have such pressing needs in other areas of the field like Midfield and Forward, as much as maybe we need to invest in a starter here just hard to fathom us buying so many players

studs

This is what happens when you show up for training and put an effort in, you get rewarded by keeping your place in the team. Well done to him.

Belisarius

This is what happens when you show up for training and put an effort in, you get rewarded by keeping your place in the team. Well done to him.
I've been impressed with Dalot lately. I'm much more confident that he can keep the ball and play through the press than ever I was with Aaron playing. I was a bit disappointed that on the Brighton header in the first half that DDG made a big save on, Dalot was covering their player and didn't even try to challenge for the ball. Even if the other player is taller, he still has to go up with him to try and put him off.

On the other hand, I thought he made a very good play when he intercepted the ball on Brighton's side of midfield and beat another man before passing to Elanga who then got bundled over for a free kick just outside their penalty area. He's able to dribble a little and keep control of the ball in traffic some of the time.

studs

I've been impressed with Dalot lately. I'm much more confident that he can keep the ball and play through the press than ever I was with Aaron playing. I was a bit disappointed that on the Brighton header in the first half that DDG made a big save on, Dalot was covering their player and didn't even try to challenge for the ball. Even if the other player is taller, he still has to go up with him to try and put him off.

On the other hand, I thought he made a very good play when he intercepted the ball on Brighton's side of midfield and beat another man before passing to Elanga who then got bundled over for a free kick just outside their penalty area. He's able to dribble a little and keep control of the ball in traffic some of the time.
He is taking his chance very well, so we have to give him some praise. He has faults and if he keeps improving over the rest of the season and on into the next one, some of those faults will and should get better. It's all on him now.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
At least opponent need to worry of giving him much space when attacking. That's free up one defender to mark out our attacker.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
He's definitely surprised me as I'd written him off after that Villarreal home game. Seems fitter, stronger and quicker.

I have no idea what has happened to his crossing. This was one of the few things he could do prior to this season - or at least that's how I remember him from the 18/19 season

Abraxas

I remember his debut and I thought he whipped in some cracking crosses. Now he can't even "hit an area." Odd.

Alfie092

His crossing needs to improve, it's basically the same end result as AWB's crossing... leads to nothing.

However, in terms of how Ralf wants to play, Dalot is much more suitable due to his better ability on the ball, while it's not exceptional, it's miles better than AWB's ability on it. Dalot is also such a big asset in the air and rarely gets beat!

Belisarius

I'm surprised we haven't seen Dalot the last few games. I thought he had shown enough to get a look-in as a late sub if not the odd start. Though I have to admit AWB doesn't seem to tire as fast as Telles so maybe it made more sense to bring Shaw on this last game.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Why can't be play dalot at rw and awb at rb ?

Surely dalot can't be worse than rashford and our defense gets bolstered aswell.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Surely dalot can't be worse than rashford and our defense gets bolstered aswell.
Dalot is the worst crosser at the club and that's saying something. No way on earth I'd pick him at RW if I had other options.

Owen11

Supports
French/naija
I'm surprised by fans saying he's crap just because Aaron wan bissaka has started the last 3 games ahead of him

I think the poor squad management from our previous Managers has made posters on here think you only bench a player when he's shit.
Bissaka and Dalot are quality Young players with strength and weaknesses,they need to be coached, nurtured and rotated in order to bring the best out of them.

City, Liverpool and Chelsea rotate their players all the time, they barely have guaranteed starters, I don't see why we shouldn't.

Marwood

Right wing at the expense of Elanga or Sancho?

I can't see why anybody would want to do that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The suggestion of playing AWB and Dalot together on the right would've rightly got slaughtered on here if any one of our post SAF managers opted for such a set-up.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Still not convinved by him but we do look better with him in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.