4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strats

Have a hard time seeing being a good player in any of the top leagues in Europe, including the Championship. He’s just too physically weak, and doesn’t really look like he wants to play football.

Best thing for him would be to start over again in Eredevise.

Bondi77

He has given Utd almost nothing, 2 or 3 games of value at most, unless he has a drastic turn around he easily is one of our worst transfers ever.
The only game I can remember when he was okay was the last game of a season at Wolves under Ole I think but apart from that I can not think of a player that is just invisible in games.

Bobski

The only game I can remember when he was okay was the last game of a season at Wolves under Ole I think but apart from that I can not think of a player that is just invisible in games.
Players on the beach, not much to take from that. Watford away is the only game I really felt he looked like someone who could make an impact, and also one of the few games he has played with aggression and a point to prove. West Ham in the league cup got hyped up, but he was pretty average in that really, other than that a pre season friendly against Everton and little else.

Barthez

Needs putting on EBay with a £1,000,000 starting price and no reserve.

arthurka

His third game starting in a row and the same shit offered, or nothing offered. Would PSV take him? Ajax loved him, get him moved ASAP.

Idxomer

I remember when people called him a technical player and compared him to Mata.

It's shocking how he can't put any weight on his passes, they're always too short.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Literally looks like a low confidence 12 year old playing a school game, constantly hides, and on the odd occasion the ball actually ends us with him he gets rid of it as quickly and as safely as possible.

And to think, he was supposed to be on his way to Madrid before we signed him! What the hell happened?

Is it a case of a player who grew up and went through the levels at Ajax, but just got lost as soon as he left or something?

Red00012

What I find funny is the fact he points for the ball and players just ignore him

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Hopefully Ten Hagg has realised this guy is useless and shifts him on. He probably still believes he can get a tune out of him.

CloneMC16

His fans must have given up at this point. He's a ghost. He's been given 3 starts in a row and ghosted all of them. Replacing him with someone that would do anything on the pitch would be an upgrade.

SemiPro

He was actually making some decent runs in behind in the 1st half but just wasn’t receiving the pass.

He’s definitely short of confidence. I would say the best thing for him is regular minutes but he’s been a liability in every game. Wish he would drop a bit deeper and get himself into the game more but I think he’s just hiding at this point.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What I find funny is the fact he points for the ball and players just ignore him
Nobody trusts him. Its obvious. Even Scott McTominay would prefer a long diagonal rather than pick him out. Its horrible, he's drowning at United. Needs to leave for his own sake. English football is just too fast and too furious for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nobody trusts him. Its obvious. Even Scott McTominay would prefer a long diagonal rather than pick him out. Its horrible, he's drowning at United. Needs to leave for his own sake. English football is just too fast and too furious for him.
Doesn't help that whenever he gets it, the only thing he does is return the ball with a first time pass. United needs a 10 who gets on the ball and tries to do something with it. He doesn't try anything when he does get it, which is rare anyway

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Doesn't help that whenever he gets it, the only thing he does is return the ball with a first time pass. United needs a 10 who gets on the ball and tries to do something with it. He doesn't try anything when he does get it, which is rare anyway
Totally agree. Its like watching a competition winner at times. I cringe for him. Honestly pity the man.

Maybe in a slower league where you get more time on the ball, in a team that absolutely dominates, he'd look better. However, looking at how he plays, I can't ever see him excelling in England.

AshRK

Ten hag is being nice to him. Imagine him under Jose. Jose would have ripped him apart in the press.

Revaulx

I think that's his main issue.

He's physically not cut out for this level and as a result can't get to the ball.

You can see when he does get on it he's a tidy player.
Pretty much this. He can only do it when we already have total control of the game though. He looked ok against the bus-parking possession-ceding Sheriff, and actually managed to exploit pockets of space. How often do we face opponents like that? Not often enough to sustain him in a squad role.

r1z3mu

I think ETH is giving him a few games to prove that it's worth keeping him (or not). And as of now (after Villa cup game) he is gone. I don't think he is fit for PL. Need to go back to Eredivisie or Ligue 1 where games are somewhat easier.

Jericho

He needs to fecking grow a pair, come deeper and get on the fecking ball. He's been hiding, his horrendous positioning suggests as much, and he needs a massive kick up the arse IMO. Say what you will about Fred but at least he has the courage to try something.

If this is what he was showing in training I now understand why Ole never played him.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I feel for the guy, he must be so frustrated that he just seems to be out of sync with his team mates.
I'm really not sure where he fits in this United team.
He does make excellent runs in and around the box, and can create openings, but he's just not involved enough in the game to hold down a place.
Certainly needs a move in January, possibly back to Netherlands, just don't see him making it here now.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Unfortunately just not good enough. Has had plenty of chances and there’s nothing to suggest he’s every going to improve.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I used to support and cheer for DvB so hard, and in this last three games, where he has had so much chance to prove himself, his complete "don't give a feck" attitude is seriously starting to make me HATE him.

He can feck off in January. Good riddance.

Okey

Bye Donny. Nice lad, but just not up to it physically at this level. Which renders whatever technical qualities you have moot. He's just a waste of space at present. Hopefully get some money in January and put it to a better sighing.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
At least we can now stop pretending he ever was a good footballer. He was always average but played in a decent team in a poor league. Very overrated Dutch player
Well he played great in Champions League, not just in Dutch league. So once upon a time, he did have some potential, but it doesn't matter because right now, for us specifically, he is garbage. And infuriatingly, doesn't seem to care. That last part is unacceptable.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Given the amount he cost (some posters said it was cheap at the time) I think this guy has to be one of the worst bit of transfer business we have ever done.
In my living memory, I cant think of another, regardless of price.

Bebe you could see had potential and he tried. Donnie looks like the lights of OT are just too bright for him. He withers. Bet he will do well back in the Dutch League.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.