Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldTrevil

He was so good, I thought about giving him MOTM instead of Rashdford. Hope he stays fit for the remainder of the season, his aggression defensively and positivity on the ball, combined with his general no nonsense play is so fun to watch. He misjudged the ball and got an unlucky bounce for the own goal and he will learn from it. Glad to have him back.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It wasn't long ago I was speaking about Bailly having world class potential and he being out best defender by miles. Yet some on the Caf was spouting shite that he seems to get better rating the longer he's out (as in we thought he was much better than he is since we had not seen him in some time).

It isn't an illusion. He's always been this good.
If he can do it consistently, absolutely. So far he hasn't. A couple of times because of injuries, and a couple of times where his form has just been a bit shaky.

Loublaze

ATLien
It wasn't long ago I was speaking about Bailly having world class potential and he being out best defender by miles. Yet some on the Caf was spouting shite that he seems to get better rating the longer he's out (as in we thought he was much better than he is since we had not seen him in some time).

It isn't an illusion. He's always been this good.
He came to the club and hit the ground running. A real gem he is Bailly. I wish Lindelof was even half as good.

iKeano

No sure how he managed to magic that ball backwards from a forward kick into the net!

Great performance, we look so much more solid at the back when he's in... Own goal aside!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
My favorite was the skill on Salah and when he just shoved Milner out of the way.:lol: I get a real joy from watching him play. He makes you love defending.
That was brilliant. Thankfully Milner's a tough bastard... if he'd done that to me i'd probably have died.

Craig Ward

We need him to stay fit.

He's a class above anything we have at the back.

Like to see him and lindelof develop a partnership

buckooo1978

the fact that he scored an own goal and still came out of the game getting praised speaks volumes about his quality and the calmness he brings to our defence

just hope he stays fit for a while

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's bloody quick isn't he? kept up with Mane no problem on a few occasions.

When he's in that sort of mood he's top class. Love how calm he is, but also has that air of authority.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's bloody quick isn't he? kept up with Mane no problem on a few occasions.

When he's in that sort of mood he's top class. Love how calm he is, but also has that air of authority.
He kept up with Vardy too IIRC. He is very quick and also quick off the mark too which is very important.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If he stays fit, he's honestly the type of guy who can get us clean sheets or help reduce the goal threat against any given side in the game. I know we're not likely to win the CL, but we could pull off an upset against a favourite just by virtue of Bailly playing well.

Outside of De Gea, he's the only outfield player who I believe can lord it against the best and have faith he'll bring his A game.

Man Utd 1:2 Sevilla

wythyred

I really don't understand the hype with this bang average defender.

He has no footballing intelligence and gets caught out of position all the time, he then gets plaudits because he makes a last ditch tackle.

Bobski

He was bad for both goals tonight. Can't blame the defenders though, all on Mourinho, deserves everything he gets tonight.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah apart from that one outstanding tackle he was really quite poor. That header both he and Matic stand there and watch the first guy in acres of space and get the header. Just woeful defending, then there was his distribution which was also quite bad.

marktan

A couple of times he was terrible positionally - the worst was when Smalling was pressing the attacker on the wing and he ran to Smalling and left the whole box empty.

He's good on the ball and strong, but like Lindelof I get this unease with him because 1) He has errors in him and 2) Positionally and in pure defending he can be suspect. With Rojo for example I don't feel that, nor with Smalling (though he has his obvious weaknesses in possession).

Last edited:

Kapardin

He has no footballing intelligence and gets caught out of position all the time, he then gets plaudits because he makes a last ditch tackle.
He's not bang average.:lol:

He's raw but shows potential. Will have some bad games, let's not crucify him for that. Was very good just this weekend.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Saved us several times tonight before the two goals. That’s the only reason why I am not blowing my top at him. What on earth happened on that corner..?

ti vu

Were at fault for both goal.

1st: broke offside trap but still no where close the attacker.
2nd: Went completely to sleep. If he were to defend his zone, there was a chance he can clear that corner.
Could have been 3rd: Broke offside trap again.

Overall not bad, but at top level, you can't just have that many errors in one game.

Classical Mechanic

Were at fault for both goal.

1st: broke offside trap but still no where close the attacker.
2nd: Went completely to sleep. If he were to defend his zone, there was a chance he can clear that corner.
Could have been 3rd: Broke offside trap again.

Overall not bad, but at top level, you can't just have that many errors in one game.
Thought he was terrible really. He makes some great last ditch tackles but has major holes in his game.

rique_don

That is a lie. Control your emotions. He does not get caught out all the time. This particular match her had no shielding from our midfield. None whatsoever. If you the centre of midfield is vacated you will look out of position because at some point one of the defenders, especially centrally, will step forward and it will leave gaps. He was good for most of the game. The midfield that was less than average.

Bobski

Made one great tackle that was for naught, but he needs a leader CB next to him IMO.
He had to make that tackle because for some reason he ran to the left wing when Smalling had the man covered, opened up the space for the ball. Brilliant tackle but not the most intelligent play.

arnie_ni

He had to make that tackle because for some reason he ran to the left wing when Smalling had the man covered, opened up the space for the ball. Brilliant tackle but not the most intelligent play.
Matic absolutely roasted him for that passage of play

ti vu

Thought he was terrible really. He makes some great last ditch tackles but has major holes in his game.
Beside the goals, Bailly was not the culprit of our problem. Valencia was very sloppy. His rushed pass thus losing possession was the trigger for the goal we conceded. Valencia looked like busy but did feck all all game, and left plenty of ground for other to cover. We're handicapped enough with Smalling lack of ability on ball. To have Valencia playing like this, we're clearly asked for trouble. Ashley Young was a bit better, but we know he is not defender and had a knack of putting no pressure on crosser.

Park's Petrified Pooch

He was a little shaky tonight, but still looks the best defender we’ve got, and by some margin. I feel like he could be exceptional, he needs to kick on.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Strange game tonight, at times exceptional and at times very sloppy. Was clearly tiring in the minutes before the goal which was mostly his fault

Suedesi

He's overrated, badly at fault for the first goal, and for getting caught out of position earlier in the second half.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
After his near perfect game on Saturday, this was an odd performance. Giving the ball away so weirdly early on was a sign of things to come. Still our best defender by a mile though.

Ekeke

Well, I'm glad that some of his mistakes and weaknesses are finally being looked at instead of all the overhype that there has been about him in the past. However, in the interest of trying to be objective and consistant, I personally wouldnt say he was completely at fault for the first goal. I would say it was both Bailly and Smalling who as a combination could have done more.

Smalling's action of planting himself like he was going to be able to intercept the pass, left the 1 vs 1 between Bailly and Ben Yedder. On another day perhaps Smalling stops the pass but honestly he didn't look that close and he didnt manage to do much to make the pass more difficult for Sevilla.
So Smalling was unsuccessful and unfortunately that meant he couldnt do much to get back and help afterwards. Normally this would be okay as you'd back a good CB to deal with a striker 1 vs 1 and make sure he doesnt get a clean, good strike at goal. However Bailly wasnt up to the task at all and Ben Yedder's touch and shot were good and his mistake was exploited there.

So yeah for me its a mistake by both Smalling and Bailly, together. One of them should have come good whether it was Smalling making the pass too difficult or intercepting it, or being in a position to get back and help Bailly afterwards. Or if it was Bailly who was comfortable 1 vs 1 and managed to restrict the danger. One of them should have come good and neither did.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
One of the better players tonight, should work on his concentration during the games, tht sloppy pass has no excuse, at fault with the first goal with not quick feet enough but I'd still blame de Gea more for it as he should be covering the front post while bailly did quite well to cover the other side even a bit slow in that position but it may come with fitness. He should alaso learn form Smalling how to head the ball, he's not very composed in the air and mistimes his header at times. Other than that had some great moments which we were missing mainly the tackle in the box and a blcok later on which were absolutely great, almost like this Serbian player we used to have..

Status
Not open for further replies.