g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Eric Bailly image 3

Eric Bailly Ivory Coast flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I have no idea what it is but I just don’t see the same thing that others do in Bailly. I actually think he was the stand out negative today.
Didn't notice that today was the first time United as a whole were solid defensively since pretty much his last game? We usually leak a few big chances every game. Nothing today.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
why?

Vidic is my favorite United defender of all time and I don't see why Bailly can't "get near" him or Rio
Because they both really didn't have any weaknesses, Vidic was Bailly at his best with added phenomenal abillity in the air, Rio had anticipation out of this world and was more cultured than Bailly ever will be.

Would you wager on Bailly reaching Nesta and Cannavaro levels? Because that is the level we are talking about (atleast for Rio, Vidic wasn't quite there).

I will settle for WC.

JoaquinJoaquin

Seeing him today just makes you think how different our season could of been had he stayed fit. Such a big advantage having him. Hope he stays injury free until the end of the season.

TsuWave

Because they were not only WC, but also generational CB's, atleast in the case of Rio.
this has to be one of the vaguest and most empty answers as to why a player can't/won't reach others

edit - just saw your second reply

Because they both really didn't have any weaknesses, Vidic was Bailly at his best with added phenomenal abillity in the air, Rio had anticipation out of this world and was more cultured than Bailly ever will be.

Would you wager on Bailly reaching Nesta and Cannavaro levels? Because that is the level we are talking about (atleast for Rio, Vidic wasn't quite there).

I will settle for WC.
Bailly is in his early 20s, he has more than enough time to develop his game. Vidic was not without faults when he arrived here.

"cultured"??? :lol:

Robbie Boy

Didn't notice that today was the first time United as a whole were solid defensively since pretty much his last game? We usually leak a few big chances every game. Nothing today.
Exactly. We were comfortable with Liverpool probing as there was no way through. Though it wasn't exactly fun to watch and I was a nervous wreck, we looked solid at the back and weren't relying on DDG bailing us out. It was a very good defensive performance and Liverpool created feck all despite their statistical dominance.

Robbie Boy

I genuinely miffed at the people that can't see the massive potential this lad has. He has it in him to be one of the best around. I'm not saying he hadn't got flaws but he's young enough to work on them. I do worry about his constant niggling injuries, though.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Blunder aside, he's so so good. He even made Smalling look world class ;)

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Player performance threads have become a pro and an anti player battle these days, makes them tedious. Why couldn't you just come in here and praise Bailly without the snidey Smalling comment? I hate this whole 'having to slag off 'x' player / make a snidey comment, all in the name of defending 'y' player'. Like what's the story? Can people not just comment on the performances and not let their love / hate for a player cloud their judgements. It's tedious.
Agreed, but to be fair Smalling does have (by far) the most vocal 'anti-player' posters these days. The lengths that some people go to to slag him off is ridiculous. That does push some people who would otherwise perhaps be neutral into being more 'pro-player' than they really should be, trying to negate the amount of rubbish. Personally, although I am a self-confessed Smalling fan (and have been since his debut season), I try my best to avoid doing that and stay as neutral as possible and point out his actual mistakes.

Robbie Boy

Agreed, but to be fair Smalling does have (by far) the most vocal 'anti-player' posters these days. The lengths that some people go to to slag him off is ridiculous. That does push some people who would otherwise perhaps be neutral into being more 'pro-player' than they really should be, trying to negate the amount of rubbish. Personally, although I am a self-confessed Smalling fan (and have been since his debut season), I try my best to avoid doing that and stay as neutral as possible and point out his actual mistakes.
On the other hand I've seen a poster the other week call someone a 'wanker' because they criticised Smalling. I mean, come on. Yeah he gets stick but there's some in that thread that bring it on themselves. It's probably one of the worst threads on here so it's best to leave a comment and get out of there ASAP.

Kostov

Strongly reminds me of Koscielny. Brilliant defender prone to the occasional lapses. Even Kos had some trouble with own goals, until he ironed it out.
Koscielny never had the talent Bailly has. In my opinion Bailly has already played games at a level Koscielny never achieved.

A-man

I have no idea what it is but I just don’t see the same thing that others do in Bailly. I actually think he was the stand out negative today.
He is one of my absolute favourites in United and I believe he is among the absolute best CBs in the PL. However I think he get a little too praised today, beacause he is everybody's favourite, everybody loves him, etc and back from long absence. All other CBs would be hung high if they invited back Liverpool in the game like he did.

I think he did overall good, some good things and some bad. Some of his normally very good timing was not there and he got fooled sometimes like when Firmino dribbled him, don't think that would happen when he is 100% up to speed. Then of course the own goal. That was really clumsy but also something that is less likely to have happened if he had had some games.

Dont think he will play Sevilla.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
He was genuinely class aside from the ridiculous own goal

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Because they were not only WC, but also generational CB's, atleast in the case of Rio.

Bailly will probably end up WC if injuries permits, but I don't see him in the same tier as those two.
People are praising Ramos as this generation best defender. I will put anything on the table saying this, if Bailly keeps fit, he'll be a much better defender than Ramos.

And I didn't say that he'll be better than Ferdinand or Vidic. But he'll be one of United best player.

Gopher Brown

Thought he was brilliant today except for that inexplicable own goal. Smalling was great too.

Water Melon

Lacks match rhythm, but is one hell of a CB. The goal was sublime too :D

devips

Yes, that's the point I was trying to make

A-man

People are praising Ramos as this generation best defender. I will put anything on the table saying this, if Bailly keeps fit, he'll be a much better defender than Ramos.

And I didn't say that he'll be better than Ferdinand or Vidic. But he'll be one of United best player.
I dont think he is close to Ramos, but who knows what the future holds. Ramos is not only a good defender and leader, he has scored more than 70 goals for Real Madrid. And some of those were really important ones, like the 90+ min header in the CL final. He has won everything: world cup, Euro, CL, la liga... and most of those titles several times.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The guy is weird. Likeable weird but still fecking weird. I didn't even think it was possible to score an own goal from such an acute angle until he did.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
A big problem there is Bailly's relative weakness in the air, something that Ramos is very strong at. Bailly is also, while being arguably our best with the ball at his feet, nowhere near as good as Ramos at that. Ramos is also a big-game player.

If he can reach a similar level to Ramos I'm sure we'll all be ecstatic.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A big problem there is Bailly's relative weakness in the air, something that Ramos is very strong at. Bailly is also, while being arguably our best with the ball at his feet, nowhere near as good as Ramos at that. Ramos is also a big-game player.

If he can reach a similar level to Ramos I'm sure we'll all be ecstatic.
Of course! Although I don't really rate Ramos in the GOATs level, but not denying his world-class level. That being said, I honestly think Bailly's ceiling is higher.

Heading can be taught. With more experience, usually player learnt more about the ball trajectory and how to time his jump.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I dont think he is close to Ramos, but who knows what the future holds. Ramos is not only a good defender and leader, he has scored more than 70 goals for Real Madrid. And some of those were really important ones, like the 90+ min header in the CL final. He has won everything: world cup, Euro, CL, la liga... and most of those titles several times.
Trophies are hard to compete, as it depends on so many factors. And I really don't measure CB by the amount of goals he's scored. Baresi only scored like 17 goals in his whole career. Desailly had 23, Ferdinand had 14 goals.

DancingPanda

that pirouette had me laughing. he is gone for months, and then he comes back and does that? one of my favorites of the team, and I rarely says that about a CB.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I thought he was absolutely fecking monstrous today. No match fitness and against undoubtedly one of the best attacks in world football. What a purchase he was.

engulfing

Our best defender without a doubt. Boy have we missed him! Though he was still man of the match in spite of the own goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.