Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Web of Bissaka

Can your centre back do this? Can he? feck of virgin van dick!
:drool: Shiii, damn, it's like this pitch is his. He played with this much confidence.

Edit: This is the difference, that confidence and composure, that dominating I-own-this-pitch plays are what we miss from our team. Rashford played with the same "arrogance" way first half.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I missed him. That first half pirouette was hilarious.

Absurd own goal, but altogether our defence is so much better with him.

izec

He is prone to some weird/funny mistakes sometimes, like the own goal. He came back after quite some time, still rusty, but he was very good

automaticflare

This guy has everything to be the best center half in the world.
Reminds me so much of how Ramos played when he was much younger

LoneStar

Despite that own goal, he brings so much confidence at the back. Easily our best defender. Smalling and him link up well too. Great to have him back, was extremely disappointing when I thought he was injured again.

Great to have him back at a crucial part of the season.

ManUtd1999

Played great after the own goal. That was impressive to see in such a game.

Well played!

Idxomer

He is the reincarnation of Jones. Great defender but susceptible to lapses of concentration and overdoing bits of play when the best approach is no nonsense defending.

He's still young though and should get better if he gets over his injuries.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Had a long break from football and Jose said not long ago he shouldn't play full 90 minutes this month. Looked extremely energetic anyway.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He is the reincarnation of Jones. Great defender but susceptible to lapses of concentration and overdoing bits of play when the best approach is no nonsense defending.

He's still young though and should get better if he gets over his injuries.
I'd argue at his best he's far better defensively than Jones though already.

EyeInTheSky

Anyone see or hear any comments about the knock he took. Was it the same ankle he had the operation on?

Today he showed exactly what we were missing. Great defensive tenacity and composure and distribution into advanced areas. It just makes the shape and aura of the team far more composed and positive.

Hitchez

I'd argue at his best he's far better defensively than Jones though already.
This is gross exaggeration. Phil Jones is excellent defensively when he's not injured as he's repeatedly proved throughout his time here.

Trizy

I will never know why he went with his left for that ball. That aside, he was an absolute rock. Our most important defender.

I'm ignoring the o.g because we won. 10/10 defensive performance.

Fluctuation0161

He's quality. We've missed him! I hope he wasn't playing through injury last few minutes today because that's how he caused his previous long term injury!

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Mistake aside solid performance. We’ve missed him big.
Yep he was immense today. I'm surprised Smalling has been rated above him on here. I think that's probably due to the own goal as aside from that he was a total beast. Great technique. Loads of measured aggression and a desire to fight on when he had taken a few knocks. Well played

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Awful own goal but take that out, it was a dominant confident performance we haven't had for a long time from a CB.

Nice to have somebody who gets tight, actually tackles a forward and then doesn't panic on the ball!

Yes he is a bit crazy at times but he is our best CB on the floor by miles.

Bobski

Something about him reminds me of guys like Evra and Rafael with their aggressive energy, crowd feeds off that type of player.

Web of Bissaka

The hilarious part is he gave it away right after while having acres of space :lol:
Ah yes :lol: damn it this guy is so hilarious.

It's been that long being this excited and amused from just the defensive performance of a defender in both an exciting and hilarious manners.

The last and the only one is Nemanja Vidic, funny, amazing and exciting defender.

devips

It was a silly childish dig. Have a look at his posts in the Smalling thread. He's one of those that won't hear a word of critisom again Smalling and thinks the world and it's dog is out to get him.
Ha, I'm just anticipating what you and your ilk do in Smalling, Lingard and Mctominay threads. To spare you the trouble actually.

FujiVice

This is a young kid with a big set of hairy balls on him. feck the own goal, he was fantastic.

Best defensive performance we've seen from one of our players in months. Shows how far away the likes of Smalling and Jones are from the required standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.