Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
One of my favourite players :drool:

Glad to have him back, the OG was terrible, glad it didn’t cost us though.
Think him and Smalling will form a fantastic partnership going forward.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think the injury was a fake one. The type where you pretend you're hurt to get attention off the fact you scored against yourself.
I thought so too, but I'm sure the reason was different. We needed for break to be as big as possible, so that Liverpool wouldn't have gotten the momentum going — and thanks to Bailly we've got it. Reminds me of the famous Varela moment in 1950.

devips

That goal was not Bailley's mistake actually. Smalling should have been at the goal line to save the miskick.
(anticipating comments in the post match Smalling thread)

Baxter

Got himself in a tangle for the goal, but he makes such a difference. Has all the attributes to be at the very top, just hope he can get a run and keep himself fit now.

Monstrous game against one of the best attacks in Europe in his first start in months... fecking beast I've missed him. Hopefully him coming back will be a catalyst for us defending more confidently till the end of the season. Shame about the own goal but now that we've won I can truly appreciate what a cracking finish it was

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
That goal was not Bailley's mistake actually. Smalling should have been at the goal line to save the miskick.
(anticipating comments in the post match Smalling thread)
Nah it was still an error, even if he was left exposed, still shouldn't have been putting it in like that.

Silas

Thought he was a tank today. Had a shocker with the own goal, but other than that I thought he was great against one of the best attacks in the league. His confidence on the ball has been missed.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Immense performance, imo he deserves MOTM as much as Rashford.

Hope he can stay fit now, because he really is a class above our other CB's. If we get someone equally as good as him then we will be set centrally in defense for years

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Can your centre back do this? Can he? feck of virgin van dick!

The No.10!

Apart from the performance, obviously, the mentality and grit he showed after getting the knack was absolutely stunning. He is calm, composed, confident and a ball player. Eric Bailly is going to go down as one of the greatest CBs for the club, and you can quote me on that.

Kostov

An own goal and sometimes he fecks around too much, but he brings character to our backline that no other of our CBs has. Bailly and Smalling as our CBs from now on.

Robbie Boy

Nah it was still an error, even if he was left exposed, still shouldn't have been putting it in like that.
It was a silly childish dig. Have a look at his posts in the Smalling thread. He's one of those that won't hear a word of critisom again Smalling and thinks the world and it's dog is out to get him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best center back in the league. Seriously. Without him, our entire defence is a mess and we leak chances to everyone. Today, he comes back after months out, against Liverpool who probably have one of the best attacks in europe, and they didn't create a chance all game. Just hope the guy can stay fit.

Unlucky with the own goal but it can happen. Still a brilliant performance.

binary bot
You really forget what you're missing.

His ability to recover is sensational and very few will beat him for pace. Excellent at covering his defenders.

Prodigy24

Never seen a more entertaining defender in my life. Was excellent despite that weird goal. Absolute beast and comedic gold. :devil: :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Despite the brain fart for Liverpool's goal Bailly has been a huge miss for us. He was, on the whole, absolutely immense today. Thinking back on some of the abject one vs one defending we've witnessed in his absence, had Bailly been fit for the last couple of months there's no way we're losing to the likes of Newcastle etc.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Can your centre back do this? Can he? feck of virgin van dick!
Well, yeah but he promptly gave the ball away and conceded a chance. He still has his moments but he was brilliant today. No question he should start beside Smalling from here on in. They looked great together.

Irrational.

He adds so much steel and composure to our midfield. :drool:

Our defence is simply transformed with him there. Just needs to stay clear of injuries and try not to get too excited every now and then.

The OG and giving the ball away after the bit of skill were two examples of when he just got a bit carried away.

Awesome, awesome player. He is going to be absolutely world class.

ZAGREB RED

Pleased to him back in from the start today, OG was Jones-esque but he did very well apart from that, especially considering it was his first start in a long spell.
Have to say it, I think he and van Dijk would be awesome together at CB.

Ritish

Absolute Beast of a performance. Some brilliant moments from him. Some sloppy moments too, but straight back from injury, an absolute fantastic game for him. Crucial time for him to be back too, with important games round the corner.

EyeInTheSky

A comical attempt at a clearance from him but massively unlucky that it went where it did, try that a million times and it never goes anywhere near the goal.

Aside from that an absolute beast even when he had a limp as a result of the own goal. This is exactly what we were missing for months and it is clear why we struggled while he was out.

podurban2

Great having him back, wouldn’t swap him for any other CB in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.