Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanche7

You beautiful, weird, funny man, so good to have you back :)
An absolute steal for 30 mill and whoever scouted him deserves a raise
Just wish he was not so injury prone

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I think the injury was a fake one. The type where you pretend you're hurt to get attention off the fact you scored against yourself.
The stoppage killed any momentum Liverpool might have built up after the goal. Very smart.

PieCrust

Overall, good match against Liverpool. Good to see him not subbed off towards the end when he picked up a knock.

My only problem with him is that he's still too reckless and seems like a red card waiting to happen. Definately a lot of potential to be the best CB in the squad, but for me Smalling is still #1 choice with a toss up between Bailly and Jones for #2.

Last season Bailly was #1, and I expect him to regain that spot next season if he can overcome is injury issues from this season. but this year has been a downer for him and brings up some doubts as the injury crisis United always seems to face at CB in recent history.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Overall, good match against Liverpool. Good to see him not subbed off towards the end when he picked up a knock.

My only problem with him is that he's still too reckless and seems like a red card waiting to happen. Definately a lot of potential to be the best CB in the squad, but for me Smalling is still #1 choice with a toss up between Bailly and Jones for #2.

Last season Bailly was #1, and I expect him to regain that spot next season if he can overcome is injury issues from this season. but this year has been a downer for him and brings up some doubts as the injury crisis United always seems to face at CB in recent history.
Bailly is literally the reason we are solid at the back. The second he got injured, our defence collapsed and looked shaky until this game, where he made his comeback. It's not like it's a small difference. Bailly is head and shoulders above any other defender we have and the stats support how big of a difference he makes.

Also saying he's reckless and a red card waiting to happen... why exactly? Literally something that wouldn't be said if he was French or English or German. Has nothing to do with how he plays, because he never dives in recklessly into tackles where he's far away from the ball, he doesn't get many yellows, and is generally pretty composed. He's a bit crazy in little things he does like his roulette, but that has nothing to do with that. He's strong, firm, the right amount of aggression and just a well balanced defender. If hes too aggressive and reckless then Vidic would've been a red card waiting to happen (which he obviously wasnt).

mav_9me

He plays with that kind of aggression but to me he is much more careful in the box and I don't feel he is a red card waiting.

PieCrust

Bailly is literally the reason we are solid at the back. The second he got injured, our defence collapsed and looked shaky until this game, where he made his comeback. It's not like it's a small difference. Bailly is head and shoulders above any other defender we have and the stats support how big of a difference he makes.

Also saying he's reckless and a red card waiting to happen... why exactly? Literally something that wouldn't be said if he was French or English or German. Has nothing to do with how he plays, because he never dives in recklessly into tackles where he's far away from the ball, he doesn't get many yellows, and is generally pretty composed. He's a bit crazy in little things he does like his roulette, but that has nothing to do with that. He's strong, firm, the right amount of aggression and just a well balanced defender. If hes too aggressive and reckless then Vidic would've been a red card waiting to happen (which he obviously wasnt).
He dives in recklessly quite often. I appreciate his aggression, but he's not always in control and he gets away with a lot of questionable challenges in my book. You can disagree, but almost every match he plays, I can point to a 2 or 3 challenges that are borderline. That's great as long as he can get away with it, but at times he is reckless. There's a difference between pushing the line and being reckless and Bailly hasn't fully discovered it yet.

At the end of the day, I really like what he offers United at CB. He just has some maturing to do and hopefully can stay healthy.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He dives in recklessly quite often. I appreciate his aggression, but he's not always in control and he gets away with a lot of questionable challenges in my book. You can disagree, but almost every match he plays, I can point to a 2 or 3 challenges that are borderline. That's great as long as he can get away with it, but at times he is reckless. There's a difference between pushing the line and being reckless and Bailly hasn't fully discovered it yet.

At the end of the day, I really like what he offers United at CB. He just has some maturing to do and hopefully can stay healthy.
That reminds me exactly of Vidic, he would put in a few rugby tackles a game that would completely clean out another player. He was very good at getting away with these type of tackles.

I think you need that in a defender, because it puts fear into the attackers.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Apart from own goal he was just great. Superb defender and very good footballer. He skills when under pressure just made me laugh and that was nervous laugh.

Robbie Boy

Ha, I'm just anticipating what you and your ilk do in Smalling, Lingard and Mctominay threads. To spare you the trouble actually.
Praised Scotty McT and big Chris today. Can't comment on Linners wasn't on long enough. It's ok your pro-Smalling agenda is silly. You slag off others just to praise him. Tut tut silly carry on.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Strongly reminds me of Koscielny. Brilliant defender prone to the occasional lapses. Even Kos had some trouble with own goals, until he ironed it out.

pascell

You beautiful, weird, funny man, so good to have you back :)
An absolute steal for 30 mill and whoever scouted him deserves a raise
Just wish he was not so injury prone
He's just young and enjoys a tackle, if we manage him well until the end of the season he'll be fine. Was good having him back today

Wal2Fra

He did really well after the OG. He didn't try to hard to rectify his error, just got on with the game and ended with a solid all round performance.

Our backline is so much stronger with him in and he will get better too. BEAST!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I have no idea what it is but I just don’t see the same thing that others do in Bailly. I actually think he was the stand out negative today.

red_de_pologne

hope he becomes a rock in our defence but as of now he doesn't fill me with confidence, has some crazy moments, didn't he do a turnaround dribble almost in the middle of the field? thought it was risky and unnecessary, although made me laugh

EyeInTheSky

To be fair he did do a stupid lung into the back of Mane right at the end in the penalty area when Mane was going away from goal right on the the line.

NinjaFletch

I have no idea what it is but I just don’t see the same thing that others do in Bailly. I actually think he was the stand out negative today.
Nah I think he had a good game. But I do find it very weird how much praise a centre back who conceded a comical own goal and through his mistake let the other team back into the game.

If Liverpool had ended up getting something today this thread would be a bloodbath.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If he stays healthy, he'll reach the De Gea level on becoming one of the best player in the history of Manchester United.

That's how much I rate him.

GM K

A real maverick.

Capable of delivering beauty and disaster in one breath.

Incredible talent.

ti vu

Great match from him, the OG was just bad luck.
Just disagree on the own goal. Not bad luck. It's risky turning, clearing with your weaker foot that kind of the cross. Why take the risk when the game still had long time to go? Sure if it's desperate attempt when we 're exposed at the back and he is the last man have do everything to try to get to the balll before opposition. Not this time. So it's something that needed to be ironed out with experience.

Other than that, clearly a very good performance. Have the aura of a top defender with him. Effortless at time with his defending while can instantly turn to a beast aggressively.

GM K

Nah I think he had a good game. But I do find it very weird how much praise a centre back who conceded a comical own goal and through his mistake let the other team back into the game.

If Liverpool had ended up getting something today this thread would be a bloodbath.
Welcome to the world of football mate. :)

Robbie Boy

If Liverpool had of gotten anything after we led two nil at halftime, the whole forum would have been an unbearable negative read. Means feck all. He had a great game and made one stupid error.

Canagel

Surely you can see the difference he makes in terms of our build up play and composure. His aggression helps us play on the front foot and just our all round play is massively improved with Bailly. I feel a lot more confident with him than the likes of Jones/Rojo.

devips

Praised Scotty McT and big Chris today. Can't comment on Linners wasn't on long enough. It's ok your pro-Smalling agenda is silly. You slag off others just to praise him. Tut tut silly carry on.
Not pro anyone, but I do dislike incessant agenda posts against our own non-glamorous players. Even today, in that thread about our defence being good, someone praised Bailly and De Gea for the solidity in our defence through the season! Imagine!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
If he stays healthy, he'll reach the De Gea level on becoming one of the best player in the history of Manchester United.

That's how much I rate him.
Woooahh, reel it in there.

Even if he fullfills his potential he won't get near players as recent as Vidic and Rio for example.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

If Liverpool came back then I would put most of the blame on Mata for missing a sitter. That chance was so easy that we should have been 3-0 up at half time, and the game would be dead.

Web of Bissaka

That's fine. True, there are negatives today of his performances, but I felt he did a lot more positive contributions and what he brings to the team is much much more than the negatives thing he can do and tend to do which can easily cost our team.

That's our Bailly. Need to improve that drawbacks of his, or not and become like Ramos.

Robbie Boy

Not pro anyone, but I do dislike incessant agenda posts against our own non-glamorous players. Even today, in that thread about our defence being good, someone praised Bailly and De Gea for the solidity in our defence through the season! Imagine!
Nah sorry pro-player agendas are equally as bad as the anti ones. Performance threads should be used for a particular performance and not for people to vehemently defend their favourite players. If Smalling was shite today I would have said it in his thread, but he was good so I said it. Lingard has had an excellent season for the most part so I've praised him for it. His end product used to be nowhere near good enough so I criticised him. Scott was good today and deserves praise but for example, first half against Seville he was shite so I said it. He was good second half so I also said that.

Player performance threads have become a pro and an anti player battle these days, makes them tedious. Why couldn't you just come in here and praise Bailly without the snidey Smalling comment? I hate this whole 'having to slag off 'x' player / make a snidey comment, all in the name of defending 'y' player'. Like what's the story? Can people not just comment on the performances and not let their love / hate for a player cloud their judgements. It's tedious.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
why can't he reach that level? He is only 23? Never put a celing on a player's potential.
Because they were not only WC, but also generational CB's, atleast in the case of Rio.

Bailly will probably end up WC if injuries permits, but I don't see him in the same tier as those two.

TsuWave

Woooahh, reel it in there.

Even if he fullfills his potential he won't get near players as recent as Vidic and Rio for example.
why?

Vidic is my favorite United defender of all time and I don't see why Bailly can't "get near" him or Rio

Status
Not open for further replies.