Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedIke

I think of him as a more athletic Vidic. He is a delight to watch.

When other players are tired and jogging and not closing down aggressively, here comes crazy ass Eric flying in and challenging the opponents soul.

Bulldogg

He's our best defender imo....Still capable of a fvck up every now and then but i think that will disappear from his game eventually.

Jib

Very good again. Our best CB and easily top 3 in the league.

Redpimp

Top notch defender. If he played the Huddersfield game, there is no chance in hell that their players could put 2 pass DDG !

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought his passing was pretty bad against Spurs, kept just lumping it into the air for no apparent reason.

Defensively sound though, we miss his pace and aggression when he isn't playing.

OldTrevil

He was understandably rust with his passing and didn't want to take any risk in such a game. His defensive quality and aggression is fantastic though. I'd also like to see Eric with Tuanzebe as a CB pair, it's a potentially great partnership. We have amazing depth at CB that's for sure.

Red_toad

He was understandably rust with his passing and didn't want to take any risk in such a game. His defensive quality and aggression is fantastic though. I'd also like to see Eric with Tuanzebe as a CB pair, it's a potentially great partnership. We have amazing depth at CB that's for sure.
Neither are good enough in the air. Would be exposed at set pieces.

OldTrevil

Neither are good enough in the air. Would be exposed at set pieces.
Eric isn't great in the air that I agree, I reserve judgement with Axel. They have everything else you want in a CB partnership though, and they have room for further improvement given their age.

Idxomer

He shares a lot of traits with Phil Jones.

That's why it becomes a nightmare to play against them in a back three with Smalling who is quite different from them.

Rossa

Is he the most agile big defender ever? Look at the video above and how he is able to get up so quickly after falling over, which leads me to question his balance, as he is quite often on the ground, although he is quick to get back up. So, extremely agile, but poor balance?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
There have been a number of games where you have to just think what the feck is he playing at. Don't get me wrong he good. But he is so overrated on here. The constant Bailly + 1 or we need a new partner for Bailly is nonsense. He isn't even close to being our undisputed best CB.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
There have been a number of games where you have to just think what the feck is he playing at. Don't get me wrong he good. But he is so overrated on here. The constant Bailly + 1 or we need a new partner for Bailly is nonsense. He isn't even close to being our undisputed best CB.
Aye, I like him but he is really overrated. Both Smalling and Jones are far better.

Nick7

Shocking passing tonight. He seems to have a game like this in him. Has happened a couple of times.

El Zoido

I don’t get all the criticism today, he’s been fairly solid overall but that was a horrendous mistake.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I don’t get all the criticism today, he’s been fairly solid overall but that was a horrendous mistake.
He's been anything but solid. Made that unnecessary shove that could've been a pen and a couple of very clumsy clearances that only invited pressure on us in the first half. Got a yellow too. All in all, a pretty bad game for him.

That said, all of our defenders have had their fair share of similar horrid performances. Using one game to declare someone overrated in relation to the others is pointless.

Bailly has his flaws but he's supremely talented player.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Still a bit of a liability for me. Definitely overrated on here.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Worst game in a United shirt?
I'd say the game he played against Saint-Etienne was worse than tonight, I remember watching it and was amazed at how poor he was, considering when I'd seen him before he'd been very impressive

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bailly had some very shaky moments tonight. Almost as if at times he just lost all concentration. No idea where that came from. Might have been the least composed he's looked since St Etienne (H) last season.

Bobski

He struggles with his concentration. I trust him in the big games, the challenge keeps him switched on but sometimes against lesser sides he just lacks focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.