Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Wasn't really that good today. Many silly mistakes and seems out of concentration. Never mind but we need him fully concentrated the next game.

kundalini

Reckless performance.

Could easily have given away a penalty and gifted them a goal.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I love him. Risk taking is what makes him a good player imo. Sometimes it doesn't work and he looks shambolic, but other times he looks like a world beater.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He has those days where he just looks like he doesn't care and becomes far too comfortable.

TsuWave

Good players have bad games, it happens. the pendulum seems to always swing to extremes in this place

Womp

idiot
Looked sloppy today, needs to make sure he's at his best for Chelsea, can't have that again.

Loublaze

ATLien
Not a chance, There's always a mistake in him, I don't trust him at all.
So tell me when Smalling last made a mistake he was punished for? Even Jones made three against Spurs in the first half. He collided with De Gea, played a loose pass to the opposition and inexplicably let the ball roll past him in the 18 inviting pressure. He was also shambolic alongside Bailly in the 2-2 draw at Stoke when both were at fault for their goals. Smalling has managed a clean sheet in all but one competitive game this season and it was Mata and Lindelof who fecked up against Huddersfield. So again, where are the mistakes this season?

TsuWave

I remember Bailly cleaning up after Smalling at least once just this weekend gone

like i said, this place always swings to extremes, he had a bad match and all of a sudden Jones and Smalling are far better despite this:

When Eric Bailly has started a Premier League game for United the club have won 61.3 per cent of their games.

without Bailly in the first XI United only win 35.3 per cent of games.
we are tons more solid with him in the team. its def Bailly+1, however, he's still young and rash and will have bad games.

Last edited:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’ve never really understood the hype around Bailly. He will need to improve a lot to justify the praise he gets on here.

Andersons Dietician

He has performances like this every so often. On his day he is maybe the best defender but always capable of a nervy performance like tonight

Sylar

Sloppy performance. But thankfully a needed 90 minutes for him and he got through it with United winning and not conceding (thanks to some luck of course).
Hoping its him and Jones for the weekend though

AP88

Supports
Man City
Back to Bailly, for me he is currently a liability; he's literally Kolo Toure reincarnated. Pure chaos. Not saying he can never become more refined, but for now I'd make him mature in a more peripheral role.

Given the leftback issue, I'd stick him out there for a while; Gallas played there for Mourinho in his first spell at Chelsea, and he possesses similar attributes. His amusing three-tackle cameo earlier today in the wide left position showed he's capable out there, and the introduction of Smalling will add a no-nonsense, destructive element to the defense that was sorely lacking today; for me, he deals with the Cameroonian dude fairly easily.
I still believe this - given the current leftback lottery he’d be best utilised there while he develops. He’s looking amateurish too often, and it could be costly. I’d even trial him in midfield next to Matic, as Herrera can’t seem to play with him.

It seems he’s disproportionately absolved of criticism on here; if Smalling or Jones did some of the things he did tonight they’d be brutalised. He was a shambles

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
The Caf and knee jerk reactions is a better love story than Twilight. One mediocre game and all of a sudden "He's been shaky all season".

RooneyLegend

Could be a great 3rd choice defender here through his time, the brown role. Doesn't seem to have the consistency in all types of matches that comes with star defenders.

haram

I said he worries and makes me nervous at times... thats probably why.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I love him. Risk taking is what makes him a good player imo. Sometimes it doesn't work and he looks shambolic, but other times he looks like a world beater.
He has those days where he just looks like he doesn't care and becomes far too comfortable.
Agree with both. Thing with Bailly is he's a bit of an eccentric who might iron out these inconsistencies as he becomes a more mature player but at the moment he's very instinctive and plays with emotion. Which means if he's up for a game, he's flawless and big games he is usually one of our best players but in games where we should easily win - he gets bored and starts doing silly shit.

Have no doubt he will be one of our better players against Chelsea. Any team would want a Bailly in their side flaws and all.

Jib

Not good yesterday but he's still our best CB...and he's only 23 !

Last edited:

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Sloppy with the ball and can't build a proper attack from him, but he is a good defender.

He was okay against Spurs and okay again yesterday. He is building is fitness back, and obviously he needs to provide something great on Sunday at Chelsea.

He seems too confident in his technical abilities and sometimes just defend like a raw child, but actually like Smalling and Jones, he is a real defender and hopefully with more maturity he will develop better.

I am just wainting Perez's call from Madrid in three years once Ramos will be older....

Fahad Jawaid

Poor performance from him, Smalling was better than him last night and this season however he is a good young player so we need to keep faith in him, hopefully he brings his A game against Chelsea on Sunday.

Cereal Killer

Could be a great 3rd choice defender here through his time, the brown role. Doesn't seem to have the consistency in all types of matches that comes with star defenders.
Good thing De Gea and Vidic were both consistent when they joined United :smirk: - give him some time!

I’ve never really understood the hype around Bailly. He will need to improve a lot to justify the praise he gets on here.
I really was shocked when I read that - how someone cannot see the massive potential in him is bewildering.

The great thing about Bailly is that he takes risks. That's something you have to do if you want to master the art of defending and eventually develop into a consistent and world class CB, which I very well think he will be.

On his day the guy is an absolute monster, and the best thing about it is that he does it all while looking like he gives zero fu***.

Can't wait for him to do that week-in week-out.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Not good yesterday but he's still our best CB...and he's only 23 !
Potentially yes but currently no where near. Jones is certainly playing better and i'd probably opt for Smalling over him at the moment too. He was extremely poor last night and could have cost us.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Drifts in and out too much right now. I wouldnt say he's a sloppy player but he seems to lose focus too often currently

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Bailly in a season or two will be top 3 cbs in the world. He has concentration issues which tend to get better with age. Fantastic signing and one of my favorite players atm.

Bwuk

Absolutely love Bailly.

He was shite last night though.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Almost like it's too easy for him, he loses concentration and must turn things complicated so he can have some fun, like risking a penalty, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.