Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

melatonin

It is a bit of a worry how injury prone Bailly has been at United.

Great player when fit but we need him to be fit.
Bailly's not injury-prone, I wish some of our fans would stop this crap.
How have you come to the conclusion he's not injury prone?

Seems to be injured quite a lot. Especially this season, barely seen him

He's being injured twice this season according to soccerway

Groin Strain 17/11/17 - now

Groin Strain 06/10/17 - 26/10/17

Djemba-Djemba

He's being injured twice this season according to soccerway

Groin Strain 17/11/17 - now

Groin Strain 06/10/17 - 26/10/17
So he's been available for about 3 weeks since the start of October. It's mid December and Jose has said he's seriously injured so you'd expect him to be out for a long time. That would sound like someone injury prone to me.

el3mel

Mourinho says Bailly may require a surgery. Well that looks like a very long injury it's then.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't we just have a fully fit squad for a sustained period ffs?

kotha

Oh god! Not one more injury.. :(

It sounded like a regular injury with not much updates and now suddenly it's a season ending one.. :houllier:

Giggsyking

As I wrote earlier this week about his injury. I expected 2 degree tear of adductor longus muscle but obviously its the 3rd degree, complete rupture it will take 3 months.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Oh god! Not one more injury.. :(

It sounded like a regular injury with not much updates and now suddenly it's a season ending one.. :houllier:
Always seems to be the case at United.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shite news. Started off the season really well too, and then a few injuries and now this.

Womp

idiot
Our best defender, love how aggressive he is when closing players down and winning the ball back high up the pitch, miss seeing him play. Seems he's going to be out for a while too.

ti vu

Just caught the news.

Our defender curse is alive alright. We could have like dozen of defenders and may still end up with this crisis.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
When did he injure his ankle? He played 90 mins against Chelsea before International break. Since then he didn't play at all.

We are blessed and cursed when it comes to CB position. We have very good CBs but we always have CBs injured.

Micky Targaryen

Our centre backs:

Bailly - Our best defender but currently out injured. Might require surgery.
Jones - Very solid but unfortunately very injury prone.
Lindelof - Still adapting to the PL and hopefully will continue improving.
Rojo - Solid and sometimes makes very rash decisions. Have been in and out of injuries lately.
Smalling - IMO, our most awkward defender. Awkward passing style and almost always seem to have a mistake or two in him.
Tuanzebe - Haven't seen him enough in PL games to have a proper judgement.

Should we satisfied with our current defensive options? Or should we sell one or two and bring in new defenders in the summer?

Miss the days of the Rio-Vidic brick wall playing week in week out.

ti vu

Our centre backs:

Bailly - Our best defender but currently out injured. Might require surgery.
Jones - Very solid but unfortunately very injury prone.
Lindelof - Still adapting to the PL and hopefully will continue improving.
Rojo - Solid and sometimes makes very rash decisions. Have been in and out of injuries lately.
Smalling - IMO, our most awkward defender. Awkward passing style and almost always seem to have a mistake or two in him.
Tuanzebe - Haven't seen him enough in PL games to have a proper judgement.

Should we satisfied with our current defensive options? Or should we sell one or two and bring in new defenders in the summer?

Miss the days of the Rio-Vidic brick wall playing week in week out.
We don't have that luxury. Seems like whoever we bought end up with injury problem as if it's requirement. Even Vida in his healthy period was in &I out with injury. Milan tie was an example. The next season, he missed semi vs Barcelona which Brown stepped up big time or we're cursing our injury curse instead of having fond memory of winning CL. In later years, Rio, Vida, Evans, Jones, Smalling were all crocks. Felt as if they're not o Ly rotating within the squad, but also the physic room.

Micky Targaryen

We don't have that luxury. Seems like whoever we bought end up with injury problem as if it's requirement. Even Vida in his healthy period was in &I out with injury. Milan tie was an example. The next season, he missed semi vs Barcelona which Brown stepped up big time or we're cursing our injury curse instead of having fond memory of winning CL. In later years, Rio, Vida, Evans, Jones, Smalling were all crocks. Felt as if they're not o Ly rotating within the squad, but also the physic room.
Yeah fair points. But even so, our options of Rio, Vidic, Evra, Brown and even O'Shea, I would trust any of them to put in a shift. But for me, right now the only defenders I'm confident of is Bailly and Jones and both just can't seem to stay fully fit this season. :(

Alabaster Codify7

Our best CB, likely to miss most of the season, bollocks.

Our remaining options are good enough mind, to see us through. Not as good as Bailly, but good enough. He just adds a level of coolness back there, without him we seem like a bunch of panicky headless chickens - not bad CB's, just lacking in composure.

Varun

Staff

Our remaining options are good enough mind, to see us through. Not as good as Bailly, but good enough. He just adds a level of coolness back there, without him we seem like a bunch of panicky headless chickens - not bad CB's, just lacking in composure.
He's anything but cool or composed imo.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm gutted about this. It's not just the way he plays, it's also his mentality we'll be missing. The team needs as many hard bastards as possible on the pitch. A bloody shame if he's out for a long time..

Kostov

He is anything but cool :houllier:

Very disappointing to lose Bailly to injury, we have the personnel to manage without him, but gutted to see him miss so much football. Lets hope he recovers completely.

Coxy

Damn, when I saw he was injury prone on football manager I thought they’d got it wrong - guess not :(

Canagel

I hope he isn't out for too long. Would he be back in time for the start of the CL knockouts? We have some really important games around that time and if we reach the Carabao Cup final it could be a season defining period with the FA Cup 4th round in there too.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Lindelof's deal makes great amount of sense now and if eventually Bailly becomes fit again, it's gonna be hell of a defensive pair.

T A

He's our only central defender that has necessary technical ability and confidence in term of building from the back. Unlike Lindelof, even under pressure, Bailly could hold the ball very well and deliver it anytime he wanted.

That helps a lot when the team is surrounded by opponent's consecutive sieges. Bailly can be starting point of a counter-attack, he can make an accurately pass to attacking triggers readily waiting on opponent's side instead of kicking the ball in vain.

Combining with extraordinary defensive skills, he is definitely a big miss for us

Status
Not open for further replies.