Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersonson

The only reason he wants to stay is the salary. He know he wont play, and rightly so. He could get game time in Newcastle though, atleast some

Infestissumam

this is what happens when you hand out contract extensions and high wages like candy ... no motivation for fringe players to move on. It'll be years until we've cleaned up this mess.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
this is what happens when you hand out contract extensions and high wages like candy ... no motivation for fringe players to move on. It'll be years until we've cleaned up this mess.
I have been saying for ages that some of our players just see us as their local gym.

LoneStar

It's hard to believe this guy is still at the club. Phil Jones has probably played more than him in recent seasons. Baffling why he is still kept. Better to move him on even at a lower transfer price.

Gandalf

Couple of French clubs were interested last year, hopefully this brings on of them (or anyone) to the table.
I think the issue is that he is nobodys first choice but as the better prospects are snapped up he will start to appeal to those teams who are missing out on their top targets. I think he is most likely going to end up back in Spain given he made his reputation there and is still viewed as a legitimate talent. Would certainly think Villareal would come calling if Torres is sold.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The feck is up with fat that man I know he's always dabbled in some make believe but he wasn't always this bad, was he?

I get the feeling he lost his sources and just decided send an occasional tweet during his holiday.

I can see us getting fleeced for 8.5m. No way is that our asking price, not in a million years. Didn't we valuate Pereira at a similar number and Jones at 15m thereabouts?

ThanksBoss26

I think the issue is that he is nobodys first choice but as the better prospects are snapped up he will start to appeal to those teams who are missing out on their top targets. I think he is most likely going to end up back in Spain given he made his reputation there and is still viewed as a legitimate talent. Would certainly think Villareal would come calling if Torres is sold.
Fair point

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There are several P.L clubs who would improve a lot with Bailly - Leeds and the newly promoted clubs more than most
I think if clubs wanted him wed have seen a concrete interest. Theres still time left but not enough if we then want to do business after sales.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Don't think he's a gamble for 8.5m that really doesn't buy you much these days.
I think signing him at any price is a gamble. You can’t build your defence around a crock. And he even manages to get constantly injured as third or fourth choice. Plus he’ll no doubt expect hefty wages to go with that fee. Just don’t see him as a remotely appealing player for any PL club.

arthurka

I think signing him at any price is a gamble. You can’t build your defence around a crock. And he even manages to get constantly injured as third or fourth choice. Plus he’ll no doubt expect hefty wages to go with that fee. Just don’t see him as a remotely appealing player for any PL club.
Not much there is to debate with what you just said. Just forgot that he is always injured and probably on a very high wages.

NoPace

Wonder if Villareal would take 6-8M off the Pau Torres price to get him back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If not for his fitness record I’d be happy for him to play if he stays. Was underused last season, and stood up with a few big performances, only to be discarded in favour of terribly performing alternatives. Was brought in from the cold at Stamford Bridge of all places and was outstanding. One man defence in Bergamo too while Harry Maguire was being useless alongside him. He’s also excellent on the ball, extremely composed and brings it out very well, although not a world-class passer. He’s our fastest centre-half too. He’s made mistakes in the past, and has out in the worst defensive display I’ve possibly ever seen away in Paris on that special night, but defenders are not guaranteed to be error prone forever.

Anyway, I'm happy for him to go, but he’s worth more than 8.5m in my books, unless he has a year left or something. He should fetch at least 15m on this market, and I think he can go to a Champions League level club.

lysglimt

Scout
Bailly doesn't have much to offer. Constantly injured, poor and/or reckless when he isn't.
For a club like Leeds, he would look quality. He isn't a bad defender for us either, just not good enough. But there is a huge gap between where we want to be - and where Leeds or Fulham are.

jeepers

Without his injuries and brain farts, he would be a top, top aggressive front foot defender. Injuries can’t be helped, but the brain farts unfortunately I don’t believe can be coached out of him. Too bad, on his day, I still believe he is the second best CB at the club at present, behind Varane, who hasn’t been great nor injury-free either. Shame.

stevoc

For a club like Leeds, he would look quality.* He isn't a bad defender for us either, just not good enough. But there is a huge gap between where we want to be - and where Leeds or Fulham are.
*When he's fit and when he decides not to play like an absolute lunatic.

Rossa

If not for his fitness record I’d be happy for him to play if he stays. Was underused last season, and stood up with a few big performances, only to be discarded in favour of terribly performing alternatives. Was brought in from the cold at Stamford Bridge of all places and was outstanding. One man defence in Bergamo too while Harry Maguire was being useless alongside him. He’s also excellent on the ball, extremely composed and brings it out very well, although not a world-class passer. He’s our fastest centre-half too. He’s made mistakes in the past, and has out in the worst defensive display I’ve possibly ever seen away in Paris on that special night, but defenders are not guaranteed to be error prone forever.

Anyway, I'm happy for him to go, but he’s worth more than 8.5m in my books, unless he has a year left or something. He should fetch at least 15m on this market, and I think he can go to a Champions League level club.
Agree with this. A high line with Varane and Bailly could work very well. Varane is outstanding in the air, and Bailly still better than Lindelof.

Even Bailly could not have produced more brainfarts than Maguire last season, and he would have provides us with serious pace at the back and some impressive athletic involvements that are dangerous but brilliant to watch

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
There's obviously a player in there, really hoped experience would calm him down but that clearly hasn't happened.

Seems a very, very likely sale and may well go on to do well.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Come on Jose you owe us for lumbering us with him in the first place

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There's obviously a player in there, really hoped experience would calm him down but that clearly hasn't happened.

Seems a very, very likely sale and may well go on to do well.
We’re not really in a position to say that. ‘Experience’ surely isn’t simply the calendar going by. What experience would have looked like would have been a few seasons of being a regular football, the odd mistake included and hopefully decreasing over time. He’s either not been fit enough to play or overlooked when fit. Ole had a clear favour for Lindelöf and Maguire from the beginning, and Rangnick mixed those two up with Varane.

We actually haven’t seen what becoming an experienced, seasoned centre half would have done for him. What I will say though, is we have not moved on to a non error-prone partnership in his absence, so I do feel he should have featured a bit more in hindsight. His injuries haven’t helped, and he’s also pretty poor in the air.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He has attitude issue and is injured most of the time. 10m is a decent deal for us if we can offload him for that

criticalanalysis

Imagine Bailly doing a feint, step over or cruyff turn in his own box to beat a press, turn and then pass it to Van De Beek, who lets it roll between his legs for a dummy, which then goes to De Jong and off we go up the pitch as he dribbles pass 2 players :drool:

Kag

Scary to think he’s been here for six full seasons. He’s 28 and has played in 20 games league games over the past three seasons. There is a player in there, but injuries have been his ruin. He’s also a bit of an idiot, which isn’t going to change.

Got to go.

edcunited1878

Bailly is the opposite of Lingard. Actually has the ability and so many people continue to give him the benefit of the doubt, way more than he deserves. But he's a glass house and has so many mental breakdowns during matches that he burns you too many times in a matter of weeks.

Also, his African Cup of Nations fiasco is totally unacceptable. He breached the trust of the club and interim manager. Then came back late when recalled and injured.

AFC NimbleThumb

Scary to think he’s been here for six full seasons. He’s 28 and has played in 20 games league games over the past three seasons. There is a player in there, but injuries have been his ruin. He’s also a bit of an idiot, which isn’t going to change.

Got to go.
:eek:

They grow up so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.