Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 348 43.4%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 453 56.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

IrishRedDevil

ten Hag at Old Trafford. I bet the Sky reporter is furious he isn't at Old Trafford getting pushed around by a security guard :lol:

SAF is the GOAT

I think it's because one of Ajax fan here said his communication is weak/poor/awkward and if he can't do it in his native language, he would struggle a lot communicating in English. I think this point was made few months ago and like any other topics, all it takes is one poster to say something and other posters just copies that into their posts.
If he's have a success communicating with Steve MCclaren - its fine by me

allen7

Let’s be honest, it’s impossible task for ETH to work with this squad. The players won’t like to do the hard work and will continue their leaks and turn on him like they did to Mou, Ole, Ralf.

He needs to clear many players from this squad and it’ll take time.

Trex

I'm happy Ten hag mentioned multiple times we finished second last season, some players need to go and signings need to be made but a lot of the job is on the training ground.

JustinC00

Whether the board wants the rebuild or not, we’re about to loose 50% of the first team, they don’t have much choice.
Board to ETH about that: "We have Martial, DVB, Garner, Diallo, Chong, Williams, Tuanzebe, Pellistri, Pereira and Laird all returning from loan. That should be well enough with the 2 players we decide to buy for you"

devips

We had 2 weeks less pre-season than everyone last year meaning an astoundingly short break and we had 5 games in 8 days after the protests. Amazingly we started and ended the season very poorly. It’s odd how that context is totally ignored when the “74” points line is trotted out yet the same people are so understanding of the context around everyone else. Almost like they have an agenda.
They do have an agenda.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You can't argue the facts; this side finished second and almost won the EL 12 months ago. The additions of Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo were supposed to propel an already good side to one capable of challenging for the title. There is no logical answer as to why it all went to shit this season, truly, but we know the talent is there.
The talent is there. But not necessarily in the right positions.
It was obvious that lack of creative and defensive midfield was always going to an issue. And unfortunately, VDB didn't impress. And Bruno has had a terrible season.

But it is the almost total inability to coach and improve players that has held United back. And that needs to be fixed urgently.

HJ12

Why don't I see it on the MUTV schedule? Is it restricted to the UK only?

Brophs

The One and Only
Sneaky little QR code peeking out of his jacket pocket. Always be branding.

Vapor trail

Interesting that he mentioned a few times us finishing 2nd last season. Not sure what to take from that.
Think many people have disregarded this outcome more to do with Ole and the quality of football which are valid circumstances to critique this league place finish. But considering the team finished on 74 points that season that would be a third place finish this season.

People can knock the quality of the league in that particular period but a 75 point range finish is not capable with a team as bad as many make out with this bunch.

The biggest issue this season has been a morale, mentality and chemistry issue which are intangibles more so than a lack of ability.

ManRed

Interesting that he mentioned a few times us finishing 2nd last season. Not sure what to take from that.
He is reminding the team that they are better than this and there is quality in the squad. He can't replace the whole 11 so needs the team to believe that this was a one off.

HJ12

I like how he cuts off dumb questions with shortened answers, and doesn't seem to entertain it further.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Wasnt giving anything away in that press conference. Wants every decision communicated with the staff and players before the media get anything out of him which is the way it should be

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The talent is there. But not necessarily in the right positions.
It was obvious that lack of creative and defensive midfield was always going to an issue. And unfortunately, VDB didn't impress. And Bruno has had a terrible season.

But it is the almost total inability to coach and improve players that has held United back. And that needs to be fixed urgently.
I agree the coaching hasn't been anywhere near the required standard. I can't think of a single member of the squad who has shown any real progression over the last couple of years, quite the opposite if anything. It doesn't look good on Ole and the coaching staff does it.

Fixing the midfield has to be the priority for this summer for ETH and the transfer department. We haven't had a competent central midfielder since Carrick retard a decade ago.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Everyone gets a new chance.

He doesn't sound very interested in what Ralf thinks :lol:
The best way to be really. Take his advice on board but make your own decision. Rangnick may look for different things in a player that he doesn't like etc.

At the end of the day ETH is the manager now, it should be his choice.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Everyone gets a new chance.

He doesn't sound very interested in what Ralf thinks :lol:
I wasn't sure what to make of it, he was quite nice about Maguire and the squad but he barely said anything positive about Ralf. It wasn't negative but it sounded like he had nothing good to say.

Olecurls99

No but gotta do something about the gaping hole in MF, need at least 2 there. Need a FW. Need a RB. Need a CB. That's 5 signings. 5 signings is decent start at a rebuild. The 1-2 approved by the board signings is just peppering over huge cracks. There should be no manager worth his merit to look at this United squad from this year and think "ya but this group of players came 2nd a year ago". It either makes him incompetent to think that or it's him speaking with the board already and them telling him "make due". I don't think that's unreasonable expectation for a new manager to get at least 3-4 guys that he hand picks because they fit his play style. But here we go again with a new manager coming out with "it's a fine team already" shite that is clearly marching orders from the board. But I already got a sense of that when reports came out that Andreas Pereira was being looked at to being brought back into the team and the fact there is absolutely zero solid links to any players. It really wouldn't surprise me if we start the season with a Fred-McTominay Then again this is the same club that spent 55m on Fred but is balking out a similar price for a player that ETH has worked with before at a position of great need.
Why is everybody saying we need a centre back? We've got 7 of them. 1 is world class, 4 of them are good PL centre backs and 2 are talented youngsters. Centre back is definitely the last place we should be looking to buy.

Dear God not another centre back

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't get top carried away with his answers. For example the club have told Bissaka to leave. He has made his decisions.

R'hllor

Everyone get a new chance or not, its his call at the end and if he is serious about giving all those cnuts a 2nd chance, he shouldnt fully unpack, thats my prediction. At start shit might look bright, people will say how good manager makes clear difference, suddenly players perform but slowly when shit gets a bit darker, rot will come out and we will have same old crap.

Hope i am wrong, best of luck to him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Everyone get a new chance or not, its his call at the end and if he is serious about giving all those cnuts a 2nd chance, he shouldnt fully unpack, thats my prediction. At start shit might look bright, people will say how good manager makes clear difference, suddenly players perform but slowly when shit gets a bit darker, rot will come out and we will have same old crap.

Hope i am wrong, best of luck to him.
Just relax a bit. This guy is not going to discuss anything, or give a hint of anything which should remain behind the scenes. It's the right thing no matter how we feel.

We have a huge problem with the press setting the narrative (a negative one) and I feel that some of the players really buy into that which is a huge detriment. We need the manager to be in control but don't give anything away to the opposition which in this case is the press. Let him do his thing.

Tavern in the town

Not arsed about him being terse with the press but you’d hope he has a bit more charisma about him when it comes to dealing with the players.

R'hllor

Just relax a bit. This guy is not going to discuss anything, or give a hint of anything which should remain behind the scenes. It's the right thing no matter how we feel.

We have a huge problem with the press setting the narrative (a negative one) and I feel that some of the players really buy into that which is a huge detriment. We need the manager to be in control but don't give anything away to the opposition which in this case is the press. Let him do his thing.
No i know that, said if, regardless what he said in press conference. Nobody is stopping him doing his job, nor i had a go, just made a prediction if he fecks up very first decisions regardin these pricks, thats all.

Jonesno.8

Out come the panic merchants,that is nothing more than a bog standard answer,he'll be ripping this pile of crap squad up pretty quickly.
100% this. His first day, he is literally going to keep the press at arms length until he knows what he wants and what is realistic for the club. The next presser when he has had time to work with some of them will be the one to read a bit more into.

Are the players off on holidays now and if so is it June 28th they are back??