Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 615 55.7%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 489 44.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Paul778

Motivation is key for any human being. Best managers make players better because they can inspire them and motivate them. Look what Fergie or Klopp can get from average players.
We won’t sack half the squad anyway, so telling them that they are bad will not help. If someone can find the right place he can help the team.
I'm sorry. Yes but no.

Whilst in most seasons i would agree that a good manager can make an average player good and a good player great (and the contrary), with so many bad apples this season is the exception to prove the rule.

Having players regularly this season:
- bleating to the media because they don't get their way
- repeatedly making themselves unavailable for matches and training
- being struck down by phantom injuries
- jogging around the pitch when picked or brought on and not putting the necessary effort in both on and off the ball

These are all professionals paid hundreds of thousands a week to do their job. I don't care if they feel Ragnick is a supply teacher who's stealing a living, they are paid by the club to go out there and do their best for the shirt, the club, the fans.

Some of these players have already thrown multiple managers under the bus. If Keane was still in the dressing room some of them would have ended up at A&E.

For god sake Eric, get them out and get players in who care about the team and doing well collectively.

Grande

I'm sorry. Yes but no.

Whilst in most seasons i would agree that a good manager can make an average player good and a good player great (and the contrary), with so many bad apples this season is the exception to prove the rule.

- jogging around the pitch when picked or brought on and not putting the necessary effort in both on and off the ball

These are all professionals paid hundreds of thousands a week to do their job. I don't care if they feel Rangnick is a supply teacher who's stealing a living, they are paid by the club to go out there and do their best for the shirt, the club, the fans.

Some of these players have already thrown multiple managers under the bus. If Keane was still in the dressing room some of them would have ended up at A&E.

For god sake Eric, get them out and get players in who care about the team and doing well collectively.
Some/many of them are already on the way out. If you think anyone would let as much as ten players leave at once before a season of potentially 60 games, I don’t think you connect enough with reality.

And no one would hold their first press conference, not having met the squad even, announcing heads to be rollen, regardless of the situation. Not Pep, nor Klopp, nor Fergie, nor anyone else. The idea is just ludicrous.

Blood Mage

We're actually getting excited for the arrival of new backroom staff additions, that's how shit things have been at United for the past few years. When Fergie was here I don't think anyone gave a feck who his coaching staff were.

sparx99

I'm sorry. Yes but no.

These are all professionals paid hundreds of thousands a week to do their job. I don't care if they feel Rangnick is a supply teacher who's stealing a living, they are paid by the club to go out there and do their best for the shirt, the club, the fans.

The squad is going to be significantly smaller even without making major sales. Rebuilding a team spirit and then having zero tolerance for leaks etc should sort that crap out quickly.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The media are a joke! He’s been here less then a week and there already calling him ‘Erik Ten Month’ meaning they think he’ll be sacked very quick. Disrespectful. He’s going to show everyone up and the more hate we get means there starting to be afraid of us.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
We're actually getting excited for the arrival of new backroom staff additions, that's how shit things have been at United for the past few years. When Fergie was here I don't think anyone gave a feck who his coaching staff were.
Not true. Glad Phelan is gone though - thanks Mike.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Ten hag will be fed to the dogs, everyone is waiting for the right opportunity to ridicule him and show him as a bit of a clown who is out of his depth at utd.

He will need full support of the fans to not only take on the press and others but also the snakes in the dressing room with their pals in the media.

However, I fear that is too much to ask from our fans anymore.

dove

Ten hag will be fed to the dogs, everyone is waiting for the right opportunity to ridicule him and show him as a bit of a clown who is out of his depth at utd.

He will need full support of the fans to not only take on the press and others but also the snakes in the dressing room with their pals in the media.

Lots of completely baseless points. As long as he doesn't look completely out of his depth like some of our former managers here, he will be fine. Our fans are as patient as it gets.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Lots of completely baseless points. As long as he doesn't look completely out of his depth like some of our former managers here, he will be fine. Our fans are as patient as it gets.
These players would make prime saf look out of his depth, but then again prime saf wouldn't have these snakes anywhere near the dressing room.

Basically turd cannot be polished.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

The same fans who clapped Moyes and Ole off the pitch as we got bodied 4-0 by Liverpool?