Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 666 44.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 816 55.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Laurencio

Surely, this is just about age group thingy?

No way RR, or ETH would look at Rashford and think he's on the verge of reaching his career peak. He looks like he's retiring stage of his career. He's currently seriously bad.
Well naturally, but it does seem like Ten Hag believes he can coach Rashford into a much better player than he has been this season - which he probably can tbh.

Real Name

“Gaps” that need to be filled club again pressing ETH to go mainly with the staff already here. Sad, this is exactly why we are the most dysfunctional club in thw world
Jesus Chris man, take a brake from all this negativity.

Kaos

Well naturally, but it does seem like Ten Hag believes he can coach Rashford into a much better player than he has been this season - which he probably can tbh.
Rashford’s issue has been an attitude one, not a coaching one. You can’t coach your players to give a feck.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I cannot pretend that I am excited about the appointment. A manager who has never managed a team in top flight leagues of world football, does not inspire confidence, especially when the abject failure of ex-Ajax manager De Boer at Palace is so fresh in the mind (and he is not alone).

He has not got the force of personality that this club so desperately needs, just to try and make work the shambles that exists above him and below him

Neither does the departure of top scouts at the club make up for the utter incompetence that has existed under the ownership of our football club which has allowed bankers to rule the roost over which players should and should not come in.

Until the hierarchy is dealt with, even the likes of Conte would have his work cut out. But at least we would hear about it. And there would be some ass kicking. We don't need another compliant inexperience manager who will bow to player power.

He will, of course, get my full support!!
They are not comparable to be honest. Ajax I don't think were ever as good as they are now in the Eredivisie under De Boer, and they got knocked out the CL in the group stage every year he was there.

Ten Hag took them to within inches of the final a couple of seasons ago, and they arguably should have made the QF again this season as they battered Benfica over the two legs. They were superb in the group stages too.

It's also reassuring I think that he lost some players from the CL semi final team, yet managed to replace them and build another competitive team in Europe.

Orange Tree

I take everything said about ETH's opinions on the squad with a pinch of salt.

SAF is the GOAT

Even Klopp got 5 years before he won the league

First year he finished in 8th place, second year he finished 4th , third year he finished 4th, fourth season he finished second

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s great to finally have a proper manager coming in. Since Ferguson, we hired a mid-table never was, two managers years and years past their peak and an ex-player with no experience at the top level.

Ole’s reign was a real low-point, because you could see a large portion of the fanbase backing someone who was running the club into the ground, building a terrible squad, and allowing a lazy, entitled demeanor to take over the squad. The lack of intensity and instruction in his brand of “coaching” has done real damage to some our players careers.

It’s great, that with all the negative press and woeful state we are in, that at the very least, we will have a real, modern coach with credentials and a vision in charge of the club.

No matter what people say, the manager continues to be the key figure at the very top of the game and we finally have one with merit. It’s a start.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
4 groups? I somehow doubt Jamie Jackson has this level of detailed info
Me too. He’s hardly saying something you’d need sources for or that is going to be proven right or wrong. “He thinks some players are experienced, and some are young.”

CatpissMartini

Even Klopp got 5 years before he won the league

First year he finished in 8th place, second year he finished 4th , third year he finished 4th, fourth season he finished second
:rolleyes:
Didn't take long for the usual "Klopp 4/5 year plan " talk to start

can his bum hit the seat first!

MalaysianRed7

Bullshit I call. Such a cheap and easy tweet.
Feels like overoptimism bias here. Jamie Jackson is possibly the most reliable journalist when it comes to United, and many reports have said for months now that the squad are divided over Ten Hag.

Whatever it is though, I hope he gets rid of every single player against him, as it won’t be that hard to identify them. Can’t have him undermined immediately.

wolvored

At last. We get a manager before the summer transfer window and a clean slate. Good luck ETH!

L1nk

Not like he has much choice with Bruno, but the only one i'd disagree with really is McTominay

Hughie77

Something was telling me it be announced soon after the Anfield shit show. PR department or either after that crap on show they adhered to all his demands.
I'm glad to see it's been announced before the end of the season, perhaps the players will now know to show some passion at least and try.

ETH , needs time there is no pressure on him yet progress that's all we want to see. And new players will need a season or so to settle as well. I'd take 6th next season and progress in playing style.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Not like he has much choice with Bruno, but the only one i'd disagree with really is McTominay
I'm sure ETH is more aware of McT footballing ability than us to be fair.

L1nk

I'm sure ETH is more aware of McT footballing ability than us to be fair.
Maybe he is, but we can only say what we see. Which is that whenever I watch McTominay play he looks awful, he hides, and is more often than not completely anonymous, you get maybe 1 great game out of every 10 with him, that's the evidence we have to go on

DeGea’sFeet

Welcome ten Hag. Hope he gets the support he needs and deserves. Not really financially, as I think most of our managers have been given very good funds, but more in regards to structure, no interference, a proper scouting team and the board not allowing players to undermine him by going to Fletcher or another director etc to get time off or resolve issues.

As an aside. A lot was said about some players not wanting ten Hag and this view being shared by many ex players now pundits. It’s interesting that Gary Neville, the most vocal on social media hasn’t liked the announcement tweet or commented. I think the biggest problem Ten Hag will face will come from ex players turned pundits and the media especially if he starts dropping the ones we all know should be dropped but that never get called out by the pundits and media.

Remember ladies & gents the football will be easy to criticise early on and they will criticise it especially when we draw/lose and our possession doesn’t result in many chances.
But with patience, coaching and the right players that will change.

jem

According to Jamie Jackson, some members of the squad are underwhelmed by the appointment. I would love to know which of these pathetic, man-gimps would have the nerve to be underwhelmed by anything other than their own useless football existences.