g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Rista

Over the past 10 years, we really do love to stick in our heels and make sure bad managers can do as much damage as possible for as long as possible.

How many matches of absolutely horrendous football, how many injuries from terrible prep and impossible tactics, how big a nosedive in morale and confidence…and we consistently do nothing.

Just let it build and build and fester and fester and make sure we absolutely maximize the damage on all fronts before we make a change.

It’s unbearable and totally needless. Why is he still here?
"We're not a sacking club".

jesperjaap

Why are people suggesting that if we get rid of Ten Hag it means the players will have a clean slate under the new manager?

The next squad is going to be put together by football people above the manager. Sure, the manager might have a say over player X, Y or Z, but all players presented will fit the criteria of a footballer that those above the manager want to see. Jim has already said players who aren’t performing for a couple of seasons will be moved on.

The fact that we know all but Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund will be available this summer for the right price tells you players aren’t safe anymore, regardless of who’s in charge.
I hate the new slate narrative as half this squad havehadabout four clean slates already.Tenhag has had more todeal with than most like Greenwood, Ronaldo and terrible injury list this season......

But, the points, goal difference, chances conceded, fact we have beensecond best regardless of results 90% of games, can coutthe good performances this year on one hand AND the amount of signings he has made, nearly everyone of them look like expensive flops.........and most did before we signed them to me.

We DO need a fresh slate, it isnt Ten Hag or the players....its both Shaw, Martinez and maybe Fernandes should be added to thenot sell list.....pretty much every other player I couldnt care less andmost, be happy if they are sold

izec

Over the past 10 years, we really do love to stick in our heels and make sure bad managers can do as much damage as possible for as long as possible.

How many matches of absolutely horrendous football, how many injuries from terrible prep and impossible tactics, how big a nosedive in morale and confidence…and we consistently do nothing.

Just let it build and build and fester and fester and make sure we absolutely maximize the damage on all fronts before we make a change.

We wait for him to turn into Fergie. Until we are 99.9% sure this isnt the case, he will continue. We are at 99.5 currently.

Telsim

He has been very fortunate these last couples of matches have been so spaced out. Things settle down and fade away. But next week is Hell Week for him and his team. 3 games in quick succession against strong teams. The GD sits and -3 right now. It would not surprise me at all to see it at -15 at the conclusion of the season. This is what I expect of this team now.

giggs-beckham

Clueless

Completely agree. We've taken too long with our last 3 managers now

HookedOnAPhelan

Yes if we could only sack him everything would be okay.

izec

If we keep him for next season, it is another complete write off of a season. Midtable looms. He needs sacking, pronto. We are on course to finish 8th. Heads need to roll. His needs to be chopped off first.

Revan

Assumptionman
"We're not a sacking club".
We’re not a manager sacking club, more precisely.

The same people who say that wouldn’t mind sacking the managers staff, almost all the players and pretty much everyone else in the club. But the manager, no, that’s when you become heretic.

We had this with Ole too. Keep Ole but sack his assistants McKenna and Carrick. Flash forward 2 years later, it seems that it was Ole who was clueless while McKenna seems like one of the most promising young managers in football (double promotion in his first 2 years as manager).

Revan

Assumptionman
If we keep him for next season, it is another complete write off of a season. Midtable looms. He needs sacking, pronto. We are on course to finish 8th. Heads need to roll. His needs to be chopped off first.
It probably won’t even be mid table. It has been going from bad to terrible for more than a year now. The more this team becomes EtH’s team, the worse it becomes. We are 15th in xPts, we essentially have been incredibly lucky this season (and have some pretty good players).

Give EtH another season and we will be a bottom half team, probably a team who is fighting releagation.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We’re not a manager sacking club, more precisely.

The same people who say that wouldn’t mind sacking the managers staff, almost all the players and pretty much everyone else in the club. But the manager, no, that’s when you become heretic.

We had this with Ole too. Keep Ole but sack his assistants McKenna and Carrick. Flash forward 2 years later, it seems that it was Ole who was clueless while McKenna seems like one of the most promising young managers in football (double promotion in his first 2 years as manager).
The strange thing about that is that it's the most damaging thing you can do for the club in terms of finances and stability, especially when people call for it every over year. Which makes the idea that we need to keep the manager due to wanting stability a bit foolish.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
The strange thing about that it is the most damaging thing you can do for the club in terms of finances and stability, especially when people call for it every over year. Which makes the idea that we need to keep the manager due to wanting stability a bit foolish.
It’s beyond idiotic.

Over the last month I have seen hundreds of posts that can be summarized as ‘let’s first put the structure in place, see how EtH works next season and then let’s decide. Let’s also immediately replace half the players’.

The financial cost of the first thing is 6.5m, the financial cost of the second is in the hundreds of millions. I would have taken these posts seriously, if there was a carte blanc for everyone, but that clearly is not the intention. The intention is to continue worshipping the manager.

Marcelinho87

I like Steve, fond memories of his time under SAF so I am happy for him to remain, so long as any new team is happy to work alongside him, which I suspect they will.

spwd

So you think that it's on purpose? I think that Rashford and the efficiency of our attack relies heavily on Shaw and Martial, and Rashford is the one benefitting the most from it. I don't think that he is letting us down but that he is kind of limited and nothing has been done by the coaching staff to help the team create more opportunities or space for our attackers.
Yes I do. Rasmus runs his ass off despite hardly being passed to. Comparing those two is like night and day.
I'm honestly surprised you feel he's trying.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
The strange thing about that is that it's the most damaging thing you can do for the club in terms of finances and stability, especially when people call for it every over year. Which makes the idea that we need to keep the manager due to wanting stability a bit foolish.
And if the rumours are true, it looks like INEOS has fallen for that stupid line of reasoning, as apparently all but 3 players are up for sale.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Yes I do. Rasmus runs his ass off despite hardly being passed to. Comparing those two is like night and day.
No, he runs his arse off into positions where he CAN'T be passed to.

spwd

Far more shocking than the people saying we should always give them more time.
If we'd booted them all sooner I believe we would be in a far better position than we are now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't think that he is trying less than when we were praising him and to be clear Rashford isn't a trier, for reference Martial under Mourinho had more defensive actions in our half than Rashford. Now the facts are that statistically the only remarkable difference is that he has scored and assisted less and his xG/xAG are worse. But in every other aspects of the game he is in the same tiers

When it comes to Rashford we tend to be prisoners of the outcome..

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
And if the rumours are true, it looks like INEOS has fallen for that stupid line of reasoning, as apparently all but 3 players are up for sale.
I'd be surprised if he isn't sacked soon after the season is over. Hopefully they'll be wise with the new appointment. It also makes sense, regardless who comes in, if this club is thinking long-term to build for the future and be open to offers for most players.

stevoc

All that story said was they'd listen to good offers for anyone. We're obviously not selling 10-20 players in one window.

stevoc

This is INEOS, they aren't known for the best decision making in football.
Perhaps but I think they've enough experience in football now to know you can't replace virtually an entire squad over 1-2 years. Chelsea tried it, United tried it under LVG and while United haven't been as drastic under Ten Hag we have significantly turned the squad over since 2022 with questionable results.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Arrogant clown. You don't need to be the next football Einstein to see the guy is clueless.

I hope he runs his mouth after we feck him off and he loses his pay-off. Sick of reading his deluded comments.

BorisManUtd

Shots fired.

I have very little actual knowledge of football and zero knowledge about managing a football team. But I still think we've got team good enough not to have minus 3 goal difference. -3 that'll probably get worse as we face Arsenal, Newcastle and Brighton.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Maybe there is a clause that he needs to finished at least 5-6. Once it mathethically impossible to finish 5-6, ETH will walk with less compensation. Once we lose to Arsenal, Ineos can sack without paying more. If ETH was sack 4-5 months ago, we could be comfortably in 4-5 spot instead of going nowhere at 8. Whoever runs this club is a joke.