g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Basically no manager should ever be sacked on that basis. We should always be 'patient'.

mu4c_20le

It's truly remarkable that he doesn't see himself as the problem at all, after personally approving 450m on dross.

Rockets Redglare

I can’t believe how quickly I’ve gone off the bald tosspot. He’s completely lost his head and is coming across as an arrogant know it all cnut, with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Based Adnan

The audacity to come out with that quote when we're one of the worst coached teams in the league, guys a clown

mu4c_20le

We could really use a crying emoji. Maybe with ten hag at the wheel for a few more years and we'll get one

Blood Mage

If he wants to protect his reputation he needs to find a new club and re-establish himself because it has fallen apart for him here and he needs to accept that.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Now I get what that statement reminds me of. Theresa May's 'Nothing has changed' and assorted Tories' favourite of 'we've been clear' while being a total shitshow.

The Firestarter

We’re not a manager sacking club, more precisely.

The same people who say that wouldn’t mind sacking the managers staff, almost all the players and pretty much everyone else in the club. But the manager, no, that’s when you become heretic.

We had this with Ole too. Keep Ole but sack his assistants McKenna and Carrick. Flash forward 2 years later, it seems that it was Ole who was clueless while McKenna seems like one of the most promising young managers in football (double promotion in his first 2 years as manager).
Every manager can turn into SAF God like figure. It has happened one many times , which is a lot because its larger than zero. Therefore , by definition The Manager is always right and everyone else who opposes them is stupid and has no idea how to manage their taxes let alone a football club. Erik cannot be held accountable for spending 400 million on players unsuitable for the Premier league because even though he insisted on having control over transfers it should not have been provided to him because its not a job for a manager. Even though technically it is, by definition of the manager vs head coach, but those are some tiny details.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

We could really use a crying emoji. Maybe with ten hag at the wheel for a few more years and we'll get one
Yep. Arteta being happy with EtH is no surprise considering that it means that United isn't a problem for Arsenal while he is (mis)managing it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Couldn’t tell if he was being genuine or not. But saying that he’s been through the same with Arsenal for a couple of years until he got the right balance in his squad.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yep. Arteta being happy with EtH is no surprise considering that it means that United isn't a problem for Arsenal while he is (mis)managing it.
One more instance of Arteta copying Pep's bullshit pre-game mind games.

What's hilarious is the sheep from the United fanbase who fall for it and think he's genuine ala Bruno being as good as bloody KdB.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I can’t believe how quickly I’ve gone off the bald tosspot. He’s completely lost his head and is coming across as an arrogant know it all cnut, with absolutely nothing to back it up.
Except a cup. And 2 fa cup finals in 2 seasons. I think Mark Goldbridge has said this before but if he can get to 2 FA cup finals with an absolute mess of a squad. Imagine what he could do with an half decent squad. It’s not been an easy journey to the final aswell, we’ve knocked out Liverpool.

mythz

This get worse day by day.

I am so done with this manager. Sack him after tommorow regardless. Just please Manchester United

Atheist

He likes to talk a lot, mostly little of substance and the gall to take potshots at your critics when you consider where the team is, the arrogance and delusion is something.

stevoc

Except a cup. And 2 fa cup finals in 2 seasons. I think Mark Goldbridge has said this before but if he can get to 2 FA cup finals with an absolute mess of a squad. Imagine what he could do with an half decent squad. It’s not been an easy journey to the final aswell, we’ve knocked out Liverpool.
Who built the majority of this squad exactly?

And outside of Liverpool our route to the final has been Wigan, Newport, Forest and Coventry.

Last edited:

Red00012

One more instance of Arteta copying Pep's bullshit pre-game mind games.

What's hilarious is the sheep from the United fanbase who fall for it and think he's genuine ala Bruno being as good as bloody KdB.
There is noone Falling for it at this stage

lost7

Yeah especially in the semi, super tough match against the mighty Coventry. FFS who cares about the FA cup, we have a negative goal difference at nearly end of the season in the league. That is genuinely shocking stuff, he needs to go because he's led us to our worst premier league season ever. We are behind Chelsea for goodness sake and they are so shyte

Atheist

Imagine counting FA Cup finals as achievements. Why just stop at finals? Maybe count semifinals too? Ole reached a bunch of them, I doubt anyone remembers them now but apparently we should all care about them as achievements because Ten Hag is doing it.

Malone_Post

Imagine counting FA Cup finals as achievements. Why just stop at finals? Maybe count semifinals too? Ole reached a bunch of them, I doubt anyone remembers them now but apparently we should all care about them as achievements because Ten Hag is doing it.
For a man who’s spent two years banging on about raising the standards, he’s sure as hell quick to lower them when it comes to defending himself.

Jezpeza

Can we look at our draws please:
League Cup 2023
Aston Villa (Pre Emery)
Burnley
Charlton
Forest
Newcastle
FA Cup 2023
Everton
Reading
West Ham
Fulham
Brighton
Man City
FA Cup 2024
Wigan
Newport
Forest
Liverpool
Coventry
Man City
Its been kind to say the least. Theres one remarkable result in there against a Liverpool team who it turned out had actually entered an end of Klopp slump.

I am tired of the ‘he got to X cup finals’ shite. The tombola spinner got us to 3 cup finals. The bald knob got wiped out by Newcastle C team, at home with his strongest available side in this years league cup.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He won a cup (don’t mention the name of the cup though).

Fallon d'Floor

The fact that you listen to Goldbridge or consume his content explains a lot. Are you 25 or younger?

It's often the young United fans who defend ten Hag the most. Probably because they can barely remember the SAF days.

That League Cup win last season probably felt like winning The Champions League to some. After a barren spell under Ole.

It's been an easy cup run. Liverpool have been the only difficult opponent, and we got the crucial home draw for that cup tie. We were strong favourites for the others.

Wigan - League One (12th)
Newport - League Two (18th)
Forest - Premier League (16th)
Liverpool - Premier League (3rd)
Coventry - Championship (9th)

Stop placing so much stock in domestic cup runs. They don't equate to league success.

Liverpool won The League Cup and reached The FA Cup final during the 11/12 season under Dalglish. It wasn't a stepping stone to anything. Liverpool were poor that season overall. They finished 8th on 52 points with a +7GD. They parted ways with a club legend after just 17 months.

In fact, Liverpool being more ruthless with managers post Benítez is what lead them to Klopp. They often used to give managers 5+ years and it went nowhere in the end. Hodgson, Dalglish and Rodgers were all moved on swiftly when a certain standard wasn't met. We should be acting similar.

Reactions: Fortitude

steffyr2

He has not been let down by his players who did not try and threw him under the bus, and by his management who could not get him all the players he wanted and abused by the press on unprecedented levels like ETH has been though.

ETH has been one of the most mistreated managers in history of football, by players, press, fans and club management.
He seems unlikeable, but it's hard to believe that he's so bad that an entire team of Man Utd players (plus players sold!) + Man Utd staff + the press would treat him at unprecedentedly bad level just for that reason.
Of course they haven't done that. He's just done a really bad job and people notice.

Tap

The mess of a squad that this Humpty dumpty fraud contributed to massively.

Ole and Mourinho got to cup finals as well. They too weren’t good enough.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The mess of a squad that this Humpty dumpty fraud contributed to massively.

Ole and Mourinho got to cup finals as well. They too weren’t good enough.
True as that may be, the answer is more than fair. He replied to a bit in bold that's exaggerative shite.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Mark Goldbridge wow. Not an easy journey to finals? Only decent team we played was Liverpool and that's at home. This is as easy as it can get.

Judas

Open to offers
I get why he's being spicy, but it doesn't really wash or do him any favours when its nine times out of ten followed by a dog shit performance from his team on the pitch. Arsenal game will be the same sadly, hopefully not, but I expect a very easy day for them.

Juicy Juiced

He is done.
I am in Bosnia, cousing weeding. Brazza is my close family (Hasan Salihamidzic). United is looking for new manager, and Bayern never ever was in Him.

Last edited:

hobbers

It was obvious Bayern were never interested in him. His agent touting for business because they know hes almost certainly sacked.

sparx99

Who built the majority of this squad exactly?

And outside of Liverpool our ruote to the final has been Wigan, Newport, Forest and Coventry.
9/25 isn’t a majority. It’s also not an insignificant amount of change either especially when his players haven’t been clear successes.

Ace

There certainly has to be a possible result tomorrow that is considered “sack-worthy”.

5-0 loss? 10-0? What do you think the line is and how have we not crossed it yet?

sparx99

Can we look at our draws please:
League Cup 2023
Aston Villa (Pre Emery)
Burnley
Charlton
Forest
Newcastle
FA Cup 2023
Everton
Reading
West Ham
Fulham
Brighton
Man City
FA Cup 2024
Wigan
Newport
Forest
Liverpool
Coventry
Man City
Its been kind to say the least. Theres one remarkable result in there against a Liverpool team who it turned out had actually entered an end of Klopp slump.

I am tired of the ‘he got to X cup finals’ shite. The tombola spinner got us to 3 cup finals. The bald knob got wiped out by Newcastle C team, at home with his strongest available side in this years league cup.
Those look like fairly typical draws to me. A mix of lower league teams and Premier League teams with the odd tough game is exactly how cup draws go. It’s more unlucky to meet multiple difficult teams before the later stages.

City have had it slightly tougher with Spurs, Newcastle and Chelsea this season but they also had three lower league teams last year along with Chelsea and Arsenal.