Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 666 44.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 816 55.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

croadyman

Give it to Ole until the end of the season. We might have a chance in the cup final.
Has a decent record against City to be fair but INEOS can't make the same error as March 2019. Fully expect the usual Utd journos to say no decision on Erik future until after Cup Final

Redfrog

Give it to Tommy Tuchel for a few games and lets see what he can do.
I honestly think that if ETH stays, we have no chance in the final.

It might be cruel to sack him right before the final but I can’t see us win this game with him t the helm.

Anyway, he will probably stay until the end of the season…

croadyman

The sad thing is I don't think he's even lost the dressing room. The players are trying out there, they are just being set up to fail.
Yep this is one of three reasons he won't be sacked before the Cup Final, other two is that mathematical can't make CL clause crap and of course the people still not in place BS too

Dannn411

Exactly the same way I feel too,just can't support a Utd manager who suffered such an utter annihilation
Yeah this is maybe even more critical than who the next coach is. We need to sell at least 7-10 players this summer. I dont care how it is done, but it needs to be done. If/when they Fire Ten Hag, the team behind the scenes should not hide behind the BS excuse of allowing the new manager to decide. They need to take action themselves from the first day of the off-season. Our situation has gone beyond the point of being patient with these feckless players. There were a minimum of 10 teams better than us on the PL this season if not more.

croadyman

If we could get a good manager in for the FA Cup final it wouldn't be pointless. I don't really care about the rest of the PL games tbh, keep him for those by all means since they're pointless anyway. A part of me does wonder if Bayern go out in the semis, would Tuchel be possible to bring in just before the FA Cup final since all his games with Bayern would be over.
Even if Bayern lost Utd wouldn't go and get him,also have doubts he would want to start straight away

Redfrog

Tried Amad upfront instead of Hojlund for 30 minutes...which should keep the crowd happy that bash EtH for not playing Amad.

Not much a manager can do if the team gives away a penalty in the last 10 mins every match...braindead players doing braindead things.
He can’t do much I agree. So he can leave…

He is completely out of his depth.

I can’t believe some are defending him yet.

Nicolarra90

Yeah this is maybe even more critical than who the next coach is. We need to sell at least 7-10 players this summer. I dont care how it is done, but it needs to be done. If/when they Fire Ten Hag, the team behind the scenes should not hide behind the BS excuse of allowing the new manager to decide. They need to take action themselves from the first day of the off-season. Our situation has gone beyond the point of being patient with these feckless players. There were a minimum of 10 teams better than us on the PL this season if not more.
Who are those 7-10 players?.
How many of them are recurrent first teamers and how many of them are ten hag signings?
To see if it will have any impact on the way we play.
Because of you tell me we need to sell the likes of Martial, Van de Beek or Brandon Williams... Well yes, but who cares.

croadyman

I am happy to go through the cycle if that's what it takes for the new structure to get it right

frostbite

Tried Amad upfront instead of Hojlund for 30 minutes...which should keep the crowd happy that bash EtH for not playing Amad.

Not much a manager can do if the team gives away a penalty in the last 10 mins every match...braindead players doing braindead things.
It was the goalkeeper that ETH brought here paying a lot of money that gave away the penalty. Not much a manager can do? ETH did a lot already, he wasted 400 million for zero gains.

Alpha 1

Not at all. I think he gets sacked end of season and as I’ve said for months now whatever INEOS decide to do I’ll back 100%.

We had enough chances to make it 2/3. We also didn’t get a penalty on Garnacho.

When you have teenagers and a young striker in the side you’re not going to always finish everything you should.

Antony alone had more xG than Burnley all game (minus the pen)
They also created alot of chances. With better strikers, they would have slaughtered us. It was really difficult to distinguish between ourselves and Burnley, we were so poor.

It's hard to fathom that you still defend Ten Hag. There must be some connection.

Alpha 1

xG arguments in favor of Ten Hag

xG arguments in favor of Ten Hag

Deflects when xG is used against Ten Hag. People moan because the performances, backed up by xG, show that we are performing worse than what our crap results show. Important to note the results (his best metric) are crap too. This is not a matter of simply demanding we win, and dominate with performances. United are crap by results, and even worse by performance (xG) standards.

The reason why this matters is because performances show the progression of your side grasping your manager's tactics and show whether your manager's tactics are worth believing or persisting with.

Klopp and Mourinho had rebuilding United sides in 2017/18.

2017/18 PL table
2. United with 81 pts, 68 goals scored, 28 goals conceded, +40 GD
4. Liverpool with 75 pts, 84 goals scored, 38 goals conceded, +46 GD

The results say that United are in a better position during the rebuild or at least tied. Anyone that watched could tell you de Gea was saving us that season. Anyone watching the performances can see that Klopp was doing a much better job. If Liverpool just put in superior players, his tactics which were showing great promise could lead to a further improvement, thus leading to big title challenges. The foundation was already working.

What a surprise that United end up sacking Mourinho next season, while Klopp goes on to get Liverpool to win the PL, CL, etc... in the following years.

Now let's look at underlying metrics.

2. United with xG 55.7, xGA 40.7, xGD +15
4. Liverpool with xG 72.9, xGA 33.8, xGD +39.1

Expected Points
2. Liverpool 79.38

6. United 62.33

This shows that United fans were right when thinking the performances were crap and results were misleading for Mourinho. The same is happening under Ten Hag, only worse.
@BenitoSTARR This. There is absolutely no sign that things will improve under Ten Hag. Our league position absolutely flatters us.

Last edited:

CM

Just to be clear, these are the League stats for each Manager after their first 72 PL Games. Ten Hag equal on points with LVG and a significantly worse GD.

Manager​
Win Rate %Loss Rate %CSGamesWDLGFGAGDPtsPts Per Game
Jose55.56%15.28%347240211111755+621411.96
Ole52.78%22.22%227238181612580+451321.83
Ten Hag54.17%29.17%257239122111094+161291.79
LVG51.39%23.61%287237181710467+371291.79

Since the League Cup Win we've played a total of 48 League Games and our points per game is 1.67 with a GD of +3
Interesting. Most losses by a margin, significantly more goals conceded and the worst goal difference by a huge margin.

The only thing somewhat in his favour is the win rate and even that has been propped up by last year, nor is it the best on the list. Obviously points wouldn't be a metric but what does it look like if you factor in all competitions?

croadyman

I reckon things like this will rub SJR up the wrong way, as it does us. It's laughable to compare the situations. Plus, imagine a Fergie side after spending £400m :drool: The money is truly wasted on these feckers.
He would have to go nuclear behind the scenes for Jim to sack him in next 8 days

Partridge

When I say struggling I mean it don’t be a sure thing, they’d be battling to come up

dont get me wrong, I do not think that is the level of most of these players but they struggle against lower league sides because of attitude and tactics
If you look back over the decades, we've historically taken a bit of a kicking against lower teams. However, this current squad have transcended that low, low, level, and displayed something close to maximum ineptitude in recent times. Periodically, we get a really good performance followed by absolute dross for a period of time. Our situation is a bit like the Shawshank redemption in nature, except there's infinite shite and no feckin redemption. Yet.

Nicolarra90

Interesting. Most losses by a margin, significantly more goals conceded and the worst goal difference by a huge margin.

The only thing somewhat in his favour is the win rate and even that has been propped up by last year, nor is it the best on the list. Obviously points wouldn't be a metric but what does it look like if you factor in all competitions?
Which is a pointless metric. Points per game is the way to go.

Alpha 1

Our goal was also a result of their mistake. We drew with a relegation zone team ffs.

croadyman

The quote about this team being entertaining and dynamic is all the confirmation needed to sack him. Spoofer
Yeah those quotes should be ringing alarm bells right now not after the FA Cup Final

CM

Which is a pointless metric. Points per game is the way to go.
I wouldn't say it's pointless but it can be misleading in isolation. He was leading that one for a long time but wouldn't have been performing well on the other metrics.

Redfrog

Nobody. But don't burst the bubble of the armchair experts in here who believe that if only we sacked the useless, incompetent dickhead currently in charge and hire the local drunk off the local pub "then yeah we might just knick it" in the cup final.
No right, just give ETH 1 billion more to spend. We could get another Antony on the left.
Who knows, we could even buy Wout on a permanent transfer for 100 millions so he can show Bruno how to play at 10 .

croadyman

Tuchel would obviously be a mammoth upgrade on Ten Hag, a better manager in every fathomable department.

He’d also be really easy to sack if things go south.

So could prove to be a perfect bridge candidate while Ineos find their footing and Ashworth and Wilcox have time to do some legwork.

much better than the first Ineos season being one where we limp in from the very beginning with a guy who they don’t want and has already spectacularly failed his remit
That's what I hope is the plan

croadyman

Sam C is from the The united stand, and by now I am pretty sure that they are the mouthpiece of ETH agency(SEG)
And I"ll take what he's saying with a pinch of salt and even with these 2 reports he contradicts himself, but he had a few reliable reports in the past.

Don't give that joke of a channel time of a day,shame some of them on there haven't guts to leave

Widow

Tuchel has had by far the strongest squad in the Bundesliga with a relatively fit squad and brought in arguably the best striker in the world in Kane and still couldn’t make it.

Ten Hag hasn’t got anywhere near the level of peak player and attacking and defensive options at his disposal.

It’s a failure to perform of course but my god there are so many extenuating factors. With Tuchel it’s just failure.
78, 77 & 71 points total in Bayerns last three league title winning seasons. These totals still wouldn't be enough to beat Leverkusens 81 this year. Bayern haven't been great, obviously, but with three games to go they're are still on for a 78 point season that would have normally seen them win the league.

Judas

Open to offers
We are entertaining to be fair, probably more than we have been years. Just not in the way we’d want to be though, but you’ll get a lot more neutrals interested in watching our batshit games these days.

Dannn411

Who are those 7-10 players?.
How many of them are recurrent first teamers and how many of them are ten hag signings?
To see if it will have any impact on the way we play.
Because of you tell me we need to sell the likes of Martial, Van de Beek or Brandon Williams... Well yes, but who cares.
We need a full on reset. The entire core of the team should be on the chopping block.

Low-hanging fruits:
Casemiro
Mctominay
Wan Bissaka
Martial
Van De Beek
Williams
Antony
Eriksen (Don't renew)
Maguire

Sell if a very good offer comes in:
Bruno
Rashford

I'm willing to sacrifice next season for this to happen.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
It’s got to a point where I can’t drink a pint of Madri anymore.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
@BenitoSTARR This. There is absolutely no sign that things will improve under Ten Hag. Our league position absolutely flatters us.
If anything our players make him look better as a manager. He is bailed left and right by individual brilliance and lucky moments. He's crap

This fecking guy :lol::lol: He must be a on massive WUM
There needs to be an investigation of him and his agent. They might be City's mole sent to destroy us from inside. He's the most delusional United manager ever. How can he saw the shit we play and said that with straight face. Utter embarrasment of a manager. Moyes "insipire to be City",Ole's "trophies for ego" and Mou Sevilla comments are horrendous but they were better than this delusional gaslighting bullcrap. Imagine being our player and seeing these comments from your gaffer. He played the most tumescent football I have ever seen in 20+ years I have supported this team.@BenitoSTARR might be the real bald feck seeing the similar way they talk

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

His post match interview comments are delusional. How can he call us dynamic? We create f-all and concede 20 shots a game. The blokes completely lost it. Any big club would have sacked him months ago. As per usual we are delaying to save a few quid. Maybe stipulate in a manager’s contract if they’re doing crap they can be sacked without compensation? If the manager doesn’t agree to that clause find someone else.

foolsgold

I don't think there's any defenders or debate about it any more. It just feels inevitable at this point. I was pro ten Hag until the Brentford and Bournemouth games finished me off.

it's surely just a question of when the trigger is pulled now.

DSG

Of course you can. The big difference here though is being given a penalty is as close to 1 xG as you can get without pretty much being on the goal line unmarked.

People moan when we don’t win XG battles, people moan when we get wins but with poor performances and so now we have a draw with a performance that should have ended with a win but for a brain fart and the daggers are out again.

The only way this fan base will be happy is if we win every game playing dominant football and conceding no chances which we are miles off and no manager in the world would get us close to.

Aim to please. But it’s still true.
I get that you’ve chosen a corner to defend come hell or high water, dammit, you’re going to fight it tooth and nail….fine. 80% of fans want results.when Jose came 2nd and won a EL and Ole came 2nd, there was some grumbling about playing style, but generally, there was some positivity… until there weren’t results.

On one hand, you’re referencing xG to say we were comfortably the better side v Sheffield. On the other, you’re saying people moan when we don’t win xG. Well, you see, when you use xG to make your point, but ignore xG differential when it conflicts with your narrative, it kinda makes your whole stance basically dogshit.

Results. And we are on course for our worst PL point total ever.

Rista

We need a full on reset. The entire core of the team should be on the chopping block.

Low-hanging fruits:
Casemiro
Mctominay
Wan Bissaka
Martial
Van De Beek
Williams
Antony
Eriksen (Don't renew)
Maguire

Sell if a very good offer comes in:
Bruno
Rashford

I'm willing to sacrifice next season for this to happen.
Clubs generally don't do full on resets or intentionally sacrifice seasons because it's not a smart idea. People mostly want out either our best performers from last season or players who our manager wanted to get rid of but who have actually been bailing him out this season. Selling everyone and doing a worse version of what Chelsea has done is not the winning formula.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Handled it just fine with Chelsea before Boehly gutted the team
Yes, then he imploded. He implodes everywhere, and the fact he failed at bayern shows he's even less of an attractive proposition. Moreover he succeeded with Chelsea wirh 5 at the back - a style I very much doubt is in sync with INEOS.