Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 418 47.7%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 459 52.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

hn4united

He's the manager i wanted(and still is) but persisting with Shaw, Maguire,Fred and that fecking McTominay will see him in a world of trouble
BUT the Glazers haven't backed their manager,after last seasons mess an overhaul was needed and they have failed.
ETH needs at least 4 signings in the next 17 days and if/when he gets them in they need to replace those jokers that embarrassed the club this afternoon because if he thinks he can transform these jokers i'm afraid it'll be the death of him as the manager here.
i agree. Shaw is done. He is looking overweight.

Maguire was poor and slow.

Fred ran around lost.

At least McT didn’t get run over and played them tough.

we need players who are hungry!

Elanga needs to start, Malacia over Shaw, Van Der Beek and Hannibal needs to play.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i’ll believe what he says when he actually starts dropping players. it’s all guff until there are actions. it’s the same culprits time and time again and they’re allowed to keep their place time and time again.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Basically a handicap of two goals down due to De Geas fault. I cannot see degea lasting longer.

Nickelodeon

Nothing barring being dragged into a relegation fight will make me lose trust in him this season. He’s a manager, who has beaten the very best playing an attractive style of football, managing a bunch of losers who have 1) never won anything and 2) only ever won a football match playing a reactive brand of football.

We needed a wholesale amount of changes in our first 11. He’s failed by the recruitment but eventually the leeches from our squad have to be weeded out. If it takes more than this season, so be it. But no point in routinely blaming the manager because not even Fergie could get the dumbf*cks we have playing in a coherent way. Usually we associate the lesser talented players with being more hard working. But we have somehow collated a squad which is full of never beens with zero work ethic and to make it even worse, zero pride and self respect. They have to be purged from the squad and eventually, they will be.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
i’ll believe what he says when he actually starts dropping players. it’s all guff until there are actions. it’s the same culprits time and time again and they’re allowed to keep their place time and time again.
Think this is what disappointed me the most about Rangnick. He talked such a good game, said all the right things, but never acted on them

Tiber

Winning in Holland with Ajax will never impress me much, but he has a lot of hype and want to give him a chance.

Currently wondering if he will last as long as Moyes

Kag

I said when he arrived that he wouldn’t stand a chance and everything since that point onwards has confirmed it.

I was told to stop being negative. Piss off.

GMoore23

I know its early days but I was extremely underwhelmed by his appointment and he's shown me nothing to think otherwise.
He's no different to me than the likes of VDB, Depay, Janssen etc, he's the managerial equivalent.
It's a huge gamble signing anyone from a weak league and we were in no position for anymore gambles especially on something as crucial as the manager.

Unlike the majority on here, I wasn't impressed with our pre season form. After the A Madrid game I knew nothing had changed and that we were in for a rough season.
Atletico had next to no preseason before that friendly whereas we were super fit and were well drilled before that game.
The result, A talented but totally unfit Atletico side schooled us.

He's now had 8 games in charge not including behind closed doors and has failed to implement any sort of playing style into this team.
Compare that to say Van Gaal or Mourinho. With them, you could see their style of play imprinted into the squad within a very short space of time.

His match tactics against Brighton were shocking. Eriksen as a false 9, give me a break.

His signings and dithering in the market has also left me totally unimpressed.
I'm not saying LB and CB didn't need improved but CM and FWD positions were much more in need.
I've already said my piece on Martinez, he'll be a huge PL flop and we were absolutely fleeced by Ajax.
Eriksen is finished at the highest level as his legs are totally gone. He literally replaced a 34 year old Juan Mata like for like.
Malacia I won't judge yet as he's young and could prove to be a good player but I still have issue with his signing.
If we were to buy a LB, it should have been a top class replacement of Shaw with Shaw then being sold. Telles was more than adequate as a backup.
Shaw has always been the problem as he's nowhere near good enough to start for us. He's incredibly weak mentally and I wouldn't want him in the squad sulking as a back up.

Now the dithering with de Yong reminds me of the Moyes days. He's clearly not interested so move on for fecks sake.

He's also going after too many former players. For God's sake, does this man know how much of a step up the PL is for those players.

For me, ten Hag has set us back even further in his short time here as he's totally out of his depth.

Last edited:

Redrob84

Anyone who's calling for Ten hag to go already needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Once again the club has made a complete mess of the transfer window,I'd hoped all this was behind us when Woodward left ifhe gets 2 midfielders in we'll look completely different.

How can anyone blame the first 2 goals on him?
We're all angry right now but back him we must.
100% he must be supported by the fans, he cannot take the blame for absolute brain farts by the players.

crossy1686

career ending
Think this is what disappointed me the most about Rangnick. He talked such a good game, said all the right things, but never acted on them
He knew he was off at the end of the season and was getting paid for 3 years. No one listened to him and the players didn't like what he said so he gave up and everyone counted down the games until he was gone, probably him also.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Probably makes you wonder if they truly believed it. I know for certain Ralph said that to absve himself of all blame, he had a massive ego. ETH is coming across as weak.

Idxomer

Who replaced a complete starting XI? It's also not a great idea since it'll take ages for them to gel
Not a complete starting XI teams like Juve and Inter have overhauled their squad before in a much more efficient way.

Look at Conte's first summer with Juve for example.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Probably makes you wonder if they truly believed it. I know for certain Ralph said that to absve himself of all blame, he had a massive ego. ETH is coming across as weak.
I disagree completely about the bolded part, but it doesn't really matter anyway.

So far, both seem unable to get the team playing to their ideas. Of course it's early doors with ETH, but the awakening was rude and it feels like the whole club is shell shocked. Are the players incapable? Are managers? I've no idea anymore what the feck is going on

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
he had it easiest too. tail end of his career, off at the end of the year, could have easily ruffled all the feathers he wanted to and chucked some kids in or made changes. we’re losing week in week out now, at least do something that’s not just the same thing each time.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I disagree completely about the bolded part, but it doesn't really matter anyway.

So far, both seem unable to get the team playing to their ideas. Of course it's early doors with ETH, but the awakening was rude and it feels like the whole club is shell shocked. Are the players incapable? Are managers? I've no idea anymore what the feck is going on
When did Ralph ever admit to mistakes?

I also have no clue what is going on, we're in agreement there.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
he had it easiest too. tail end of his career, off at the end of the year, could have easily ruffled all the feathers he wanted to and chucked some kids in or made changes. we’re losing week in week out now, at least do something that’s not just the same thing each time.
Yep, true. There were no consequences he had to fear and he still didn't follow through with his approach or took more drastic measures to right the wrongs. Think we could have all lived with the youngsters playing according to his ideas but losing the occasional game

UpWithRivers

We have to stop excusing the manager. Yes the owners are sht, the staff are sht, the players are sht. But that does not mean we absolve the manager. He has made decisions that he needs to live or die by and so far its not looking so good

1) Straight off starts with the whole we came second and we are a good team. Which is bullshit
2) Gives all the wasters a second chance
3) Gives Maguire captaincy
4) Benches the whole recruitment team, 60 plus people and goes for his own targets
5) Insists on going for FDJ and no one else.
6) Buys random players - a LB who yes looks good and was cheap but is a back up and was he a priority? 55 mill on a short, slow CB from the dutch league- a good plan? and Eriksen - yes good player and free but there seems to be no plan on how to use him - he has played as a false 9 and a 6??!!
7) His line ups are weird - Eriksen as a false 9 didnt work against Brighton, Eriksen as a 6 was madness, playing a short team was madness.
8) His subs are weird - really late against Brighton, Keeping on the likes of Rashford etc. He couldnt affect the games
9) He was schooled against Brighton and Brentford tactically. Absolutely schooled and has no answer

I can go on and on. Now before everyone starts battering me Im still hoping that the decisions he has made turns out. Maybe Maguire will lead us to a win against Liverpool, maybe Martinez just needs time. All I am saying is when it doesn't work these things are on the managers head and he needs to be called out as well.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Cant help but question him at this point. His decision making and team selection has been poor, and we're seeing very little change from last season, and even worse we're trying to implement a playing style that we dont have the ability for.

Huge concerns.

Strelok

Winning in Holland with Ajax will never impress me much, but he has a lot of hype and want to give him a chance.

Currently wondering if he will last as long as Moyes
Imo the hype was because of what he did in the CL not in the Eredivisie. I still have faith in him simply because of this. What he did with Ajax in the CL was simply amazing.

SirScholes

It's not hindsight though, why are you acting like Dalot being shit is something completely unpredictable before the season started ? Forget DDG, I didn't talk about him in that post you quoted.
Dalot being atrocious is the norm
No but that was the difference today
Player error

not laird being on loan

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Simply you awarded too much space between defence and midfield and forwards. He need to reduce the space between players. Otherwise teams in pl eat you out with counter attacks.

Hope he learnt things that pl have lot more intense than dutch league. Every minute need to be in top of the defensive game in pl.

Malone_Post

It’s hard not to feel sorry for him, he’s looked absolutely shell shocked these past two weekends. And he’s been completely sold down the river by the club this summer. But at the same time, he doesn’t look like he’s had any answers, he’s been making some very questionable decisions & dare I say he looks like a manager who is completely out of his depth right now. His self confidence and swagger from pre-season seems to have completely disappeared in the space of 7 days. It’s hard not to be at least somewhat worried.

BlueHaze

We have to stop excusing the manager. Yes the owners are sht, the staff are sht, the players are sht. But that does not mean we absolve the manager. He has made decisions that he needs to live or die by and so far its not looking so good

1) Straight off starts with the whole we came second and we are a good team. Which is bullshit
4) Benches the whole recruitment team, 60 plus people and goes for his own targets
6) Buys random players - a LB who yes looks good and was cheap but is a back up and was he a priority? 55 mill on a short, slow CB from the dutch league- a good plan? and Eriksen - yes good player and free but there seems to be no plan on how to use him - he has played as a false 9 and a 6??!!
7) His line ups are weird - Eriksen as a false 9 didnt work against Brighton, Eriksen as a 6 was madness, playing a short team was madness.
8) His subs are weird - really late against Brighton, Keeping on the likes of Rashford etc. He couldnt affect the games
9) He was schooled against Brighton and Brentford tactically. Absolutely schooled and has no answer

I can go on and on. Now before everyone starts battering me Im still hoping that the decisions he has made turns out. Maybe Maguire will lead us to a win against Liverpool, maybe Martinez just needs time. All I am saying is when it doesn't work these things are on the managers head and he needs to be called out as well.
Completely agree.

bleedred

I genuinely have no idea of how he used to setup and coach tactics at Ajax.

His appointment to me was a bit meh, because I felt that we had no better options than him at that point.

I am not writing him off, but genuinely curious what he brings to the table that our previous managers didn't.

I completely understand that he isn't to blame entirely for this and lots of things are out of his control. But he sure didn't do himself any favors by taking the clean slate approach.

In Rainbows

and even worse we're trying to implement a playing style that we dont have the ability for.
Going pragmatic is absolutely the worst you can do. It hides the problems for short term gain, a gain that will not bring trophies or anything good. Being stubborn is what will give him a better look at who can hack it in the system he wants to implement that will be used in future seasons. Otherwise we'll be stuck in a loop where he'll try to teach the players his system only in preseason.

Unless you're saying he should just scrap the style he wants completely forever. In which case, why even hire him?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think he has it in him to turn this around.

feck me I'm depressed about United right now.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I genuinely have no idea of how he used to setup and coach tactics at Ajax.

His appointment to me was a bit meh, because I felt that we had no better options than him at that point.

I am not writing him off, but genuinely curious what he brings to the table that our previous managers didn't.

I completely understand that he isn't to blame entirely for this and lots of things are out of his control. But he sure didn't do himself any favors by taking the clean slate approach.

The manager is 2 games into the job

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No but that was the difference today
Player error

not laird being on loan
You're missing the big picture. Even if we had won today, having Dalot as the starting RB would be madness. It's a terrible choice by ETH, it's really that simple. Dalot being a regular RB will be detrimental on the short and long term

Jacko21

Danger is we enter a death spiral and the situation moves beyond his control. Right now it's the perfect storm.

At Manchester United you don't get the luxury of being able to toil away quietly in the background - we're the most talked about football club in the country and the scrutiny is unrelenting.

He needs points on the board. And quick.

BlueHaze

The manager is 2 games into the job
And is getting critique because he's already lost the two of them to mid table teams and is taking on Liverpool next.

3 games 3 losses with this mentally weak group is game over.

avgp_1

Nothing barring being dragged into a relegation fight will make me lose trust in him this season. He’s a manager, who has beaten the very best playing an attractive style of football, managing a bunch of losers who have 1) never won anything and 2) only ever won a football match playing a reactive brand of football.

We needed a wholesale amount of changes in our first 11. He’s failed by the recruitment but eventually the leeches from our squad have to be weeded out. If it takes more than this season, so be it. But no point in routinely blaming the manager because not even Fergie could get the dumbf*cks we have playing in a coherent way. Usually we associate the lesser talented players with being more hard working. But we have somehow collated a squad which is full of never beens with zero work ethic and to make it even worse, zero pride and self respect. They have to be purged from the squad and eventually, they will be.
Well said. I think he is learning quickly and will turn this around but for that we have to back him in the remaining days of this window