Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 429 48.2%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 461 51.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Nickosaur

Imagine thinking another manager could come in and turn this around.

Club is rotten at this point, nothing changes until there is a revolution at the very top

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Has he done any interview after the match?
He said the players showed no responsibility, said the first 2 goals were clear individual errors, said he feels sorry for us fans, and he said we need to get more quality players in and that we will try to convince them to join us

George The Best

He urgently needs two midfielders who can control the centre of the pitch, we need to address how we retain possession and how we play out from the back. Ten hag knows our weaknesses, so did the previous managers but our recruitment department fail every summer to get at least one top quality midfielder. Other top teams dont allow there backline to get exposed as easy as we do, we get played through at ease and until that stops we will keep losing to lesser opponents. Nothing the manager can do until we buy replacements, we have nobody in the squad capable.
Maybe Martinez in there against Pool. Can’t play him at CB again.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The only thing to cling to is that the previous managers made positive starts. ETH is starting how they finished, maybe he’ll finish how they started.

bosskeano

you guys can't really be putting blame on ETH ??? ffs...look at the shit goals we gave up today, that is squarely on the players in particular DeGea for the first two

hn4united

Welcome to the PL, ETH!

it’s going to take some time for him to find his footing. Gosh…the next matches aren’t getting any easier either!!!

We need some blessings.

Lights Out

I refuse to blame him.

I will judge him in two years. That’s the least amount of time he needs.

How can you blame the manager when the highest paid GK in the world has butterfingers and let’s in a goal like that after 10 minutes

BlueHaze

Sick and tired of people always absolving managers of blame. Not a single person on here can dispute anything written on the list below.

1. We have horseshit owners. Completely inept frauds incapable of bulding a succesful team here. SAF papered over their hideous incompetence.

2. We have a group of highly mentally weak players. One bad thing happens and they all crumble. Saw it today with De Gea blunder. It was already game over from there.

3. ETH has had plenty of time to analyze and study this team, it's weakness and it's strength long before the season started. He has had long enough time to spot out the rotten eggs.

4. He did not and sadly thought it would be a good idea to give a big crop of the same cnuts who have gotten manager after manager axed. He will be one of them before the season is done.

5. Told the board to go after FDJ leaving us with the same disastrous midfield that's top 3 worst in the league by far. Spent over 50m on a CB when this could have gone to bolster the midfield.

6. Wanted Antony. Club rightfully IMO said 70m quid is too much for him. Then proceeded to shock us all by demanding Arnautovic.

I am sorry but this guy has been so naive and has by the looks of it completely ignored the most fundamental part which is first assessing what you have and quickly remove the ones that do the team harm out of the way. Instead he gave them all a chance. He has been tactically shocking, naive and out of his depth. I saw the warning signs in pre season already and the opening two games have been nothing but a disaster. He did not do enough homework on the squad and it will be the end of him. He probably will not last till winter.

Rangnick literally showed the entire world which ones do not cut it. He exposed them game after game. He literally made it so that ETH didn't even have to do the homework himself. Ralf already layed it out all before him. ETH chose to completely ignore this and didn't even want to listen to Ralfs advice but went on to give them new opportunitys and honestly I do not care which manager you are, if you are daft enough to give these cnuts chance after chance you deserve to get sacked.

We have shit owners, not enough bad things can be said about them. But we should never expect our managers to be equally as shit and as them.

Matt007a

I suspect FDJ and Antony were on his dossier and knowing our board, they probably promised to sign them both. Instead we are gonna end up with Rabiot and Gakpo. Thrown under the bus by the board and he’s only been here 3 months.

Joseunited

He's the manager i wanted(and still is) but persisting with Shaw, Maguire,Fred and that fecking McTominay will see him in a world of trouble
BUT the Glazers haven't backed their manager,after last seasons mess an overhaul was needed and they have failed.
ETH needs at least 4 signings in the next 17 days and if/when he gets them in they need to replace those jokers that embarrassed the club this afternoon because if he thinks he can transform these jokers i'm afraid it'll be the death of him as the manager here.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Ten Hag is told that the last time #MUFC lost their opening two Premier League games they went on to win the title (1992-93):

"OK, thank you."

Fts 74

Anyone who's calling for Ten hag to go already needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Once again the club has made a complete mess of the transfer window,I'd hoped all this was behind us when Woodward left ifhe gets 2 midfielders in we'll look completely different.

How can anyone blame the first 2 goals on him?
We're all angry right now but back him we must.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's pissed but these players will win out again because we have gutless, wanker owners who don't give a flying f*ck about the clubs future.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Interesting from ETH....... think he's given up on most of our players? Am I reading that right?

Club needs to get the cash out and splash!

el3mel

Anyone who's calling for Ten hag to go already needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Once again the club has made a complete mess of the transfer window,I'd hoped all this was behind us when Woodward left ifhe gets 2 midfielders in we'll look completely different.

How can anyone blame the first 2 goals on him?
We're all angry right now but back him we must.
I'm honestly not seeing anyone calling for him to get sacked now. We're just saying with this rate he'll, ultimately.

And that he has to be blamed for his own mistakes.

Jazz

He's pissed but these players will win out again because we have gutless, wanker owners who don't give a flying f*ck about the clubs future.
Let's not let the players and club do this again. We need to back him.

Sentient Meat

Has he done any interview after the match?
I miss Jose's articulate responses at the end of matches. Love him or hate him, the man at least sounded intelligent even in his second or third language.

ETH just sounded limited in what he could communicate to players in English. I know he has a reputation for being a great manager, but it wasn't evident from listening to this interview.

Not confidence inspiring at all for me.

DomM

Hopefully he will starting swinging the axe and drop those players that have no right being in the team, including Maguire.

LordSpud

Let's not let the players and club do this again. We need to back him.
We have no say in the matter. We can cheer him but ultimately its a results business and all we heard over the pre season was how hard training was and how much running was going on. That struck alarm bells and lo and behold the 2nd game of the season we are being outrun by Brentford while we fall into the same old same old. I'm telling you these players have had enough of him and want Poch in for the easy ride. Absolutely positive on it.

Jazz

It won't happen, and it's also not realistic. Not for United or any other team
I know we can't get rid of a bunch of players, I'm just wondering if I read it right that he doesn't seem to trust most of them?

Blood Mage

Imagine thinking another manager could come in and turn this around.

Club is rotten at this point, nothing changes until there is a revolution at the very top
I think a shithouse manager like Simeone would have us playing reasonably well in a low block but that's a damning indictment of our squad and the state of our recruitment.

el3mel

I miss Jose's articulate responses at the end of matches. Love him or hate him, the man at least sounded intelligent even in his second or third language.

ETH just sounded limited in what he could communicate to players in English. I know he has a reputation for being a great manager, but it wasn't evident from listening to this interview.

Not confidence inspiring at all for me.
Mourinho's interviews were the best of them all. People blamed him for going all out after bad results but I liked his brutal honesty, and also I always knew I will get something from his interviews and press conferences.

Ever since Ole came and all managers interviews have been the same shit said every week with hardly anything interesting to listen to.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I know we can't get rid of a bunch of players, I'm just wondering if I read it right that he doesn't seem to trust most of them?
I'm not sure you can take his word literally here, he's probably also seething with anger at the moment and might react a bit more emotionally that he'd usually would

Jazz

We have no say in the matter. We can cheer him but ultimately its a results business and all we heard over the pre season was how hard training was and how much running was going on. That struck alarm bells and lo and behold the 2nd game of the season we are being outrun by Brentford while we fall into the same old same old. I'm telling you these players have had enough of him and want Poch in for the easy ride. Absolutely positive on it.
We should get rid of those players out of the dressing room imho. In fact, we should have identified them and gotten rid at the end of last season. We really are a joke behind the scenes. Poch or no one is going to be able to get results if we have cnuty players like this running things. They need to go!

Lux Thunder

Football is smart and fair enough to punish your mistakes. Simple as that.

I will back him all the way but he should be smart enough not to put his reputation and job in hands of these players. It his fault that after a woeful display against Brighton he again starts with players like Shaw, Fred, Rashford, and Bruno. I would rather play with kids than give them a starting stop after the opening day fiasco no matter who they are.

Also, I thought that we finally get a manager who will get rid of De Gea and Maguire from starting lineup as they are nowhere near fit for his style of play, but obviously, they are somehow seen as valuable assets from the club's hierarchy and/or they are so influential in the dressing room not to start a game when available, or ETH is just not brave enough. You simply can not implement a build-up from the back with De Gea in your goal, a high defensive line with Maguire or an aggressive press in the opponents half with Rashford - punishment will arrive sooner than you expect.

If reports are true that he was against Rangnick staying as a consultant he may well regret it. It's time to fans to support him because problems that are here for ages can't just be solved overnight. These players ruined the reputation of some world-class coaches and club legend in Ole and they should be shown the exit door sooner than the manager. Play with youngsters and stay with your philosophy, because once you stop believing in your own ideas you are a dead man walking.

united for life

Poor guy, didn’t get the players he wanted, he even said we need to sign quality players. I just can’t believe we started the season with mcfred for instance. Terrible squad