Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 384 45.5%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 460 54.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Dancal

Supports
Footy
Well, if DDG doesnt make that first 2 mistakes , then we are talking about a completely different game here.

Playing out from the back isn't the problem but players making school boy mistakes is .
And the poor marking and players jogging on the 4th goal.

Not to mention being bullied for the 3rd.

You right take 2 goal away and it's only 2 nill.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
And we have been seeing De Gea playing for us for +10 years, so ? We know him more than Ten Hag.
And except LVG we have never tried playing out from the back. So this 10 years is bit of an exaggeration.

Flexdegea

Insults get you nowhere here, mate.

Who picked the team? Who has been coaching them? Who picked the tactics? I'll give you a guess.

Sorry about that.

Aye his tactics caused degea to literally throw in 2 goals early.

People need to stop treating players and games like it's the coach with a playstation controller, and they can't do simple tasks correctly.

For the life of me I'm baffled why the manager getting stick. We so fragile, we need to ship of most this team and gave him another 3/4 to get rid of the damaged goods we see on the pitch. Our last 6/7 away games show us this. This has been going on about a year now.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He dug his own grave from the minute he came in, sighting that players like Maguire and co are good enough at this level, the first thing he should have done was stripping the Captaincy off Maguire, he should have listened to RR a man who spent time with this lot every day, the likes of Shaw, Mctominay, Maguire just to mention a few should have been put on sale, tearing that last season squad was what he shoul have done from day one.

Look at what Pep did from the first day he got the City Job, took out English Number one Goalie simply because he was shit at passing the ball, Feck off Yaya and a host of new signings like Mangala.

Ruthlessness is key to every rebuild, he hasn't done that enough in my opinion.

Anustart89

Its as good a time to make radical changes if anything just to stamp his authority.

Where there are problems, there are opportunities.
Yet last week when he dropped Ronaldo for acting like a dick the fans were on his back for playing with a false nine and keeping a “perfectly good striker”, with a 45 minute pre-season after which he fecked off home, on the bench. He can’t win because the supporters expect him to make changes and not make changes at the same time.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yet he ignores all of them and chooses to play Elanga out of all people.

Coward.
Would you stop with that. Honestly, take a good look at yourself? A coward? He’s coward for doing his job- few months in ? Seriously.

el3mel

And except LVG we have never tried playing out from the back. So this 10 years is bit of an exaggeration.
Probably because these managers realized De Gea is shit with the ball in his feet, no ?

We know De Gea's abilities. We have watched him play regularly for us. We have watched how awful his kicks are. But sweet, apparently Ten Hag is a miracle worker now, he's going to turn a 31 years old GK who has been awful with the ball throughout his career into someone who can build from the back.

Borderline delusion at this point.

croadyman

I didn't mention anything about money but that usually comes from the club and as I said he's been let down by the owners and board.
He is IMO the best chance we have got to get out of this hell hole we find ourselves in.
So how are things gonna change then

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Yet last week when he dropped Ronaldo for acting like a dick the fans were on his back for playing with a false nine and keeping a “perfectly good striker”, with a 45 minute pre-season after which he fecked off home, on the bench. He can’t win because the supporters expect him to make changes and not make changes at the same time.
He didn’t drop ronaldo at all. He didn’t play because he wasn’t fit enough and EtH referenced this plenty of times in the lead up to the game

Phil Osophy

He's been too optimistic in the way he's setting up the team and on what he expects from many of these players, but maybe this is what he has to do now. We know Ten Hag is a very specific profile and he's working now without the needed tools. He can't buy a new team so he needs to evaluate these players under his demands to see how many of them could be useful in his system.

I guess he expected a better outcome in these first games, and if you get results there's no problem on testing and experimenting here and there, taking some risks and introducing new mechanics to see how the team responds. After two defeats now and strong teams coming next I expect him to adjust and be more pragmatic (like LvG did after Leicester, in his first games too) so we can start getting results and remove some pressure from the shoulders, and we'll expand our game again eventually.

Even before we kicked a ball under ten Hag I said here that I expected a trial and error kind of season. I didn't expect us to get battered that way against Brentford but I'm not surprised either. Not only the contrast between ETH and this squad is notorious in terms of profiles, but we come also from our worst season in ages (low confidence, frictions among players) with glaring holes in some key areas that we're yet to fix this window. All this in a league where every Joe has enough resources to punish weaknesses and mistakes so I counted on a rocky path here initially.

I think he has to realize what his best tools are, build a quick basis with some new additions and try to mask our flaws to restore some confidence and provide some stability during games. If Ole was able to survive two bad starts and finish 3rd and 2nd in both cases, and even a stubborn man like LvG managed to adjust his initial approach and get 4th, ten Hag should be able to revert from a bad start and deliver 5th or 6th at least after 38 games.

Top-4 would be really good and less than 6th should make us rethink, but I expect him to do the bare minimum at least. If there's been progress in the way we play and the atmosphere is good at the end of the season I think results could be secondary, but there needs to be a clear progression at least. We all can be reasonable but pressure and demands can't completely disappear.

Anustart89

He didn’t drop ronaldo at all. He didn’t play because he wasn’t fit enough and EtH referenced this plenty of times in the lead up to the game
Could be both and I’m inclined to agree with the fitness think, but regardless he got shit for it from the fan base. If he had dropped Ronaldo yesterday the knives would’ve been out as well.

croadyman

By spending the vast sums of fecking money we spend year after year better. It’s not rocket science is it? Get good manager with progressive modern identity and sign good players to fit. The end.
Where is the evidence of us doing it in next 3 weeks because can't wait until Jan

bond19821982

Probably because these managers realized De Gea is shit with the ball in his feet, no ?

We know De Gea's abilities. We have watched him play regularly for us. We have watched how awful his kicks are. But sweet, apparently Ten Hag is a miracle worker now, he's going to turn a 31 years old GK who has been awful with the ball throughout his career into someone who can build from the back.

Who are these managers ? Moyes and Jose , you mean ? Trying to play from back ? How ironic !

Border line delusion is people coming to conclusion just sitting behind a key board and assuming our squad is shit, our manager is shit and expecting miracles to happen in 2 games. Football doesn't work like that though.

Castia

But where is the line? I mean ETH isn’t asking De Gea to hit 60 yard passes to feet, he‘s asking him to do the absolute basics that a professional player should be able to do no problem.

Swepeer keeper or not DDG should have realised passing that ball out to Eriksen was a suicide ball you don’t need to be Allison or Ederson to know that.

We are getting the absolute basics of football wrong from running to passing it’s a disgrace.

croadyman

What can’t wait? We aren’t competing for anything this year.
Because Erik cannot afford to keep playing these cowards or will end up sacked before xmas, therefore he simply has to sign 4 players in next 3 weeks or else.

el3mel

Who are these managers ? Moyes and Jose , you mean ? Trying to play from back ? How ironic !

Border line delusion is people coming to conclusion just sitting behind a key board and assuming our squad is shit, our manager is shit and expecting miracles to happen in 2 games. Football doesn't work like that though.
That's like saying Smalling can learn to play from the back and he's not tested because he managed under Moyes, Mourinho and Ole, even though every one and his dog know his abilities aren't suited for that playstyle.

You're the one expecting miracles at this point if you believe Ten Hag is going to turn players shit with the ball to ones good with it. You're deluded, if anything.

Mr PG

I wonder if Ten Hag has changed his targets after experiencing the level of the premier league? I suspect he'd have gone for a taller cb with hindsight. I wonder if he still thinks dejong for 72m is still the right target.

Also does he regret not meeting Ralf Ragnick? Could have saved him this embarrassment for sure.

bond19821982

That's like saying Smalling can learn to play from the back and he's not tested because he managed under Moyes, Mourinho and Ole, even though every one and his dog know his abilities aren't suited for that playstyle.

You're the one expecting miracles at this point if you believe Ten Hag is going to turn players shit with the ball to ones good with it. You're deluded, if anything.
And I can say the same thing about you as well. If you are expecting miracles after 2 games, may be this isn't the game for you or may be you are not patient enough to support us at the moment or may be you are underestimating the PL way too much.

See - the "art of delusion" works both ways. So lets agree to disagree and move on !

croadyman

I wonder if Ten Hag has changed his targets after experiencing the level of the premier league? I suspect he'd have gone for a taller cb with hindsight. I wonder if he still thinks dejong for 72m is still the right target.

Also does he regret not meeting Ralf Rangnick? Could have saved him this embarrassment for sure.
Yes I guarantee he regrets not meeting Ralf, also De Jong is right target but needs a HARD ball winner alongside too.

Josh 76

Also does he regret not meeting Ralf Rangnick? Could have saved him this embarrassment for sure.
I think Ten Haag was told not to meet Ralf.
Ralf definitely upset the hierarchy at the club for being too honest, which they did not like.

redcucumber

I'm backing ETH to take us back to being competitive and winning trophies again. Only 2 games in and some people want his balls on a plate. These players have done it before and thrown managers under the bus. They have no fight in them at all for the shirt or the club. He's been hugely let down so far by the club but we all know that isn't surprising.
How is he going to make us competitive if the club is already letting him down, literally a month into the job? The conditions he has to work under aren't conducive to making us competitive. He doesn't stand a chance.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
EtH is expected to change things at the flick of a switch whilst also taking the blame for all the 10 years of shite before him.

saik

Love it.
Fecking Love it! More of this is needed for these players. They have been getting away with it for far too long without any consequences. If true, it atleast shows ETH is not afraid of disciplining or hurting the sentiments of these soft cnuts.

mu4c_20le

So I guess we've got a dedicated world class team according to you.
Nah, just tired of hearing about the players downing tools or throwing the manager under the bus after every single mistake. Assume that attitude is from reading mirror and the mail last season with all the leaks, half of which were probably sensationalized or straight made up.

Last edited:

el3mel

And I can say the same thing about you as well. If you are expecting miracles after 2 games, may be this isn't the game for you or may be you are not patient enough to support us at the moment or may be you are underestimating the PL way too much.

See - the "art of delusion" works both ways. So lets agree to disagree and move on !
Well, that's not true. I didn't expect miracles. I didn't expect a title winning team. I didn't even expect a top 4. I expected us to not lose 4-0 to Brentford though.

Crazy. That bold part is the same nonsense Ole inners were telling us whenever we tried to open our mouth to criticize him or the team. Posters here never learn. These 10 years have been nothing but the exact same discussion about managers with exactly same responses "you don't have patience, you should go support other club" bollocks from every manager's fans. What changes is who says that comes every new manager but they all say the same nonsense to critics nevertheless.

Ten Hag isn't a god and he can be blamed and criticized. It's not my problem if you don't like that. If you expect blind support and fanboyism over him before he does anything meaningful for the club, then it's your own problem, ultimately.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Fecking Love it! More of this is needed for these players. They have been getting away with it for far too long without any consequences. If true, it atleast shows ETH is not afraid of disciplining or hurting the sentiments of these soft cnuts.
We had more possession, its obvious they'd run more though :lol: