Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

OmarUnited4ever

In case it was not posted, backward passes and then quick line breaking pass and Arsenal's shape is gone, we pulled them apart.

Ten Hag ball, more like this please.

largelyworried

In case it was not posted, backward passes and then quick line breaking pass and Arsenal's shape is gone, we pulled them apart.

Ten Hag ball, more like this please.
This is so pleasing to see. After years of watching United struggle to play the ball out from the defense, seeing the variety of ways we can do it now is really something.

romufc

This is the most slowest counter attack goal in my memory
It took 44sec long for a counter :( :(
Well it is clear, if the ball goes from the keeper to the other side, its obviously a counter attacking goal. :houllier:

Also, apparently they dominated the game but got a goal from a Varane mistake

Loon

:lol:
Just keep the hard work and momentum going. At the end of the season we will get an idea if ten Hag has a clear vision and if it has worked.

What we have now is probably every bit of a false picture as the opening two games.

Andy_Cole

Just keep the hard work and momentum going. At the end of the season we will get an idea if ten Hag has a clear vision and if it has worked.

What we have now is probably every bit of a false picture as the opening two games.
True. Bit of a honeymoon period. Hopefully it works out.

Suv666

I can see Real Madrid coming in for Ten Hag sooner rather than later. He'd suit them to a tee. Hopefully we can stave them off.

Pragmatism > Idealism
Hold your horses lads we are 6 games in.

I do prefer the optimism over the negativity though

GJNJ

He might have a clear line of sight but that off balance long ball from Eriksen is filthy.
Shows why assists aren’t everything in judging players. That pass was key but there were 3 more passes before the goal. Similarly Bruno’s pass for the 3rd.

rabnub

He did what... Surely not a chance!?
It mind sound silly but this is why the group look like they are ready to run through a wall for him at the moment.
Its great leadership. He didnt throw anybody under the bus like past managers have . He took accountability for it himself. That sort of leader ypu would go to war with and its why keane is so enthused about him.

Keane after the game on sunday ive not seen him like that in years. Hes even buyinh into it. Merson said the same

He did what... Surely not a chance!?
I’d say he’d have to, he picked the team, he left players like Varane on the bench even after a dog shit opener. Ten Hag was equally at fault, and deserved to run the extra km’s as much as anyone.
Think many would lose respect for him if he sent them off and didn’t include himself.
Brilliant management.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This is a direct result of the aggression that EtH wants:

mav_9me

There will be setbacks

Hope you guys don't lose your collective brains again then, and remember the things you write today
Thanks for posting that.

Genuine question. The most dramatic impact of a manager I've ever seen was Hansi Flick when he took over from Kovac. Did he have set backs? From what I remember you became all conquering.

mav_9me

In fairness Merson did say from just listening to EtH next to him he would want to play for him also. He does speak well. He speaks simply. He uses all of Keane’s go to words but obviously he’s a tactician to boot.
Good point. What do I know, but kinda feel like Pep, Klopp, Conte, Tuchel all use similar passion/effort/attitude stuff. Point is its the mix or attitude and tactics that take you far and probably what some really good managers like Emery maybe lack?

mav_9me

Is it though? Are there any statements he made in that regard? I wouldn't worry too much about Munich, he already worked there for the second team and while he was several times rumoured as a candidate to take over there it never happened. I feel like that ship has sailed.
Hopefully you are right. Cuz I can see a scenario where Munich need to rebuild and EtH would obvious suit them. As opposed to Real

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hopefully you are right. Cuz I can see a scenario where Munich need to rebuild and EtH would obvious suit them. As opposed to Real. That would my work.
United is bigger than Bayern in terms of fan base, global reach and the EPL is far more competitive. Even Pep alluded to how much of a step the EPL is.

You only would manage Bayern to win domestic titles, you know you have a ~70-80% chance of winning the league there. ETH wants the challenge of the EPL and rebuilding United.

sparx99

Shows why assists aren’t everything in judging players. That pass was key but there were 3 more passes before the goal. Similarly Bruno’s pass for the 3rd.
Thats why key passes and passes to final 3rd are useful. Xavi and Iniesta didn’t get tonnes of assists

city-puma

You are too permissive about how fast ETH can make us play his football. It’s not as short as weeks but months. It certainly doesn’t need the whole season. We might find certain positions lack of ideal players such as goalkeeper and CF, but we will start dictating more and more sooner than later.
Over last few games, we have seen more and more. The players are on board and they believe it and it is further enhanced by winning games.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Love seeing things like this. Positive things about us finally. A coach that knows exactly what he’s doing. None of the players standing still for a change. Movement is a massive thing and helps against low block teams.