Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 657 44.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 810 55.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Think this, at 9 seconds in, might be my fav ETH moment to date. "Sweezy bomtimes"

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
My only concern is that he played proactive dominant style because simply Ajax is head and shoulders ahead the rest of the league and now tih the quality and intensity in the premier league it might be very difficult to install that style. Solskjaer played also pretty proactively with Molde but again that's in the Norvegian league.

Fingers crossed for ETH to get his players as soon as possible and get us playing the way we all want.. getting results while not playing well is a good quality though.
I can take away your concern: EtH made Ajax play in a way that was dominant vs all the big teams in the CL (with less good material to work with). In most CL games vs the larger teams we had 60/70% possession. Thats his way of playing simply. He demands high pressure, fluid gameplay and wants to entertain the fans. God, I miss the guy.

Btw, he did the same with FC Utrecht which is a mid-table club here. Had them play really really attractive and good football.

Last edited:

always_hoping

Doing brilliantly. More and more convinced he's our man. It will take time, and there will be setbacks (sometimes brutal ones like City), but we will get there with him.
I think we'll all take the odd bump on the road so long as United are on the right path.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I can take away your concern: EtH made Ajax play in a way that was dominant vs all the big teams in the CL (with less good material to work with). In most CL games vs the larger teams we had 60/70% possession. Thats his way of playing simply. He demands high pressure, fluid gameplay and wants to entertain the fans. God, I miss the guy.

Btw, he did the same with FC Utrecht which is a mid-table club here. Had them play really really attractive and good football.
I feel for you. At least perhaps you can be glad that 90% of United fans absolutely love him already. There's just something completely amazing about him. I've not felt like this about any other manager since Ferguson.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
I feel for you. At least perhaps you can be glad that 90% of United fans absolutely love him already. There's just something completely amazing about him. I've not felt like this about any other manager since Ferguson.
Thanks mate, appreciate that. Without him we are in a shit state atm. Hoping our current manager gets fired asap because he is destroying everything that EtH has build.
ETH needs backing and time, he knows what he is doing and what he needs. The only thing that really worries me is the amount of backing he will get next summer, as your financials aren’t looking great and the Glazers are scum.
EtH really is a special guy and I hope he can bring UTD back to the glory days.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

:drool::drool::drool:

croadyman

Doing brilliantly. More and more convinced he's our man. It will take time, and there will be setbacks (sometimes brutal ones like City), but we will get there with him.
I am desperate for him to push hard for these leeches to bring in a proper DOF,Murtough hasn't the knowledge required for the job. They should also see the benefits because would mean saving money with shrewder deals.

bringbackbebe

5 points more than last year for equivalent fixtures which much better football & dressing room mentality.

Club​
Type​
21-22 Points​
22-23 Points​
Brighton & Hove Albion​
Home​
3​
0​
Brentford​
Away​
3​
0​
Liverpool​
Home​
0​
3​
Southampton​
Away​
1​
3​
Leicester City​
Away​
0​
3​
Arsenal​
Home​
3​
3​
Manchester City​
Away​
0​
0​
Everton​
Away​
0​
3​
Total

Asleepdemand

Thanks mate, appreciate that. Without him we are in a shit state atm. Hoping our current manager gets fired asap because he is destroying everything that EtH has build.
ETH needs backing and time, he knows what he is doing and what he needs. The only thing that really worries me is the amount of backing he will get next summer, as your financials aren’t looking great and the Glazers are scum.
EtH really is a special guy and I hope he can bring UTD back to the glory days.

Man, i love Ten Hag even more after reading your comment :drool::drool::drool:

JeffFromHK

He is the first manager post-Fergie I truly root for and I will still root for him even if he fails to get top 4 for this season. Every manager of us before him are either small-time 2nd tier non-progressive managers (Moyes, Ole) or past-it world class managers with weird/toxic temper or attitude (Van Gaal and Jose).

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
So many fans still think he's done a meh job so far. They underestimate the amount of work it needs to change the players mentality and attitude, and he's done a great job so far. Finally, our players seem to care and fight in games and for starting spots. The rest will come, but to think we will compete for the title from day one was always delusional

CM

Coaching team doing an incredible job with De Gea so far I must say, fecker was even sweeper-keeping today, I had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn’t seeing things.
I noticed this too. He did a decent sweeping job a couple of times and even his passing was reasonable yesterday.

It's nice to see noticeable progress being made after the disaster of last year.

DevilRed

So many fans still think he's done a meh job so far. They underestimate the amount of work it needs to change the players mentality and attitude, and he's done a great job so far. Finally, our players seem to care and fight in games and for starting spots. The rest will come, but to think we will compete for the title from day one was always delusional
People tend to forget that even guardiola in his first season only limped to fourth.

ETH needs time. Look at how long it took arteta and klopp.

Zen86

All in all he’s done a good job.

He’s had to learn a few lessons and some of his team selections have been naive, but we’ve been a lot tidier on the ball and we’re getting better at working it with each passing week. It’s lovely watching some of the passing combinations and one-touch stuff we’re trying to implement.

Team mentality is still hit and miss, though. City demonstrated there’s a lot to do there and we’re still being punished for switching off. I’m quite confident that we’re alongside Arsenal as the best of the rest currently.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
People tend to forget that even guardiola in his first season only limped to fourth.

ETH needs time. Look at how long it took arteta and klopp.
All while City had even more money to spend and were not in a crisis as we were

MinGin

I do think if we add a proper CF who can hold the ball, we will transform to another level when you see the impact from Jesus at Arsenal.
There is so inconsistent when Ronaldo (aged) and Martial (injury record)

Suv666

Arsenal, City and Spurs are nailed on to finish in the top four.
Its between Chelsea, Liverpool and us.
I fancy our chances

Baxquux

I fancy our chances
Man City obviously and seemingly Arsenal. But Spurs aren't playing the most fluent football - it just takes one Kane injury, which he's made a habit of picking up over the last few seasons, scraped wins turn into draws even with Son and Richarlison/Kulusevski and a better midfield squad than they've had in a while, Conte turns into 'bad Conte' and they're stuck in the Europa slots.

I think Chelsea are more adaptable, even without the same quality of focal point (Aub being past his prime, though he'll score a few), , so I'd put them at favourites for the next slot, then us, then Tottenham, with Scousers in transitional season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is THE one. Excellent coach. I have no doubts that under him we will get trophies and again be top dog in England.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I fancy our chances
Arsenal and City yes but Spurs not. They are far than nailed for top 4.
I would go that far and say that they will miss for sure. It will be us, Pool and Celski for 3rd and 4th spot

Parma Dewol

It's the change of mindset under ETH I find so refreshing.

Wasn't long go where seeing United go a goal down I thought "oh crap, now we get to watch these so-called Reds spend 80-odd minutes trying in vain to break down a stubborn defense, only to concede a most ridiculous second on the counter."

Nowadays, if we go a goal down, I quite fancy our chances a) not to lose our shit and b) to inevitably get one back.

While it is far too soon to get carried away, I thought it would take a miracle for someone to change the mindset of certain United players. Our Erik appears to be doing just that.

Tony247

Some great passing today.

We can still do a better job of converting our periods of dominance into more shots/chances, but some of the passages of play today was the best we've seen so far imo.

We could do with smashing a team to get some more confidence.
ETH (and the team) deserve a damn good striker in next window. Without that we are not going to challenge for the title.

Marcelinho87

5 points more than last year for equivalent fixtures which much better football & dressing room mentality.

Club​
Type​
21-22 Points​
22-23 Points​
Brighton & Hove Albion​
Home​
3​
0​
Brentford​
Away​
3​
0​
Liverpool​
Home​
0​
3​
Southampton​
Away​
1​
3​
Leicester City​
Away​
0​
3​
Arsenal​
Home​
3​
3​
Manchester City​
Away​
0​
0​
Everton​
Away​
0​
3​
Total
Realistically should be 21 considering the first two fixtures, but it will come.

sugar_kane

Club​
Type​
21-22 Points​
22-23 Points​
Brighton & Hove Albion​
Home​
3​
0​
Brentford​
Away​
3​
0​
Liverpool​
Home​
0​
3​
Southampton​
Away​
1​
3​
Leicester City​
Away​
0​
3​
Arsenal​
Home​
3​
3​
Manchester City​
Away​
0​
0​
Everton​
Away​
0​
3​
Total
Good to see.

If you discount the first two games (why? because it was clear he switched things up in a noticeable way after those two games) it's an 11 point swing which from 18 possible ain't bad at all.

I didn't realise that out of all of those 6 fixtures we only one of them last season. Grim.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I fancy our chances
Not an unreasonable take but not sure about the Spuds bit. A few more crappy performances, a few bad results, a sprinkle of Conte melt-down and it could open up.

I personally think if nothing crazy changes in terms of momentum, it's looking like City and Arsenal for top two (but the WC break is a massive wild card this year).

I have huge belief in Potter, so I think Chelsea will make it. It is then down to 3 for 1 spot and hopefully Liverpool stay bad for long enough that we would only have to get the best out of the perennial bottlejobs Spuds to make it.

Not easy in any case.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I fancy our chances
No chance Spurs are nailed on. They play a decent brand of conservative and controlled counter attacking football, and they don't give up many chances, but they will draw a lot of matches.

I'd say only City are nailed on right now. Arsenal will likely struggle with rotation and injuries as the season progresses

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I fancy our chances
Apart from City no team is nailed on for anything. If we win our game in hand, we will be 6 points from the top after our worst start in PL history

Waynne

Just moments after that game ended I often wondered if that is what Ten Hag planned since he didn't make any substitutions to change the game by keeping Casemiro on the bench instead of using him to plug the gaping hole in midfield.
Felt to me like he wanted his team to be humiliated and I hope this message came across well with the squad to put In more effort for the badge and each other.

Revaulx

Not that many. I suspect that they are either those who had nailed their colours to the Jose/Ole/Poch/Conte mast and want United to fail under anyone else, or those who are in thrall to biased British/ABU pundits. My United-supporting friends are all hard-bitten cynical old gits, and while nobody's getting carried away all are agreed that the improvements are there to be seen.

hsbajwa316

I would echo most of the sentiment, he has been great and definitely isnt afraid to make tough decisions when needed. Hopefully we see some more strategic signings going forward to add to what we have..

Reactions: Invictus

NLunited

I‘m optimistic, players like Ronaldo and Casemiro are getting back to their best, and Rashford has started to perform consistently. Antony is improving every game and Shaw has fought himself into the team.

I think we will see a performance soon where we completely outplay and dominate a top side, not just pip them in transition. The pieces are coming together: it is just a matter of time.

Getting the consistency will be harder. There are still a lot of unnecessary mistakes in our game.

There is more to come in possession from players like Martinez, Malacia, Dalot, Eriksen and Sancho. They are contributing, but we are not seeing their best yet.

Next on my wish list is seeing Bruno become more influential. He works hard, but is not involved enough in possession.