Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 452 49.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 468 50.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MUFC OK

Might be unpopular and hardly anything to criticise ETH for but don’t think he’s using garnacho correctly off the bench. 10-15 mins too late again - seems to be a recurring theme, and not sure why weghorst stays on when we could put an on fire rashford through the middle.

mav_9me

I agree all these games show is how bad Weghorst is. He's a middle tier championship player at best. Has no predator instinct in front of goal. Again can't blame him at all its more of a reflection on the Glazers.
I actually thought he would be alright and help us way more than he has. It is what it is.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Might be unpopular and hardly anything to criticise ETH for but don’t think he’s using garnacho correctly off the bench. 10-15 mins too late again - seems to be a recurring theme, and not sure why weghorst stays on when we could put an on fire rashford through the middle.
rashford was playing through the middle and furthest forward, we were doing well and no need to disrupt the flow just to bring on garnacho who can also be hit or miss.

MUFC OK

rashford was playing through the middle and furthest forward, we were doing well and no need to disrupt the flow just to bring on garnacho who can also be hit or miss.
Rashford looked more on the right to me, would be interesting to see average positions. We should have brought in garnacho when we were in the ascendancy, huge pitch and loads of space for him to cause damage. I still don’t know what weghorst offers.

Yakuza_devils

Just imagine next season we could add Kane to partner Rashford. FDJ to play alongside Casemeiro. And possibly improvement from the up and coming players of Garnacho, Amad, Mejbri, Pellistri and "Greenwood".

OverratedOpinion

People really do need to remember the situation he walked into. A toxic club with Ralf Ragnick having some weird consultancy deal because we had become so desperate that we were just throwing shit against the wall.

De Gea couldn't pass a football 5 yards, Shaw looked finished, Dalot and AWB in a race to the bottom. Pogba leaving, Rashford scoring 5 goals in a season, our best young player gone, totally reliant on a near 40 year old for goals.

We just went to the Nou Camp and played them off the pitch in the middle of a ridiculous fixture list due to us still being in every tournament.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Rashford looked more on the right to me, would be interesting to see average positions. We should have brought in garnacho when we were in the ascendancy, huge pitch and loads of space for him to cause damage. I still don’t know what weghorst offers.
I agree about weghorst, seems a bit lost.

i Think rashford may have drifted right more because Bruno was that side too and is where the through balls would come from, he was definitely the focal point with weghorst behind him though

ti vu

Its amazing Spurs didn't hire him because of a bad interview
Perhaps he told Levy he needed backing to win trophies. Tottenham only got Conte, after Nuno Santo's short failed stint Nuno and bowed to his demands. Tottenham also failed to persuade Conte to join in that summer.

Last edited:

ti vu

Rashford was up top. In the second half, Rashford targeted the channel between Alonso and Alba.

Xavi fecked up by starting and playing Alba as long as he did. Later his subs fixed this problem. Else Barcelona also had no left wing attack, as well as no defense in that side channel. Barcelona got more control of the game in the end of the game, attacked came from both wings and we found it harder to get out of our pitch.

Weghorst was out of place bar few moments. And his moment is that of a forward. Else as no 10 role, he's just a body. Trying get involved, but easily bypassed by Barcelona.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He must be feeling like he's won the jackpot if Qatar take over
100%. If he gets the backing he deserves then I’m telling you now, within the next 3 years we’ll win the league and the CL.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
100%. If he gets the backing he deserves then I’m telling you now, within the next 3 years we’ll win the league and the CL.
I'm sure he will be fully backed. As Man Utd and PSG have shown its hard to get a competent manager

Yakuza_devils

This is a super big lesson learnt and it took us 10 years post SAF. Never ever mess up the manager appointment again. Go for the best at all time.

Never ever consider mediocre manager the like of Moyes and Ole, and has been like LVG and Jose. It was a painful lesson.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What a fecking manager. From last seasons bumbling mess to a ‘should have beaten’ La Liga runaway leaders in a short span of time. We’ve come miles in this first seasons. And that was without our CF and CB.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
People saying he has no personality. He comes across as a managerial machine to me and I love it.

No silly shit. No excuses. Just means business.

Trequartistry

This is a super big lesson learnt and it took us 10 years post SAF. Never ever mess up the manager appointment again. Go for the best at all time.

Never ever consider mediocre manager the like of Moyes and Ole, and has been like LVG and Jose. It was a painful lesson.
Eh I don’t know, if Ten Hag flopped you could say we just hired someone not proven in the big leagues and big personalities

Eddy_JukeZ

Incredible job he's done. Love him. Fully support him.

Hopefully we bring in a few players in the summer that are good additions and then we fully go for it next season.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Absolutely amazing that I'm gutted we didn't win in the Camp Nou.

We were excellent tonight and easily went toe to toe with the current league leaders in Spain and even if this Barcelona isn't at the heights of their past teams, they're still clearly on the up under Xavi and a massive threat.

We had a game plan, it was absolutely clear to see. How often in the past decade have we had that?

So bloody refreshing and I was grinning like a mad man when he got a yellow cause he didn't give a shit. He fights for the players, the players fight for him and it's wonderful.

Long live Erik ten Hag.

Yakuza_devils

Eh I don’t know, if Ten Hag flopped you could say we just hired someone not proven in the big leagues and big personalities
This man has done miracle at Ajax too. He was making Ajax played so well in CL with their small budgets. Also, they lost their best players every year and they keep rebuilding.

He was proven in the biggest league of all, the CL.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He is a seriously intelligent man and an excellent football coach/manager.

Thank feck he was appointed instead of the alternatives he's gonna go on and be our Klopp.

Theonas

Scout
I am seriously not exaggerating it but even under Fergie, we didn't always go out to play either by will or force. We were pinned back time after time whenever we came up against the best European teams and had to rely on grit and fighting spirit to get us through like against Barcelona themselves in 2008. It's true that this Barcelona is not on par on some of the teams I am referring to under Fergie but Erik ten Hag is from a school of football that works obsessively on dominating territory and taking the game to the opposition. The fact that he manages to go this far in less than a year is truly brilliant. Couldn't be more optimistic for the coming seasons under his management.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
People saying he has no personality. He comes across as a managerial machine to me and I love it.

Probably the thing I least care about in my manager. Because when people is that word they don’t mean effective communicator, demeanour that demands respect / attention, authority etc They usually use it in the sense of being a colourful or entertaining personality which means feck all really.

ETH to me comes across as a superb at his actual job and on face value as a person you want to follow as he speaks sense and has an authority to him

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Good. Means he is not into dramas. Pep for all his managerial ability is prone to mental fatigue, thats why he took a sabatical. He can last this long at City because of those money, dont think he works as hard at City compared to his Barca days where he had more constraints to work with

Tarrou

I think that’s our best performance since he took over, or close to it

it’s an unreal turnaround from 12 months ago

and we have a functioning attack yet, the future is exciting as feck

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Good. Means he is not into dramas. Pep for all his managerial ability is prone to mental fatigue, thats why he took a sabatical. He can last this long at City because of those money, dont think he works as hard at City compared to his Barca days where he had more constraints to work with
The hardest I have seen him work was last week when he sold his soul to the devil and defended City against the charges.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've always maintained that Manchester United should always appoint a manager who looks to implement high intensity proactive attacking football. We never did that until we hired EtH. Still a way to go, but we're on the way to transitioning into a team which has the ability to impose our own game against all opponents. We just need to bring in about 3 starters.

Last edited:

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Actually Xavi has been always a bit of a fan of United, he even could have played for the them if it wasnt for.. Pep who persuaded him to stay at Barca back in the summer of 2008..

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Actually Xavi has been always a bit of a fan of United, he even could have played for the them if it wasnt for.. Pep who persuaded him to stay at Barca back in the summer of 2008..
If it wasn't for you, you mean?