g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Rolaholic

He really recreated his little dance :lol: :drool:

Hoping we'll be seeing it quite a few more times over his time here

Ricardo de la Vega

Players from other clubs must be watching and thinking they want to get in on this. In the same way Klopp and Pep were totemic figures for their clubs, Erik is going to have players queuing up wanting to play for him.
Did you see him with Casemiro - he pointed at him in the chest as though to say "I told you if you come here we will win things". Also loved seeing him with Antony at the end with his arm round him. Clearly he knows his confidence is fragile at the moment and he needs to send him to the Kung Fu Panda maestro who sorted Sancho's head out over Christmas/New Year. Right at the moment of his triumph he was still thinking about his team and motivating them.

OverratedOpinion

He's incredible.

I can't describe my fondness for him other than to say that if Rashford who is my favourite player fell out with him tomorrow and Ten Hag said Marcus had to go I would totally back his decision. That is a level of trust I have not felt in our manager since Sir Alex.

Swedish_Plumber

He’s ours and whilst he’s here I think there will be optimism and winning on that pitch.

Over the moon for him to win a trophy in his first season. The claws were out on him from the get go.

Bald is best.

nickm

I thought post the match was a good time to remember this article the Guardian wrote when we got beat by Brentford: "Manchester United are in crisis... Beyond the bare statistics of becoming the first United manager to.... preside over the worst start to a Premier League season in 30 years, Erik ten Hag’s reputation is already tattered. He will need to be an exceptional manager, a man of considerable moral courage, to recover from this."

He is, and he has. First trophy of many, I have absolutely no doubt, and there's bigger ones to come.

Loving this team.

Lost bear

Not gonna lie, That made me emotional as Ajax fan. You guys owe us a lot.
We do, and we love him. We'll look after him for you.
Actually, I'm also a big fan of the Dutch generally, love Amsterdam, love Ajax a little- and more so now. Thank you for Erik.

Robbie Boy

That was our 16th game of 2023, compared to Newcastle's 11. The way he managed the game was spot on, considering some of our lads are running on fumes. Incredible manager.

atkar83

The biggest positive from ten Hag is what he did to AWBs confidence. He was basically done and dusted as a United player in November. Ten Hag gave him some confidence and it paid off big today. Dalot was struggling and on a yellow, going into the 2nd half relying on him would have been trouble. We would have had no other choice if AWB wasn't the solid option he's become.

Jacob

We have world class players in all positions but RB, CM, ST and RW. 7 out of 11 are good enough to be in a PL/CL winning XI. I would say a consistent Fred is world class too, and for all we know, Sabitzer can prove to be it too.

RedDevilRoshi

Can’t believe Spurs didn’t hire him :lol: They Spurs’d it right up.
And we got massively criticised by the likes of Redknapp, Merson etc for not appointing Conte when we had the chance after Ole’s sacking.

Shows you what those dinosaurs know.

Irwin99

The relief! It feels like this could be the start of something special for the club again.

His subs were great too. Sabitzer and AwB in particular brought so much energy, and McTominay too.

BestRed

What a job this man has done, and beautiful thing is he's only just getting started.

nickm

Just saw this comment on the Guardian; loved it:

"I cannot get my head around the job Erik ten Hag's done. That club was a circus, and the team a joke. A laughing stock. Every single player who went there just disappeared. It was like the Bermuda Triangle of football. The decline had gone on, and on, and on... every last thing about Manchester United was wrong, on and off the pitch. Now look at them. The transformation is absolutely unbelievable.

"There's something old school about this team. Something hugely likeable. They're such a collective, they work fantastically hard for each other, and they are so, so united. Look at the joy on all those players' faces at the end. Look, too, at the hugely powerful connection they've re-established with the fans. Thursday night was a major statement; this one, even more so.

"A great, famous old football club are well and truly back."

Yes, yes we are.

kirk buttercup

"I cannot get my head around the job Erik ten Hag's done. That club was a circus, and the team a joke. A laughing stock. Every single player who went there just disappeared. It was like the Bermuda Triangle of football. The decline had gone on, and on, and on... every last thing about Manchester United was wrong, on and off the pitch. Now look at them. The transformation is absolutely unbelievable.

"There's something old school about this team. Something hugely likeable. They're such a collective, they work fantastically hard for each other, and they are so, so united. Look at the joy on all those players' faces at the end. Look, too, at the hugely powerful connection they've re-established with the fans. Thursday night was a major statement; this one, even more so.

Yes, yes we are.

I love this. And it sums up how I feel , ETH is a genius. Love him

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Yes, yes we are.
Lovely. If we make key additions while improving our posssesion play we could be some team considering the other aspects of our play - positional and tactical strength, transitional play, strong spine, and a mental fortitude not seen for awhile

Malone_Post

I absolutely love this man. He’s the most important person we’ve had at this club since Fergie.

The biggest cheer of the trophy presentation going to Erik when he lifted the trophy was beautiful and richly deserved. He’s galvanised this club when it was at its lowest. He’s reunited the fans and the players. The job he has done is outstanding.