Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 658 44.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 810 55.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BlahRules

Ten Haag won't be taking charge but you can bet these players will put some effort against Palace.

At least they will know that their performances will have consequences.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is he going to throw Rangnick out of his office? :nervous:

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Beautiful goodbye message posted by Ajax on their youtube channel

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Fingers crossed.
Come on, it's an old man!

But seriously, I don't remember seeing a future manager doing that, Mourinho wasn't working and didn't but maybe his agreement with Chelsea prevented it.

Cathy Ferguson

Tell us you've never seen an Erik Ten Hag side play football without telling us you've never seen a Erik Ten Hag side play football.
So you think McFred, AWB, Maguire, Telles are suited to play his football? Or that we can replace them on the cheap?

If we have a net budget of 140m and no decent CM then I would be very surprised if he signs a new expensive keeper. Henderson is decent coming off his line but a dodgy keeper.

united for life

Ten Haag won't be taking charge but you can bet these players will put some effort against Palace.

At least they will know that their performances will have consequences.
yes finally. Players have seemed to run out of gas (not sure why) and seem uninterested to play.

Tarrou

What a difference between ETH and Ole. The former is itching to start to work while the latter left a sinking ship to go on holiday in Norway
Are you mad at Ole for not working for United after he got fired?

RuudTom83

Part of me wants United/Murtough to tell the players not going to be here next season to clear out their lockers by midnight tonight.

So ETH can start with the current group tomorrow.

Real Name

What a difference between ETH and Ole. The former is itching to start to work while the latter left a sinking ship to go on holiday in Norway
What should a man who got fired do. Sit and look at the wall?
Strange comparison to say the least.

SirAF

Ageist
Are you mad at Ole for not working for United after he got fired?
He’s referring to when OGS went back to Norway on vacation when there was a storm brewing - weeks before he was sacked. It was noted at the time, and people thought he had already been given the axe since he suddenly jetted off.

RedDevilRoshi

Part of me wants United/Murtough to tell the players not going to be here next season to clear out their lockers by midnight tonight.

So ETH can start with the current group tomorrow.
Cant do that unfortunately, we’ve still got a game to play on Sunday! :rolleyes:

mu4c_20le

He’s referring to when OGS went back to Norway on vacation when there was a storm brewing - weeks before he was sacked.
This, it was back in November during the two week international break.

Dante

Average bang
He’s referring to when OGS went back to Norway on vacation when there was a storm brewing - weeks before he was sacked. It was noted at the time, and people thought he had already been given the axe since he suddenly jetted off.
EtH is going to go on holiday soon, as well.

I’m loving my life

It will be great if he can get over before Lingard leaves, to make him do a 200-hour non stop hardcore training session. He could also help Rashford nearer the door too by doing similar.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hopefully out of Old Trafford and Carrington too.
Bit harsh… think people are judging rangnick way to harshly. It hasn’t worked out for him and he hasn’t done what he wanted to do but I don’t think many other temporary managers would of. Rangnick is best at building teams and working behind the scenes at clubs. Which is the reason he went into that after management and the reason for our owners hiring him was to keep him on in a consultancy role. 95% of fans wanted rangnick to take over until the end of the season and then move upstairs. I don’t think any other caretaker choice would of exposed the club as much as rangnick as… he’s called out every problem within the club since he’s been here. He knows where the problems lie and he’ll work very hard next season to sort them out. There’s no denying that when it comes to football he definitely knows what he’s talking about unlike people like OGS who never ever talked about tactics etc in press conferences. Ten Hag is going to need some help when he starts next season and there’s no better person then rangnick to help him since he knows what we need to succeed having been there for halve a season.

TheRedHearted

Eh if things are rough a few days can help the mind and clarity. Should have came back, benched rashy and played matic at dm then maguire or lindelof there.

But really he should have gone to a beach somewhere, not Norway ☺
This, it was back in November during the two week international break.
^^
EtH is going to go on holiday soon, as well.
No he cancelled it.