Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 643 44.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 791 55.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Dansk

His first couple seasons are going to be out top 4, I can't see it being different.
Eh. We weren't far off making top 4 this season despite being absolutely terrible. He wouldn't have to elevate us all that much in order to get 4th place.

AshRK

Already loving this guy. He wants to make us number 1. Back him to the hilt for all I care.

Revaulx

I was worried he'd turn Matic into a left-sided centre-back since he's left-footed and can pass better than our centre-backs, but thankfully Matic is leaving.
Ralf tried Matić at centre back in the Young Boys dead rubber. He was superb for the first half hour, and terrible thereafter.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Brilliant that he’s terminated his contract early to start asap. That’s the attitude we need.

NoLogo

Predictable. As someone said, everyone is ETH-in, until he starts picking players they don't personally like.

I swear United fans can be so toxic sometimes.
Yeah, really a tragedy that he is realistic enough to know that he can't switch out the whole team and needs to work with the players he got. Really stupid of him, if he would only listen to the United fans who essentially want him to fire everyone on the team and completely rebuild the squad in 2 weeks, because that' possible on FM, so he shouldn't complain. :houllier:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What a difference between ETH and Ole. The former is itching to start to work while the latter left a sinking ship to go on holiday in Norway

AFC NimbleThumb

He wouldn't be allowed to take charge of our last match would he... would he... WOULD HE!!!???
Hope he doesn’t & just watches from a distance but in eye view. He should lurk for a week then drop the hammer the Monday after next Sunday.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Would be interesting to see if he does take charge, there’s 2 weeks until palace. I’d love it to be honest, buzzing for thE ETH era

CraftySoAndSo

A part of me wishes this hadn't been leaked so he could arrive tomorrow undetected. Then hide in one of the offices in Carrington and overlook training without anyone knowing he's there and can see up close what't really going on without anyone trying to impress him.

LordSpud

At the very least it should get the lads up for the last game. You know Rangnick will be giving ETH all the info and what hes seen over the past 6 months. To be a fly on the wall in that conversation!

Swedish_Plumber

I’m fully behind him. So much so that I’m willing to have an average season again next year if it means weeding out any player not putting in an effort.

If they down tools again then they leave. He’ll get a tune from those who buy into it, I’m certain.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He wouldn't be allowed to take charge of our last match would he... would he... WOULD HE!!!???
I doubt he wants to. Sounds like he wants the players back for a longer than usual preseason and to start next season properly prepared.

mu4c_20le

What a difference between ETH and Ole. The former is itching to start to work while the latter left a sinking ship to go on holiday in Norway
I'm sure Ole was also itching to work when they called him after sacking Jose.

Longshanks

Well maybe there is hope for the Palace game. I don't see no reason why he can't take charge and it be his first official game as manager. I suspect we won't see anyone in the Palace game who won't be here next season, give the players a chance to get into the new managers good books.

Amarsdd

such a dumb and unnecessary comment. Can't we just enjoy the hope we have with ETH and not try and derail the thread with stupidity?

kps88

No chance he takes charge against Palace. We haven't even finalised his coaching staff yet. Don't see why he would want to parachute into our current mess of a team anyway. He'd have little to gain and a lot to lose.

Pearl.Jam

Fvcking loving this news, the only bright spark in a black hole of a season that there’s no escaping from..I hope the absolute wasters we have littering our squad won’t get much sleep tonight!

Caesar2290

No chance he takes charge against Palace. We haven't even finalised his coaching staff yet.
That and I imagine he has too much respect for his fellow manager to undermine him like that. He is there probably to say hi to the squad and see how they train and then iron out the tranfer strategy for the summer with Mortough before he takes 7-10 days of deserved rest and back to it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If he's there for the full week, surely he can manage the Palace game :nervous:
I’d rather he watched from the stands so he can judge properly how shite they are… I expect him to turn up to training at some point to introduce himself to the squad throughout the week.

Gavinb33

That and I imagine he has too much respect for his fellow manager to undermine him like that. He is there probably to say hi to the squad and see how they train and then iron out the tranfer strategy for the summer with Mortough before he takes 7-10 days of deserved rest and back to it.

Yep, people saying he might take charge of Palace are misguided definitely.

Hs is here to likely meet the squad and finalise coaching and player recruitment with the director and then probably have 2 to 3 weeks off before back to it in June

AshRK

Rangnick is surely going to give him some harsh feedbacks of the club tomorrow.