g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
They might but United and Liverpool have to get bought by ME investors first otherwise Pep has no reason to leave.
He will go. Try Spains national team after the Euros.
Same with Klopp. He's going to be Germany manager by the next world cup

crossy1686

career ending
He will go. Try Spains national team after the Euros.
Same with Klopp. He's going to be Germany manager by the next world cup
They will go eventually but I think the level of competition in the PL has to become not worth it first. City can spend whatever they want, Klopp has everything his own way and none of the other big teams can get their shit together enough to knock them down a peg or two where they belong.

Once that happens they’ll both be off quicker than you can say ‘sportswashing’ and ‘one horse league’.

Blood Mage

We'll be difficult to live with when we sign a top striker. We play some lovely stuff at times.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Since Fergie retired it's been uncomfortable watching games against 'lesser' teams because there's always been the possibility that we'll either get outplayed or struggle until the final whistle. Under ETH we seem to have found a level of confident comfort that I haven't seen in years and is surely lengthening my life expectancy.

TheReligion

Abusive
Since Fergie retired it's been uncomfortable watching games against 'lesser' teams because there's always been the possibility that we'll either get outplayed or struggle until the final whistle. Under ETH we seem to have found a level of confident comfort that I haven't seen in years and is surely lengthening my life expectancy.
Very much agree with this. It’s a good sign.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Irrelevant. I like what Ole did and I like what ETH is doing. What’s that nonsense? Just say it’s someone who doesn’t appreciate ETH.
Don't irrelevant me with that nonsense. OGS was an unmitigated disaster who signed Maguire and AwB and we're still suffering from his clueless reign

pav1790

Mourinho second season? Of course you can argue about other things but we were mostly comfortable no?

Gasolin

Don't irrelevant me with that nonsense. OGS was an unmitigated disaster who signed Maguire and AwB and we're still suffering from his clueless reign
That’s a complete nonsense. They have been useful in the season we finished second and played to help with a certain objective. We destroyed all of that with Ronaldo instead of a midfield but it is what it is.

Again, someone who doesn’t appreciate ETH is not necessarily a Ole’s fan.

Acquire Me

That’s a complete nonsense. They have been useful in the season we finished second and played to help with a certain objective. We destroyed all of that with Ronaldo instead of a midfield but it is what it is.

Again, someone who doesn’t appreciate ETH is not necessarily a Ole’s fan.
That’s right, but he is a bloody fool.

croadyman

Pep no, because he had to buy 6 right backs and 3 goalkeepers at least before they got going. Imagine him not being able to spend obscene money on squad players and having his hands tied.
Yeah he wouldn't have coped with that

foolsgold

He's got a couple of massive games this month, if we can beat Bournemouth and get something from City and Arsenal then we're at the edge of the title race.

Need to get a striker in rapid though

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
If United make top 4 it'll be built on the backbone of DDG, Varane, Casemiro and especially Rashford. These are they guys who've been consistently sound all season so far.
Martinez and Eriksen been brilliant too.
Just shows what a really good manager and a some new players can do. EtH signings been class so far tbf. Lets hope it continues that way.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Mourinho second season? Of course you can argue about other things but we were mostly comfortable no?
I know what you're saying and that probably reflects in the results. I'm talking more intangibly - this is the first time since Fergie (for me) that I haven't been on edge approaching and throughout games against teams we're generally expected to beat. It's hard to explain properly but I'm never second guessing ETH pre-match, I'm never worried during games and if we take the lead I'm relaxed and confident we'll see it through if not increasing our lead. It's not been like that for years, I've always been on tenterhooks expecting a massive cock up. He's provided a consistency and calming influence that we haven't had for years.

Lyng

Gotta say I really like Erik. He is the first manager since Fergie where I feel he is truly a United manager

pav1790

I know what you're saying and that probably reflects in the results. I'm talking more intangibly - this is the first time since Fergie (for me) that I haven't been on edge approaching and throughout games against teams we're generally expected to beat. It's hard to explain properly but I'm never second guessing ETH pre-match, I'm never worried during games and if we take the lead I'm relaxed and confident we'll see it through if not increasing our lead. It's not been like that for years, I've always been on tenterhooks expecting a massive cock up. He's provided a consistency and calming influence that we haven't had for years.
I think it’s to do with how deliberate we are now. While Dave s been good he was almost god like back in that year. Not a good show when your keeper is outshining outfield.

Valencia Shin Crosses

There was no real luck today. Apart from a couple of long shots and a corner we kept Wolves at arms length throughout! It’s been a long time since we’ve looked so solid- next step is obviously to improve us offensively as we are still pretty poor in that regard compared to most of our competitors
We actually create a decent amount, just have finished terribly all year. Think the stat was we are 4th in big chances created in the league.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
What he's done already should not be dismissed lightly as luck.

He's even getting tunes out of players we thought were for the scrap heap. And if plugging Luke Shaw into his system as a CB and him performing excellently isn't proof of the man's coaching ability I don't know what is. Even AWB looks like a player again.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I suspect it means he wants the u23s to play the exact system the first team are playing. Isn't this what most top sides do anyway?

The idea is that players can plug into the first team and already know exactly what their role is.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I suspect it means he wants the u23s to play the exact system the first team are playing. Isn't this what most top sides do anyway?

The idea is that players can plug into the first team and already know exactly what their role is.
This is what should already be happening yes. However with the different coaches and managers we’ve had over the years they’re all probably drilled in different systems and styles. Ten Hag should be here for the long run so it makes sense to change all this.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Well I didn't. I expect utd (after spending tons each year) to at least have a fighting chance for silverware. The transition argument gets used a lot. Teams like Real or Barca or Bayern never are in transition. They always compete and that is a fact.
Laughable, since there's only 2 or 3 teams in their respective leagues competing. Statement removed, revoked. Even bin bagged.

Last edited:

darioterios

“Of course I still give the coaches freedom to work, but I also give them direction, by saying for example ‘I want that player to start making minutes in that position
“In the Netherlands, I had made the step towards taking more of a managerial role at Ajax. If you don't have competent people around you, you can't delegate and you're going to do it all yourself anyway.

“But if you do have competent people, you have to bring them into your vision and then you can delegate tasks. An example is the training process with the senior team. I know this is in good hands with (coach) Mitchell van der Gaag.

“Because he is at the training sessions, I can often take an overview view. Then, as a manager, you see a lot more than if you are working on the training exercises
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-ten-hag-reserves-28849566