Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 485 50.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 468 49.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Those years of agony and horror are almost forgotten.
And those who questioned his staff picks, shame on you

Last edited:

Matson

If he wins us the league this season. Every match day fan in the last home game of the season should shave there head bald.

Yik

Just back from the match. Bad first half but I didn't mind because Ten Hag was shouting at the players constantly, waving his arms about. He is a proper manager, I guess its unfair to compare with Ole but hey its such a stark change, its worth mentioning I think.

UDontMessWith24

I've also said this team is much more solid. Better defensively. I think things are looking stronger for the future.

But in an attacking sense, yeah I think we for periods were better under Ole. That's not a criticism of ETH though, I'm sure it'll come.

Right now our attack is the ball through to Rashford, usually from Bruno. Which is pretty much been our thing for three years now. Anyone going on about our attacking play being so much better is seeing what they want to see.

Again, not a criticism of ETH. Reality is outside of Rashford and Bruno barely anyone else is contributing.
During those periods, Martial and Pogba were turning up, as well as the academy player breaking through and plying at a very high level. Compare that to Fred, Weghorst and Antony who has been injured for a bit.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Great words for Bruno. Also love how he is already gearing up the fans to make it hostile as feck for Barca.

dove

The ”you cannot expect anything until he gets at least 5 years and £500m to spend" gang must be absolutely gobsmacked what kind of dark magic ETH is doing. Feck Woodward for wasting nearly a decade hiring dinosaurs and "go out there and express yourselves lads" types of managers. It's far from a finished product but ETH is quite clearly the man to take us back where we belong.

stw2022

We finally have a MANAGER to match the standards of this club. He doesn't whine about injuries or hectic schedule or lack of spending in January. He is just doing his job and that too perfectly.

Top class stuff.
To be fair Fergie wouldn't have stopped moaning about the hectic schedule and he was more than decent at his job

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To be fair Fergie wouldn't have stopped moaning about the hectic schedule and he was more than decent at his job
Thats because it genuinely does good to moan. Look at the leeway Klopp and Guardiola manage to get.

ETH is just getting settled first.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Thats because it genuinely does good to moan. Look at the leeway Klopp and Guardiola manage to get.

ETH is just getting settled first.
This is true. People complain when you complain (which is ironic in itself) but when has NOT complaining achieved anything in life?

And I was pleasantly surprised to see EtH animated against Barcelona and in his remarks on VAR after the Casemiro sending off.

The fact he doesn't complain often might also lend extra weight whenever he decides to speak up. I think he's learning quickly and will manage to find his way round influencing the domestic football agenda soon enough.

Waynne

Love to wake up to a comfortable 3-0 win since games here in NZ are live very early in the morning.

:drool:

Judas

Open to offers
First half was hard viewing, we got lucky. But that second half was a wonderfully relaxing watch, the kind we've just not been lucky to have in recent years anywhere near enough.

Rolaholic

I really hope Fergie is enjoying what he's seeing now. Was he there today?
Yes he was :D

Feels like he hasn't missed a match in a while. He's been showing up home and away weekly which speaks wonders to how he must be feeling about our current manager

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Pretty good this fella. Think I'd like to keep him around

Robbie Boy

A 71.1% win record after 38 games is incredible, when you consider what a fecking mess last season was.

Today, we started with only 3 of his signings, and our football looks like a different sport to the one we served up last season. Bear in mind, 2 of those 3 signings were made last month.

VixV

Has anyone noticed the shift in attitude from Ten Hag in his interviews? I remember his interviews being quite modest, all about making progress and improving, one day at a time talk, but recently he seems totally fired up to win win win and get trophies. I'm loving it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ah, a slow start again. I hope this can be rooted out. Heard the second half was amazing but we need to try and put games to bed early on.
There are short highlights on YouTube, ddg made 2 world class saves.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Ah, a slow start again. I hope this can be rooted out. Heard the second half was amazing but we need to try and put games to bed early on.
We came out of the blocks well, controlled the first ten-ish minutes, but we were dominated the remainder of the half.

crossy1686

career ending
De Gea kept us in it first half. Fred had one of those games and surrendered possession at every opportunity, Bruno was also playing erratic balls straight to the oppo. Rashford scored totally against the run of play but it was still absolute rubbish for most of the half