g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
seems he's got confused between being good in transitions and counter-attacking football

they are not the same thing, so there is no contradiction between wanting to control the football and being good in transitions like he is suggesting
It's a common mistake. Many associate quick football exclusively with counter-attacking football.

SAF's teams were excellent in transition. They were NOT pure counter-attacking sides though, they were much better than that.

Stadjer

I don't think he had that much stick for it overall to be honest. The vast majority could clearly see the negative effect Ronaldo was having on the style of play and the squsad overall.
What? Really? Before the interview there were so many people saying ETH made a mistake. Every missed chances it was 'Ronaldo scores that' followed by blame on ETH for not playing Ronaldo.

The whole media narrative bar Jamie Carragher was that scoring is the hardest and Ronaldo is the best scorer so not playing Ronaldo is stupid.

It all changed after the interview. Only the people who can trully be called Ronaldo fanboys stayed loyal to Ronaldo after that. Before that ETH got a lot of stick for not playing Ronaldo or disrespecting Ronaldo for using him as a sub.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I won't be surprised if we are near the top. The core players are there, Shaw, Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, Bruno, Rashford. Hopefully, Antony steps up is 2nd season and we know Dalot and AWB can do what is needed. Now we have Mount, Onana and Hoijund where Hoijund would be a question mark. We are definitely a good XI side at least ask some questions. City lost a few players Mahez and Gundogan will definitely hurt them maybe Walker is leaving as well. Haaland would have a difficult 2nd season.
Who's that?

NLunited

Watch Antony debut goal vs Arsenal, its a perfect illustration of the slow slow fast principle. You would think its a counter attacking goal watching the last 5 seconds but every player got on the ball and it only speeds up when we found Bruno in between the line. Antony vs Arsenal
Yes I remember that one. Brilliant pass from Eriksen.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I don't think he had that much stick for it overall to be honest. The vast majority could clearly see the negative effect Ronaldo was having on the style of play and the squsad overall.
The general impression I got was that it was mainly Ronaldo and his media mates giving Ten Hag stick. The only ones who backed Ten Hag and his decision was us the united fans.

Crimson King

This is why I think it's unfair to include full transfer fees when doing stuff like this. Like with Martial, we'll probably never pay the full amount that was initially reported!

They should have both, the guaranteed and then potential with add-ons in brackets.

I get why they do it though, pure rage bait.

Gavinb33

Really interested to see how Erik approaches this season. Last season he near enough had a free pass from the media as there were clear and obvious deficiencies in our squad, the Ronaldo issue etc. Overall consensus was that this wasnt his team and he had done a decent job to acheive top 4.

This season the dogs will be unleashed the minute things start to go off track, I wonder if he can keep his cool through it all and remain dominant in controlling the narrative as he has done so far.
You don't remember the response after the 1st 2 games of the season, Sky went to town on him sent Neville and Carragher to Carrington to grill before that Liverpool game

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
This is why I think it's unfair to include full transfer fees when doing stuff like this. Like with Martial, we'll probably never pay the full amount that was initially reported!

They should have both, the guaranteed and then potential with add-ons in brackets.

I get why they do it though, pure rage bait.
I don't understand why full terms of any transfer aren't publicly disclosed. It should be a rule. Keep everything above board and accountable.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Said he wants us to be pressing machines, we are well on our way.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Interesting if that chipped goal makes him rethink this risky tactic.

Our buildup is non existent, I seriously question the Mount transfer. I'm very surprised he's going for that "transition" style and settling for basketball games.

Judas

Open to offers

Our buildup is non existent, I seriously question the Mount transfer. I'm very surprised he's going for that "transition" style and settling for basketball games.
He’s not LVG, he won’t throw his entire game plan in the bin off one daft goal in a friendly, thankfully.

Manncunian

Is this a serious post?? :lol:

Holocene

This is a parody.

Trex

The team is split into two. Onana and the back four and then the front three and two 8s with Casemiro in between.
Martinez was moving into midfield during the build up to support Case. We're playing similarly to his Ajax team first phase now were center backs can move higher with Shaw playing the Daley Blind role as a center back/left back hybrid.
People talking about Mount position don't get it his role is to kick start the counter press and offer movement higher up while we're in possession.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I just can’t imagine being a grown up and reading into things from pre season games.
It was a pretty decent opponent and we played full strength. Also last game before the real football starts (I can't imagine first XI playing tomorrow).

I can't imagine how people ignore this actually. Previous games didn't matter, but this is a good indicator of how we'll start the season.

The team is split into two. Onana and the back four and then the front three and two 8s with Casemiro in between.

Martinez was moving into midfield during the build up to support Case. We're playing similarly to his Ajax team first phase now were center backs can move higher with Shaw playing the Daley Blind role as a center back/left back hybrid.

People talking about Mount position don't get it his role is to kick start the counter press and offer movement higher up while we're in possession.
That effectively takes a midfielder out, and forces Bruno deeper. I can't see that being effective but fair enough, let's see.

edcunited1878

Many people don't get much things to begin with...EtH is condensing the pitch and causing chaos in a compact space where winning the ball back is necessary. It'll take 1 to 4 passes to break down a team. Hojlund makes a lot of runs, as does Marcus and Mount. If it fails, then they win the ball back a do it again...maybe not as quickly but it is tiring to defend against if wave after wave comes at you.

The base defensive shape was established last season and the pitch has been condensed and passing from the back has been upgraded 10 fold via Onana.

cyberman

It was a pretty decent opponent and we played full strength. Also last game before the real football starts (I can't imagine first XI playing tomorrow).

I can't imagine how people ignore this actually. Previous games didn't matter, but this is a good indicator of how we'll start the season.
I seem to remember we usually win these games (easily enough as well) and that wouldn’t stop us going on to have a shit start to a season?
It’s pre season, we see what happens to sides when they have nothing to play for towards the end the end of the season or in a dead second leg cup game.
I’d go as far to say teams shouldn’t be judged until 3/4 games into the season itself never mind a pre season game

Hammondo

What? Really? Before the interview there were so many people saying ETH made a mistake. Every missed chances it was 'Ronaldo scores that' followed by blame on ETH for not playing Ronaldo.

The whole media narrative bar Jamie Carragher was that scoring is the hardest and Ronaldo is the best scorer so not playing Ronaldo is stupid.

It all changed after the interview. Only the people who can trully be called Ronaldo fanboys stayed loyal to Ronaldo after that. Before that ETH got a lot of stick for not playing Ronaldo or disrespecting Ronaldo for using him as a sub.
I think the majority supported it, even though weere a vocal few who didn't.

Trex

That effectively takes a midfielder out, and forces Bruno deeper. I can't see that being effective but fair enough, let's see.
City and Arsenal do the same. A defender usually move into midfield to support the DM in possession. It was Martinez doing so today. You need to commit five players forward so you have one player occupying the right wing, right half space, center, left half space and left wing at the same time.

croadyman

Will be so frustrating for him not to have Rasmus available for the first 3 games of season

always_hoping

What does this mean? Should we not have signed him due to him not being fit for a couple of games? Bit short sighted perhaps?
I only see now it's injury related. Thought 3 weeks out due to paper work visa issues. Apologies to the Glazers business men buddies on this occasion for crossing the Ts on this transfer.