Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 386 45.6%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 460 54.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If he doesn't sub Rashford and we don't win this game, he'll be under the cosh.

Absolute diabolical play in attack and Rashford gets away with absolutely no end product while Bruno is beyond useless.

sillwuka

He should have known the Mount Bruno Casemiro midfield wasn't going to cut it.

Had the chance to play Bruno rw, Mount 10 and Hannibal CM. That decision making could cost us this game.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Its not working. The players do not give a shit. They may be nice to his face, but the players have no idea what to do.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
The fact you think a team that focusses on transitions must by definition have less possession pretty much says it all. Hence my original post.

I didn't bother reading the rest since that basic proposition is wrong and makes the rest of your argument moot.
:D. We are a poor team. Transition is just a fancy name for a poorly crafted team.

Good teams, title winning teams have POSSESSION and score goals and leak less considerable amount of goals.

If you think Liverpool is a 'transition team' then good for you. But Liverpool have 2nd best possession, score over 80+ goals, get over 90+ points, leak less than 35 goals.

Something Manchester United has been unable to achieve in its 10 years, even with ETH he won't achieve 90 points or score 80+ goals it's as clear as they come.

But in more ways than 1 we play like Liverpool to some fans in this forum:D.

Ask yourself, which other team in the Premier League calls itself a Transition Team, or even in the world football? Name a coach who publicly claimed to be transition team?

We are a poorly crafted team, who thrive on moments, who can't pass the ball well, who can't have sustained pressure on opponents who have now mutated to a fancy name called transition team.

GMoore23

Can't coach creative possession football. We'll never challenge for the title until we have a manager who can.

lilcurt

Can't coach creative possession football. We'll never challenge for the title until we have a manager who can.
The problem isn't the manager plan. Club is rotten all the way through, an some of the players who have been here through multiple managers need to look inward.

GMoore23

The problem isn't the manager plan. Club is rotten all the way through, an some of the players who have been here through multiple managers need to look inward.
We're playing the managers way. Slow dreary passing along the back line, terrified to press up field.

hobbers

Weird mismatch of moments FC and his old boy network. Starting to look inevitable we'll have yet another new manager next season.

Mount and Antony really really poor signings. Then let down badly by Rashford and Casemiro (and Martinez due to injury). Shows just how much those 3 carried us in the first half of last season.

GMoore23

That's not how his Ajax side played.

For me his mistake is sticking with players like Rashford
His Ajax side were like what PSG and Bayern are in their leagues. That's why I was sceptical about him beforehand.

He's never been truly tested until now.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Starting to see signs of the wheels coming off….the same way it did with all our previous managers. It’s like they turn into underperforming zombies after a while. Rinse and repeat.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Looks like he's not good for EPL, the tactic is boring. Afraid that he will just focus to try and win cups this season.
Right. All he could manage is get 3rd place and a cup, in his first season, with a real crap of a squad and no striker. What does he know...

AndySmith1990

Starting to see signs of the wheels coming off….the same way it did with all our previous managers. It’s like they turn into underperforming zombies after a while. Rinse and repeat.
It can only be down to the culture of the club, because we have an almost completely different group of players to those who played for LVG and Mourinho, but the same things keep happening

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
This is like LVGs reign, we just struggle to score goals!
We were very comfortable on the ball during the LVG era (more so than at any other point post-SAF), we just didn't bother with any silly stuff like shooting or even going past the halfway line.

Irwin99

10. Palace have had 4. Score from a set piece then park the bus.
I saw the stat that we only had one shot on target in the first half. I can 100% believe it. Even if we go on to win this game I'm really worried about the goals in this team and where they're going to come from.

I can't be bothered to look at the stats again but I think (need to check) we've only had one season in the post Fergie era where we've scored above 70 goals in the league and that was Ole's 2nd place finish. A persistent problem it seems.

Shark

@NotShark
Literally no manager worth his salt is going to come here, and even if one does he's not going to do shit under this ownership. The sooner people realise that the better. There's a reason why Klopp called us Disney Land.

Skills

Snitch
We were very comfortable on the ball during the LVG era (more so than at any other point post-SAF), we just didn't bother with any silly stuff like shooting or even going past the halfway line.
We were good in the first 2/3 of the pitch. We generally had no trouble pinning teams back, but couldn't then find get into a threatening position from there.

But if you look at the starting line up, it was hardly a surprise. He was just shite at buying players. The one creative force he did have (Di Maria), he ended up falling out with.

Skills

Snitch
Literally no manager worth his salt is going to come here, and even if one does he's not going to do shit under this ownership. The sooner people realise that the better. There's a reason why Klopp called us Disney Land.
:lol:

Not this shit again. Football's Managerial workforce is exclusively full of saints who work for pleasure rather than money. Right.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I've said it before and I'll say it again, one thing I think CR made a point about is the investment in the club *off* the pitch. Like any other employer players need to also be motivated by investment in facilities, other staff etc. The fact so many years ago now LvG had to think of/demand something basic like placing trees around the training pitch, or installing cameras is ridiculous when you think about it.

Nothing, absolutely nothing will change until the Glazers are out and the entire way of operating the club is turned upside down.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
We were good in the first 2/3 of the pitch. We generally had no trouble pinning teams back, but couldn't then find get into a threatening position from there.

But if you look at the starting line up, it was hardly a surprise. He was just shite at buying players. The one creative force he did have (Di Maria), he ended up falling out with.
LVG with a competent DOF could have been a huge success at United. Even his initial tactical scheme that he abandoned (with 3 at the back) ended up being successful in the PL just a few years later.

quadrant

:D. We are a poor team. Transition is just a fancy name for a poorly crafted team.

Good teams, title winning teams have POSSESSION and score goals and leak less considerable amount of goals.

If you think Liverpool is a 'transition team' then good for you. But Liverpool have 2nd best possession, score over 80+ goals, get over 90+ points, leak less than 35 goals.

Something Manchester United has been unable to achieve in its 10 years, even with ETH he won't achieve 90 points or score 80+ goals it's as clear as they come.

But in more ways than 1 we play like Liverpool to some fans in this forum:D.

Ask yourself, which other team in the Premier League calls itself a Transition Team, or even in the world football? Name a coach who publicly claimed to be transition team?

We are a poorly crafted team, who thrive on moments, who can't pass the ball well, who can't have sustained pressure on opponents who have now mutated to a fancy name called transition team.
The reason Liverpool circa 2019-2020 had a lot of possession is because they were the best in the world at winning it back quickly, a key point of transition. There is absolutely no conflict between being good in transition and having lots of possession, the two are not mutually exclusive. Which is why you continually going on about possession is irrelevent.

STYLOISRED

Please man, drop Rashford and Bruno and make them fight for their spots in the starting 11 and please for the love of all that is holy, tell Case he doesn't need to camp high up the pitch all the time. He is a DM ffs!

Shark

@NotShark
:lol:

Not this shit again. Football's Managerial workforce is exclusively full of saints who work for pleasure rather than money. Right.
Since Moyes, the only managers that have come here are has beens, and an interim who initially did well and got a full time contract. ETH is the first up and coming young manager and he's failing. Who is going to come here and become a success under this ownership aside from Klopp or Pep. Even the jury is out on them under the rot that is this ownership.

Shimo

Game like today against CP makes me knee jerk react and wonder what the man is thinking. Has 5 subs, could have made one at half time yet waited till the standard 60 min mark to makes another 15 minutes later, like there is no deviation in game plan. With as much of the ball we've had, we could have played 2 strikers with Bruno dropping deeper to dictate play but, doesn't seem to have a plan B - just keep playing the same way with no effect.

Based Adnan

Falling into the same old trap as his predecessors. Playing his favourites that will let him down and result in a culture of zero accountability for performances.

RORY65

In fairness Woodward called us Disney Land to Klopp, he saw it as a positive rather than a negative. I tend to agree to some extent about the ownership and the structure at the club but Ten Hag is also doing a poor job, when Ole was here people complained that there were no patterns of play and it was difficult to see what the team had done in training all week and I'm not sure that has changed and our play is so much more sporadic and random than it is with the best sides.

Skills

Snitch
LVG with a competent DOF could have been a huge success at United. Even his initial tactical scheme that he abandoned (with 3 at the back) ended up being successful in the PL just a few years later.
I doubt it - he would've ended up falling out with one. He fell out with them at all of his former clubs. He was a good coach, but just too arrogant and flawed. In many ways, he probably had the most drama free tenure of his entire career at Utd because he was allowed to do whatever the feck he wanted.