Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 420 47.7%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 460 52.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

breezy12

Don't know why he's shaking his head on the touchline, it's his shit style of play.

El Zoido

Liverpools board only started getting their praise after they stumbled onto Klopp. They weren’t any better than the Glazers before then.

The right man can still galvanize and make a massive difference to the culture of the club. There is definitely still room to explore there after some truly horrendous choices.

It’s not like he hasn’t been backed. This is just awful.
No I agree, it’s a big problem. But now half of the squad is ETH signings. Next manager will need 2 years to bin them off and build the squad in his image, so we’d better hope the next manager is better at recruitment. Because we know it’ll be the same old story where we put 100% faith in the manager’s transfer targets, we don’t have the infrastructure to do it any other way.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't think its his inability to out master opponents, as we did beat the top 4 plus Pool last year. His transfers however, have been absolutely calamitous. He threw money at every position and still hasn't managed to resolve our goal scoring problem.
That's where I disagree. While I agree that we don't have world class forwards, most of them are quite capable of scoring goals, but our rushed football with no real style isn't exactly helping us scoring those goals. I haven't checked, so I am shooting blind here, but I bet that Bruno's inidividual career goalscoring stats have been the worst under Ten Hag.

Toblerone92

Problem is what do we do with all the garbage players he has bought in if we sack him? It’s the same every time. He’s clearly not up to the task but this obscene wasting of money on every new manager is absurd. Without a DOF this club is doomed no matter the manager. The last decade of Manchester United’s history will be studied in business schools in exactly how not to run a club.

spiriticon

Honestly Erik. In the last 100 or even 200 matches, how many last minute goals or assists have you seen Maguire and Van Der Beek get?

Jesus wept.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He is tinkering around with formations that make zero sense and he does not drop the poor players. Result: we keep on losing

PoTMS

So we get battered by our rivals and now lose to shite teams. Yeah, he's not it. I can't wait to get rid of him.

BarryWinks

I don't rate him highly as a coach. I definitely don't think he's as progressive in thinking or style as he was marketed to be. Will have no problem with him getting sacked this season but still a bit too early for me.

redom

At least we went out and played with a much better tempo in the second half but we look so clueless in the final third, he needs to do something about how toothless we look and I don't know how he's going to do it.

Ole'sgunnarwin

He has to go now. Can't lose over half your matches for the biggest club in the world. Added the conceding 6 and 7 last year to our rivals. The performances are just getting worse and worse. We all know he's not turning this around. Let's not kid ourselves.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
There is no sign of progress in the way we play. Where is this fabled pressing system? We'd been awful since the start of the season both in ability, approach and fitness.

He is lucky though the Glazers probably don't care enough to get rid of him any time soon.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I think we’ve become a cup team under ETH. Seen it said the other day but thought nothing of it. Caraboa cup is our ambitions!

prateik

So.. how long before the inevitable sacking?

What the feck does he even do? Other than make dodgy signings..

Makes me miss Oleball. That is how dire this shit is.

Falconhoof

Yet another game where I'm watching us with no emotion at all. They've sucked it out of me these last ten years. Just a huge mess from top to bottom. Totally aimless business/franchise now in every way

Castia

He’s under pressure for me now. 4 losses in 7 and it’s not been the hardest start on paper.

Theres no plan, we look absolutely clueless both in and out of possession. Palace happy to sit back and watch us create absolutely feck all.

Absolute shit show

Orange Tree

Needs to turn this around quickly. The system with Mount and Bruno pairing in the middle is rubbish. We end up just passing it at the back between the two CBs and lump it wide to Rashford. Amrabat helped a bit in possesion today, but no one was able to progress the ball.

With how we have been playing this season, even if all our players coming back from injury, we'd still be nowhere near challenging for the title.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's where I disagree. While I agree that we don't have world class forwards, most of them are quite capable of scoring goals, but our rushed football with no real style isn't exactly helping us scoring those goals. I haven't checked, so I am shooting blind here, but I bet that Bruno's inidividual career goalscoring stats have been the worst under Ten Hag.
Agree to disagree. Rashford's scoring last year was a one off that he is never likely to repeat. Beyond that, we don't have a proper striker, so obviously the goals won't be there (we have 7 in 7 fixtures, whereas Newcastle had 8 in one game alone). Pure negligence from EtH and it predictably shows in our results.

hobbers

We went from looking utter dog shit against any top 10 side away from home, to looking utter dog shit against the worst sides in the league at Old Trafford. Almost overnight.

maximus419

Been found out really. A one trick pony, but seems to talk a good game but what we see on the pitch contradicts what he says in interviews.