Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 382 63.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Abraxas

Really strange at the moment.

I don't think we're looking as shit as the results suggest in all areas of the game, there are some ridiculous brainfarts and mental fragility that make it look a lot worse than the general play. But unfortunately for the manager it all falls under his remit so it doesn't really matter how you slice and dice the reasons, you have to be doing better than this in a second season. In any season really but it's a big regression from what was expected to build on last season.

Badly needs some results. I don't think he's in imminent danger but he needs a big upturn before Christmas.

MattofManchester

Last season, we could see a clear structure and style. Not sure what's happened, but that's all disappeared.

We look lost on the pitch. Not even sure what these strange systems are aiming to achieve.

Manager looks very subdued as well.

I don't know why or how we keep having this happen.

Pressure too great, perhaps.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Don’t blame him today. We played well and individual errors cost us

TempusFugit

What more is he supposed to do? These players are a disgrace. Schoolboy decision making when presented with a clear opportunity to score, can't hold leads and sabotaging the entire team with shit decisions at crucial moments. Ten hag has had some faults this season but I'm putting 100% of the blame on the players for this one.

Redstain

Problem is it doesn't look like it's going to turn around, he won't last the season ths drop off is too significant.

gaffs

You lose a man, get lucky with the pen miss, you have to tighten it up.

The manager has to get in there and get the team setup in a defensive formation. Get some control back and try and nick it.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
@VP89 must feel terrible having to concede to the logic of a bunch of 12 year olds. Unlucky mate!

Someone

Something
I'd love to support him and I hoped he would do well

But you have just see him standing in the rain thinking "Why did I buy Onana?", his own recruitments are letting him down. What a shambles
Yeah. I think he's overall a good manager, but man does he sign rubbish players. This will be his downfall.

T_Model101

Maybe he's the calmest man alive, who never shows emotion... But that scene of him standing in the rain with a glum look on his face was all a bit reminiscent of McLarens last match with England

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Another history-making record to ten Hag's name already. Unbelievable!

Robbie Boy

If his name was Louis, Ole or Jose, he'd be fecking sacked.
Well, no? LvG survived about 6 months of heavy scrutiny and Jose/Ole got until late November despite being fecking terrible in those seasons. He'll get at least another 5 odd games.

el3mel

Should be the final nail in the coffin. Ridiculous to lose such game against such opponent and it's all due to his signings bottling it.

Yet people want to give him more money, crazy !

He won't see the season through.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not really. I think we're playing our usual hopeless brand of football and once again we've been punished for it
We created enough chances to be two or three goals out of sight, Bruno and Rashford missing some big chances.

I agree on our defending needing improvement though. For me ten hag needs to go back to basics and make us more solid at the back. I'd also want him to drop Bruno and Rashford like a sack of potatoes.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Once again the majority of caf was wrong. The majority wanted him and now they are quick to want him sacked. At least give him time ffs. He wasn't my first choice because I knew he wasn't as good, but at least he was good enough for us the vast majority to want him. Give him time to turn it around.

Biggins

Truth be told, if it is any other club, he is sacked in the morning. The new formation simply does not work. We are to light in central midfield and Cas cannot do everything on his own.

Woodenlung

Really dislike a lot of the fan base at times like this. ETH isn't a useless manager and last season oversaw the most progress we've made since Ferguson retired. We've become so entitled and blinded to the rot at the top.

I do think he'll probably resign or be sacked. Things have gotten bad and the Glazer's will want a scapegoat which plenty of posters on RedCafe will gladly lap up. I think that'll be the wrong decision as we'll just be in the same position next year or the year after.

Geistman

I'd love to support him and I hoped he would do well

But you have just see him standing in the rain thinking "Why did I buy Onana?", his own recruitments are letting him down. What a shambles
Yeah I think that's fair. Onana has a seasons worth of mistakes. Personally thought he should be coming off his line when Dalot was struggling with Zaha.

theatreofdreams777

This idiot is even worse than Ole. I didn't think it was possible but he made it so. Wasted so much money on dross like Onana etc. Sack him

El Zoido

It’s gone horribly wrong, and the players aren’t playing for him anymore. They’re playing like they’re trying to get him sacked.

United Hobbit

I really thought we'd finally hired "the one". I really wanted him to succeed and was excited at his hiring

But who do we get? I honestly don't know at this point. Who would come?

But if we do sack him, the same old suspects will have got rid of yet another manager

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
He won’t change the club fortunes but nor would any other manager. We all know who needs to ultimately leave.

the only silver lining is it looks like we won’t even qualify for the Europa. Varane’s claims about winning the CL makes him look like a clown.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't quite understand what's going on here. Ten Hag seems to be a good coach and should have been able to raise everyone's game. Transfers aside, one should in theory at least see a purpose behind his decisions and style.

But honestly, it's all just rather shit.
He doesn't really. Not in his United days surely.

OmarUnited4ever

Feel sorry for him, too many mistakes and self inflicted loss, he has no control of the players behaviors, we play like 11 randos put together in a hurry, which shows in some good individual performances (Hojlund and Mount) and no team performance at all.

Jericholyte2

Should be the final nail in the coffin. Ridiculous to lose such game against such opponent and it's all due to his signings bottling it.

Yet people want to give him more money, crazy !

He won't see the season through.
Pub team defending for the goals from Dalot, Lindelof & Varane, all his signings???

Blood Mage

He's not really. The club aren't proactive in the slightest. He will be here until things reach rock bottom like with Jose/Ole.
I don't know how much worse things can get to be honest. Back to back losses at Old Trafford against two of the weakest teams we'll play this season.

Flying_Heckfish

All hope is gone now. Just a matter of time for him.

Out of the CL more than likely, unlikely to make CL next year.

5 losses in 7. Back to back at home.

What has changed since he came in?

We still fold under any pressure.

We still can't break a low block.

We don't have any discernable style.

400 mil on signings, and most of them poor.

Whoever comes next, they need to be a coach first and foremost. These players are not playing anywhere near their level.

I really wanted this one to work, but I just can't see it now. We are spiralling yet again. City game will be a bloodbath.