Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 433 48.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 463 51.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DavelinaJolie

The thing I think is disconcerting is the club has brought in a lot of players he wanted, and yet the team still looks like a complete disjointed Frankenstein mess. Yeah injuries and the rest, but I really can't see the cohesive transition football he was talking about, and surely he'd be able to bring about that with the talent at his disposal?

Jezpeza

laugh all you like. Any half decent organised side will turn us over from here on in. ‘Give him more time’ is bollocks. No club in the premier league lets a manager lose week in week out. Least of all one of our size. Forms worse than before we sacked Ole

led_scholes

How is it possible that his team had more of a style 3 months into his reign and 12 months later has nothing?

Anyway. I think he ll be gone by December and I think he has lost the dressing room. I guess that's a hard lesson for him because he decided he didn't want any advise and he could do it on his own.

Superunknown

We've got a serious lack of defenders right now, which is compounding the problem. But, even so, we should be tightening up at the back. It's so, so easy to score against us. We've conceded 7 goals in 2 Champions League games.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How can anyone defend this shit. Have standards dropped that much?

jamesjimmybyrondean

We look poorly coached. We don’t play as a team and too many players always going for the killer pass that ends up with the opponent. He needs to grow some balls and bench the likes of Casemiro, Bruno and Rashford

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I wonder, how many cut back goals does he want to watch before he fecking does something about it?

city-puma

It’s obvious Mount is part of the main reason for the unbalanced team. I am not saying he played bad but this setup doesn’t work and the reason we played such a chaotic game.
it’s pointless to sack ETH. Maybe it just needs a bit of adjustment to make the team work. But the trend is effecting players badly. Rashford now has the confidence all gone.

evil_geko

laugh all you like. Any half decent organised side will turn us over from here on in. ‘Give him more time’ is bollocks. No club in the premier league lets a manager lose week in week out. Least of all one of our size. Forms worse than before we sacked Ole
Ok Football Manager veteran. :wenger:

chris123

You cannot just keep sacking managers. Liverpool fans early on last season knew it was going to be one of those seasons for them, and that's exactly the sort of disaster season this one looks like. All three left backs out, barely three functional centre backs, two right wingers mired in scandal, our best player out of form, and a goalkeeper that has lost all of his confidence within a month to start the season.

IamBurnsey

Can someone please end the madness and get the club sold so united can get in a decent manager who will have the proper people helping him whoever that is, there is no point do anything under the current owners , different manager same crap!

STYLOISRED

In fairness Amrabat is a makeshift LB so can’t really judge him yet but I agree, it looks scattergun and there still looks to be very little in the way of team style to me, we are actually dangerously close to Moments FC again at times.
We are worse and it's his fault. That win against Crystal palace was the perfect opportunity for him to be brave and drop some starters like Rashford and Bruno. Instead he rewards them with two straight starts despite them undeserving. What message does that send to the rest of the squad. I love ETH but this isn't Ajax. He needs to go.

Robbie Boy

I don't know how much worse things can get to be honest. Back to back losses at Old Trafford against two of the weakest teams we'll play this season.
Ole and Jose were allowed a fair whack of utter shite tbf. But yeah, I don't personally see how he's turning this around.

DickDastardly

Have some faith you inbreeds.

He doesn't look besides himself, he looks genuinely angry.

The Dalot brain fart.
The Onana brain fart.

No manager in the world stops that from happening.

Onana is a self conscious cock-a-doodle.
It's what overconfidence gets you.

But we are on the right track.
He's promoting youth.
Hojlund looks a good one.
Mount looked really good today.

Give him time you fecks. Ease off.

Cathy Ferguson

The not so funny thing is that ETH knows Onana first hand from Ajax.

How do you get rid of stupid mistakes from your players? Terrible defending and goalkeeping tonight.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
He should still get the season and make a decision from there. He needs to be stripped of recruitment duties immediately, just focus on coaching and managing the players. So much rot within the organization not solely on him. Maybe finishing mid-table and CL group elimination will force a full-scale clear-out within the management side, maybe a club sale goes through.

Too many low football IQ players, too many individuals, too many lacking quick decision making abilities, rampant fitness issues, too many players that should have been shipped out years ago, and on and on. But continuing to stick with his favorites may well be his undoing.

Injuries alter much but Dalot has continuously proven he should not feature, surely there's another RB in the ranks with AWB out. This Bruno-Mason partnership leaves the midfield open, just alternate them. Sticking a midfielder at LB - is there not another player in the academy that can play LB? Such easy decisions to make but he's stubborn it seems. Or maybe there's just garbage everywhere so he trots out the best talents, plugs and plays even when this disrupts whatever system he's trying to mold.

But he also seems to not change things up in matches when such is obvious. With Cassemiro sent off tonight just move Amrabat to CM to have some control in the middle versus dropping no legs Eriksen in there, go three at the back, and try to get an equalizer. Maybe I'm off here playing armchair manager.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's weird that people now just blame the Glazers for performances like that because they don't want to be wrong about Ten Hag
People hate to be proven wrong, especially on the internet but come on, United means a hell of a lot more than ETH. He isn't getting the club to the standard it should yet apparently he's unlucky. We just lost at home to Galafeckingtasaray.

crossy1686

career ending
You cannot just keep sacking managers. Liverpool fans early on last season knew it was going to be one of those seasons for them, and that's exactly the sort of disaster season this one looks like. All three left backs out, barely three functional centre backs, two right wingers mired in scandal, our best player out of form, and a goalkeeper that has lost all of his confidence within a month to start the season.
Actually yes you can because that's a better plan than keeping someone who isn't qualified in the job where they can do more damage than they already are doing. Klopp has earned the right to have one bad season, how has Ten Hag earned this?

DSG

fecking clueless. Amrabaat again at LB, that fecked us. We can’t finish, we are woeful at defending. The mentality is poor. Results are poor. Onana is a shitshow. Mount isn’t working out.

We need a poll: should Ten Hag be sacked? @golden_blunder

gaffs

How is it possible that his team had more of a style 3 months into his reign and 12 months later has nothing?

Anyway. I think he ll be gone by December and I think he has lost the dressing room. I guess that's a hard lesson for him because he decided he didn't want any advise and he could do it on his own.
We dont know that for sure, but whatever he is telling them to do, it is not working.

They look the worst drilled United side i have ever seen.

Skills

Snitch
It's weird that people now just blame the Glazers for performances like that because they don't want to be wrong about Ten Hag
Our fanbase just leans heavily to the dim end of the spectrum in general. It takes an age for the light bulbs to switch on about most things football.

Lights Out

I’m sick. I thought he was the one. But it’s getting to the stage where I can’t see how he’s going to turn this around.

Too many players letting him down.

Onana and Bruno need to be dropped.

United Hobbit

We are in the same rut Liverpool went into. Again because they were behind the times

I really don't know about ETH at this point but no manager will succeed under this out dated structure.

I'd certainly put Bruno and Rashford in the "lost the dressing room" category. Yet they get the most game time.

I half want him to stay so these wasters don't win and get rid of yet another manager, to be given yet another blank slate before they throw someone else under the bus

Why didn't we give Ralf a consultancy role so they could finally be called out

It was embarrassing to see Hojlund looking like the only one who cared, in the CL FFS.

I think he will walk. Just numb at this point

I think the only thing which could save him is the lack of availability of a stand out candidate, and the injuries costing us dearly

He deserves sacking if he plays Onana next game he needs dropping, use him in the reserves to try and get some semblance of form back first

crossy1686

career ending
People hate to be proven wrong, especially on the internet but come on, United means a hell of a lot more than ETH. He isn't getting the club to the standard it should yet apparently he's unlucky. We just lost at home to Galafeckingtasaray.
I'd sack him, I think it's clear he's out of his depth and ultimately his piss poor recruitment and wasting of funds has set us back an untold amount of years. The more money we give him, the more money we'll have to give the next manager to replace Ten Hag's players.

Mcking

I think he's got this. We had a good season last time, and most managers will go through periods where they have to deal with huge pressure. I would personally stick with him, confident he will turn it around.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We’re in a tailspin. Feel like you never really see the manager recover from these.