Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 564 53.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 482 46.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This has that late stage energy where a series of poor results turn the fans on the manager to where the end is nigh.

madzo2007

Can't really legislate for your keeper having a mare tonight, passing the ball straight to the opposition meaning one of your best players gets sent off and then he barely makes an attempt to save it.

Other than that we really didn't play too badly, apart from our defence who were awful

Abusian

Making Bruno captain was as worrying as anything.
How on earth you can think a character like that would make a good leader. Should have been Cas.
What? The guy who has been sent off three times in barely a season?

mu4c_20le

ETH please play your own game. Drop the square pegs in Bruno and Rashford and actually play your own football. This pragmatism to fit those 2 in the team is gonna get him fired.
They were a big reason we got 3rd and a trophy in the first place.

Castia

Backed him to the tune of 400m which he’s blown in former players or colleagues

I don’t think there’s anyway back for this club 10 years of awful leadership has absolutely killed it. We can’t even buy our way out of trouble anymore

Denis79

Let him finish the season and go from there, he shouldn't be allowed to control as much of the transfers though, if he should stay. He might be a good manager but he doesn't have an eye for talent.

tomaldinho1

I do feel for him. So many bad individual errors today and we have a lot of injuries but the baying mob won't give him much more time.

A rare positive was Mount and Hojlund were actually decent.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Can't really legislate for your keeper having a mare tonight, passing the ball straight to the opposition meaning one of your best players gets sent off and then he barely makes an attempt to save it.

Other than that we really didn't play too badly, apart from our defence who were awful
Well have to shoulder some blame when you're the one bringing in said keeper for big money

Stabra

"You have to reach the level every day at Manchester United." - so, what happens to the manager who does not reach the MU level on a match day?

Joseunited

ETH please play your own game. Drop the square pegs in Bruno and Rashford and actually play your own football. This pragmatism to fit those 2 in the team is gonna get him fired.
Couldn't agree more,Bruno is shocking more often than not now and Rasfords confidence is shot to hell.

Jezpeza

We got the trophy because the run was gerrards Villa, Burnley, Charlton, Forest and Newcastle. Loved it all the same but lets be honest

crossy1686

career ending
Try not to sound too excited about it.
If you think I enjoy watching my team lose, being continually humiliated and battered twice a week then you need to have a word with yourself. You should focus your frustration on the man responsible for making you feel this way, not the people who can see the issues you can't.

STYLOISRED

It’s obvious Mount is part of the main reason for the unbalanced team. I am not saying he played bad but this setup doesn’t work and the reason we played such a chaotic game.
it’s pointless to sack ETH. Maybe it just needs a bit of adjustment to make the team work. But the trend is effecting players badly. Rashford now has the confidence all gone.
Opposite for me. Mount should be benching Bruno based on current performance. Bruno has been very poor under pressure. Once he pressed he just kicks the ball. Mount has shown more composure on the ball and would better suit us.

Yes he has been unlucky with injuries but i still can't overlook the fact that players just seem to do whatever the feck they feel like doing on the pitch with no repercussions. Say what you will about LVG, Jose and Ole, you could Atleast see tactical discipline. There is no discipline in this this squad especially from the so called best players.
Rashford dribbling into no mans land always, Bruno hoofing passes willy nilly, Casemiro playing like he is an attacking midfielder.

You bought Onana because you want to implement a style of play yet you still play players who can't play that system. Like Zlatan said earlier "you have to have a plan, and you have to follow the plan all the way through". ETH doesn't look like a man with a plan this season

Ludens the Red

You answered it on your own, we will not keep losing, it will all come around.
:lol: Seriously . Come on man. We’ve done this before. In late 2021 with Ole, in late 2018 with Mourinho. It doesn’t turn around from here. The players have chucked it and aren’t buying into his ideas. His signings(the players he most trusts) are stinking the place up. Again, we’ve been here before, this only ends one way. Football isn’t magic. There is no turn around.

Yorke to Cole

People that want him out who replaces him that makes any sort of difference in this absolute mess of a club?
I agree. I think we are going to have to ride this out. We need to step by step make it to December and see where we are. Not just on the pitch but upstairs/the boardroom (whatever term you prefer) to see where we are.

There is no one available to come in. The problem we still have 3-4 players that need to leave, as well as the owners.

The goalkeeper is not great, and I did have reservations about him.

Cathy Ferguson

Let him finish the season and go from there, he shouldn't be allowed to control as much of the transfers though, if he should stay. He might be a good manager but he doesn't have an eye for talent.
An eye for talent is rather important when chosing which tactics to use.

DickDastardly

A good manager would have gotten rid of dalot and put some investment in the fullbacks, even on the cheap. Even with injuries, he seems to be paying for the his decisions in the transfer windows, and it's coming to bite him in the arse.

I am questioning him though, still not on the 'get rid' camp...yet
But good managers stop playing players that are useless week in week out no? Give him time to do what? I’ve always been on the managers side but when I look at other teams like spurs and see how there manager as implemented a style straight away and he’s had what 7 games? ETH has had over a year. No excuses to not get a team playing a good brand of football and if they don’t accept it or can’t play that way then bin them off. This is a joke and we’re getting embarrassed every week.
Let's get serious here guys.

The club couldn't offload fecking Harry Maguire who we don't need let alone sell Dalot.

That same Dalot who is now our ONLY left back AND right back!

Buy some fullbacks you say?! We barely got over the Amrabat deal with a loan, we're fecking skint, didn't you get the memo?!

Stop playing players who are useless you say?

The feck is he gonna play at right back?! They're all fecking injured!!!

A loanee defensive midfielder is playing as our left back for crying out loud.

Get a fecking grip.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
:lol: Seriously . Come on man. We’ve done this before. In late 2021 with Ole, in late 2018 with Mourinho. It doesn’t turn around from here. The players have chucked it and aren’t buying into his ideas. His signings(the players he most trusts) are stinking the place up. Again, we’ve been here before, this only ends one way. Football isn’t magic. There is no turn around.
Unfortunately, I agree :(

evil_geko

Yes seriously, things are not black and white as many on here want to believe.

gaffs

A team when is changing 2-3 players in the summer cant go from 3rd to 14th without players giving up. It happened with Jose and Ole too. This is our culture now, and without changing it, we won't be successful. The first and most important thing that ETH should have asked this summer, should have been to sell Martial, Shaw, Rashford, McT, Sancho, Maguire*. He didn't. So this problem will persist.

*I m not blaming them for today. It's just that these players have embraced this "I give up" culture.
come on man. Most of those lot are not on the pitch.

It is clear to see we are not well drilled.

No repeating patterns of play. No shape. Wide open through the middle and the back.

The effort is there but everything we do on the field is ad hoc.

We can’t keep the ball so we can’t get control of game.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Fine, lets keep playing them and change managers every 2 years.

Brother, if you didn't see their stupidity and 0 IQ football tonight, then its hopeless discussing.
Dalot, Rashford, and Bruno's collective football intelligence today was negative. Not even a 0.

I mean, as a player:
How do you waste that chance 1 on 1 with the keeper with Bruno busting his gut on the other side?? Give me any half decent PL attack and he squares that accurately for a clear goal.
How do you keep making simple passes to the opposition player in the middle of the pitch?? Give me a decent PL midfielder who completes his actual simple passes to keep the game moving
How do you even think to defend that 1st goal even? Any half decent full back doesn't let it get that far.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's brought in players that aren't good enough to play for the club and he's relying on them to get him out of the shit. It sucks but you live and die by your recruitment as a manager and he could not have got it more wrong
I think it's premature to call out Mount and Hojlund as not being good enough. Same for Amrabat and Regulon.

Onana is going to be his problem. And only Onana can fix that, he needs to turn it around. That said, I don't think sacking and rage quitting a project will do the club any good whatsoever.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bloody hell, have some common sense, we don't have money, we don't have FFP conditions to spend even so there is no money for another rebuild, also there is no good enough manager out there available to bring in. That is why he will not be sacked.
How much money do we need to compete with Galatasaray? :(

flappyjay

Adjust. Pen and red happened. Its still 2-2 that's when you got for the point .